Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert (25214 Views)

Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / Mad Man Spotted At First Bank ATM, Abaji (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by Dotwillis1(m): 9:52am On Jun 08, 2018
Fist Bank?
lalasticlala
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by adriftonmemories(m): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2018
Ekakamba:
I sell rice at NGN7,000 per bag.
Shipping fee NGN11,000.
Contact me ASAP.
Thanks.
grin tongue

Ku nam nsak imam angry
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by Exwizard: 10:20am On Jun 08, 2018
chrisxxx:

Avoid anything Abeokuta by all means. This place resides all criminals, headhunters and everything evil you can thing about. Abeaokuta and Ibadan have same level of red flag.

I doubt if you ever experience brain
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by wellmax(m): 10:40am On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is pitiful and utmostly ridiculous.
How will a great bank like First Bank want to reduce themselves to a regional bank?

I hope this ill-thought decision to use dialetic slangs popular amongst touts in their ads doesn't bring down the already emaciating Elephant.

Sense is far from you dude
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 10:53am On Jun 08, 2018
I hope so too.
SalamRushdie:
I suggested this when the trend started...i hope they paid the owner

1 Like

Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

How will a great bank like First Bank want to reduce themselves to a regional bank?

I hope this ill-thought decision to use dialetic slangs popular amongst touts in their ads doesn't bring down the already emaciating Elephant.

That is why Marketing is said to be broad. It must reach all, including grassroots (so-called touts). smiley
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by chrisxxx(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2018
Exwizard:

I doubt if you ever experience brain
Those who have brain will hear me. As for u since u lack brain you r looking for someone to harvest from.
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by m3xy(m): 12:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
skarlett:
Hope they got the necessary authorization sha undecided

The question to ask is Did the original person that came up with it copyright it?
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by palsenator(m): 12:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your problem is with the language of the trending slang. My brother, the slang has not and will not in anyway reduce the giant institution called First Bank. Please live above ethnic bigotry and see it as a mere that luckily got trending without prior thought. This your your mindset is a gonna pose a big problem for this nation..
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by Krisddon: 12:25pm On Jun 08, 2018
mamatayour:
Sho mo age mi ni
pls what's the meaning? thanks.
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by palsenator(m): 12:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your problem is with the language of the trending slang. My brother, the slang has not and will not in anyway reduce the giant institution called First Bank. Please live above ethnic bigotry and see it as a mere that luckily got trending without prior thought. This your your mindset is a gonna pose a big problem for this nation..
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by m3xy(m): 12:27pm On Jun 08, 2018
It's not reducing themselves to a regional bank!
The Yoruba phrase has become a social media sensation.

its safe to say its apt for them as one of the pioneer banks to use it

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by Crownwahley(m): 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

O'de
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by Mcleo007(m): 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

There is nothing wrong about it. Its a trend, and the bank is buying into it. You must not tribalise the slightest thing. If you dont know the meaning, you simply ask from those that know it.
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by cbngov01(m): 7:33am On Jun 09, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Oga how does a quote with a light joke bring down d brand or diminishes the elephant?read the intrinsic meaning men....since 1894..#youfirst
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by prettysassygirl(f): 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
Yes o,first bank is the main man mehn.
Re: First Bank Uses The Popular Street Slang "Shomoagemini" In Lastst Advert by Anoruo(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2018
Review sense today ijn.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Start VTU Business With RAGP COMPANY / Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria / Gtbank: A Few Questions About Wire Transfer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.