Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 (4836 Views)

How June 12, 1993 Election Was Annulled - Prof. Humphrey Nwosu (Video) / Humphrey Nwosu Writes Buhari On Abiola’s Award / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by dealslip(f): 7:13am On Jun 13, 2018
Cairns:

You sounded so rational and logical. But you couldn't still hide the tribalism deep rooted in you as a black man.
I sounded logical to you until I touched a sore point right. We must tell the truth regardless of who will be affected. You are the one that saw tribalism, I am speaking from another point of view.
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by rummmy: 7:36am On Jun 13, 2018
Go and die
post=68283298:

Hahahaha, so funny cheesy wink grin.
Don't mind them.
Confused bunch of people.....they are very funny too tho.
They are a sort of comic relief.
Replying their mentions is a waste of time!
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:42am On Jun 13, 2018
rummmy:
Go and die
Gather all ur relative together apart from mom and ur only sis and do what you just typed to dem all.
Uncultured kid.
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by alezzy13: 8:35am On Jun 13, 2018
dealslip:
This June 12 thing is actually an image laundering thing for Buhari. He has been accused of undemocratic behaviour and this would only go on to make him look like a supporter of democracy which we know he is not. Buhari hated Abiola's gut. Please let us separate facts from sentiments:

First I read somewhere that it was meant to spite OBJ. No it was meant to spite IBB, it was IBB that annulled the election not OBJ so how does become the subject of spite. Buhari and IBB are still not friends. Buhari refused to shake IBB when they met at ASO rock immediately Abacha died. Abacha, David Mark and other high ranking soldiers threatened IBB not to handover to Abiola, Abiola and IBB were great friends and I see no reason why he wouldn't hand over to him. Abacha kept Abiola in captivity for almost five years, he hounded his family members and killed his wife. Abiola was denied good healthcare and was tortured till he was very ill and almost blind. Do you think IBB would have treated his bossom friend like this. Abacha even had him filmed while making love to his wife in incarceration. OBJ on the other hand didnt chose May 29 as democracy day, it was Abdulsalami that handed over to OBJ on May 29 and it has been the norm afterwards. OBJ had no say over the date.

The election was free and fair not because Prof. Nwosu was clinical but because Abiola was popular in the entire country hence there was no need for any friction. There was no violence nor fighting nor ballot snatching, it was a seamless exercise. It was only in the East that he didnt get enough votes (which is expected because he was Yoruba and automatically an outcast), even at that he still had a close margin to his opponent in that region. It had nothing to do with Nwosu's courage or wisdom. It was visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that Abiola was the winner.

Not totally true. Abacha and Abiola were actually very good friends with their relationship spanning several years right from the Shagari era. It was after the post Shonekan era when Abacha assumed power and Aboila declared himself C-in-C that they fell apart.

Those calling for the cancellation were disgruntled poluticans who had lost out after IBB disqualified them from participating in the process. They were loosely organized through the so called association for better Nigeria, led by the notorious Nzeribe.

However I do agree that Nwosu is over hyped. Yes he certainly played his part, but to ascribe the success of June 12 solely to him is rather stretching it.
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by dealslip(f): 8:47am On Jun 13, 2018
alezzy13:

Not totally true. Abacha and Abiola were actually very good friends with their relationship spanning several years right from the Shagari era. It was after the post Shonekan era when Abacha assumed power and Aboila declared himself C-in-C that they fell apart.

Those calling for the cancellation were disgruntled poluticans who had lost out after IBB disqualified them from participating in the process. They were loosely organized through the so called association for better Nigeria, led by the notorious Nzeribe.

However I do agree that Nwosu is over hyped. Yes he certainly played his part, but to ascribe the success of June 12 solely to him is rather stretching it.
Of course I know they were friends though not as friendly like IBB. Before his declaration he had already fallen apart with all the military boys he was associated with.
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Cairns: 8:52am On Jun 14, 2018
dealslip:

I sounded logical to you until I touched a sore point right. We must tell the truth regardless of who will be affected. You are the one that saw tribalism, I am speaking from another point of view.

Ok
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Cairns: 8:56am On Jun 14, 2018
alezzy13:

IBB and Abiola had the friendship you described herein and ascribed to Abacha.

Abiola could have been friends with Abacha too. He was an unapologetic friend of the military. He wined and dined with them, sponsored coups and what not. The curse Pa Awo laid on Abiola was just what came to fulfilment.
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Joylove2324(f): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2018
abeg he can get his own recognition and award from Biafra president unamudi cownu
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Chemcrown: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2018
dealslip:
This June 12 thing is actually an image laundering thing for Buhari. He has been accused of undemocratic behaviour and this would only go on to make him look like a supporter of democracy which we know he is not. Buhari hated Abiola's gut. Please let us separate facts from sentiments:

First I read somewhere that it was meant to spite OBJ. No it was meant to spite IBB, it was IBB that annulled the election not OBJ so how does become the subject of spite. Buhari and IBB are still not friends. Buhari refused to shake IBB when they met at ASO rock immediately Abacha died. Abacha, David Mark and other high ranking soldiers threatened IBB not to handover to Abiola, Abiola and IBB were great friends and I see no reason why he wouldn't hand over to him. Abacha kept Abiola in captivity for almost five years, he hounded his family members and killed his wife. Abiola was denied good healthcare and was tortured till he was very ill and almost blind. Do you think IBB would have treated his bossom friend like this. Abacha even had him filmed while making love to his wife in incarceration. OBJ on the other hand didnt chose May 29 as democracy day, it was Abdulsalami that handed over to OBJ on May 29 and it has been the norm afterwards. OBJ had no say over the date.

The election was free and fair not because Prof. Nwosu was clinical but because Abiola was popular in the entire country hence there was no need for any friction. There was no violence nor fighting nor ballot snatching, it was a seamless exercise. It was only in the East that he didnt get enough votes (which is expected because he was Yoruba and automatically an outcast), even at that he still had a close margin to his opponent in that region. It had nothing to do with Nwosu's courage or wisdom. It was visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that Abiola was the winner.

I will love to have the clip of "Abacha even had him filmed while making love to his wife in incarceration" or else this will just be a beer parlour gist.
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Chemcrown: 10:04am On Jun 14, 2018
hisgrace090:
This is a good observation, the man played a very important role in that election.

Due to his selflessness he was been hunted by babangida for so long for accepting abiola victory.

In one interview granted him, he describe how he was hidding from one remote area to another because of declaring abiola winner of June 12 election.

If people should be honoured Humphrey nwosu must be among them.
"
In one interview granted him, he describe how he was hidding from one remote area to another because of declaring abiola winner of June 12 election."
Award is not given to those hidding from one remote area to another. And that of Babagana is purely tribalism and association of Kingibe to MKO.
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Ovamboland(m): 1:04pm On Jun 14, 2018
namet:
Babagana Kingibe also supported the annulment of the election. He said the election was inconclusive and that he and Abiola did not win. So, why is he being honored by Buhari? Is it because Kingibe is a fulani man?

Kingibe is not a Fulani man, he is Kanuri

Don't get it twisted
Re: Buhari Ignores Prof Humphrey Nwosu The Hero Of June 12 by Ovamboland(m): 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
bosco2017:

bros I dont know where u got this . We ibos voted and supported Abiola presidency over Tofa his opponent them . Humphrey Nwosu was a true Igboman who stood his ground to insist that Abiola won .

You can easily get a degree (hons) in lying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

TINUBU: See This Tweet, Twitter Is Not For The Weak! / Naira Crashes To N710 Per Dollar / Onitsha City Known For High Number Of Storey Buildings In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.