Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,324 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says (22891 Views)

Religion Has Finished My Mother.. / I Propose The Motion: Religion Has Done More Harm Than Good To The Society / Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
ibkayee:
Great in the sense that it shapes our moral conscience, harmful in the sense that people politicise it to force agendas and it suppresses independent thought
Wise submission..all the egotistically emotional male monikers here have been bleating and regurgitating worn out and hackneyed misconceptions...

1 Like

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by johnydon22(m): 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
charliboy654:

And u think technology is the reason?
No. i think it is the misuse or wrong application of technology.

Before technology they was killing, it's even in ur bible. Cain killed Abel.
I am an atheist i don't believe in the bible

There's no need blaming technology or defending religion. Everything has to do with humans. We created both technology and religion. Trying to say one has done more harm than good is really stupid.
wasn't that what the original OP was trying to say? My counter argument blamed wrong application and not religion nor technology.

You may want to start again.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by johnydon22(m): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
smartehis08:
AT LEAST U KNW BULLET KILLS.HW MANY PPLE KNW HW BEEN RELIGIOUS IS DANGEROUS THAN AVING CANCER

I disagree that religion is more dangerous than having cancer
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by johnydon22(m): 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
tragergeorge:
my brother leave all his your plenty talk,its obvious with what's happening around,right now the strongest political tool is religion,take your country as a case study
Doesn't this imply that as a tool of politics, the main culprit then should be politics?

Why then do we blame the tool and not the user?

1 Like

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by johnydon22(m): 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
vaxx:
johnydon22 may no longer be an atheist. i am sensing it .
I am an atheist, you are sensing wrong.

The world is not a place of black and white, stop forcing people to walk a straight line. You can be religious and be rid of bias, you can be atheistic and be rid of bias.

Arguments have premises and we must try to argue within the premise without bias.

Atheism does not necessary mean anti-religion. I disagree with religious ideas doesn't mean i cannot argue without bias on matters concerning religion.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
CHAI....CHRISTIANITY HAS REALLY GIVEN U GUYS MOUTH....
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
90% of the wars in recent history have been fought because of one major reason, RESOURCE CONTROL...the first and second world war, the gulf war, the Nigerian civil war and even the American civil war..it has always been because of resource control..NOT religion..the Asians are highly religious and yet they are moving forward in strides..the black man has an uncanny knack of turning that which should be to his advantage to his detriment...
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by PointZerom: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
plessis:
where did I mention that I'm an atheist?....

Let your head be correct next time.

Let yours be correct first.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by tragergeorge(m): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
johnydon22:
Doesn't this imply that as a tool of politics, the main culprit then should be politics?

nope,we are the users, we choose the tool to use politically and religion is the most dangerous tool we now use in politics
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
correctbae:
A Nigerian guy, Onyekachi has taken to his twitter handle @Roitrills to criticize the acts of believers who practice religion. In his post, he pointed out how they emphasize on love but they hardly practice it because of their unforgiving spirit, he also said religion has done more harm to humans than technology. They don't accept people who share a different ideology from what they believe. He also pointed out that religion has broken the bond between humankind.

Read full tweets:

Any sane human will do everything to avoid getting into the bad books of some believer.
They preach love as a central message, but only a few genuinely practice it. The way they're unforgiving despite it being a sanction given unto them is sapping.
You dare not share a different ideology from what they hold dearly. The day you do, is the day you became a crossed enemy w them, their deity & beliefs
Who to trust? I may not know, so when I come in contact w the self proclaimed Christ lots, I do well to bring my thinking cap
The way some believers paint God will make you want to worship a stone instead.
When something bad happens to a believer, it is the will of God.
When something bad happens to an unbeliever, it is God's punishment to show case its existence and supremacy.
Despite this, there are believers you meet that spices up your world and lend you all the moral support you could ever need as a human.
There are believers that makes you wanna accompany them to their place of worship due to their charisma and humanistic tendencies.
I don't know how the bond between humankind got broken, but religion have done more damages to mankind than technology will ever would.
A lot of believers only remember people in their prayer(s) when they hope and wish for evil to befall the said people.
What they forget is; regardless of who you are, what you believe in or do not believe in, we all die in the end.
If as an unbeliever, you run into needs and seek for assistance from a staunch believer, then you're in for a long one.
Accepting Jesus Christ as your personal lord and saviour, attending their church services, baptism and open refutation of unbelief becomes a benchmark to get help and support from them
But those who do, are the same people who will say "God bless you" when an unbeliever offers them deliberate support without expectancies and refunds.
It's funny how they effortlessly paint God blackForced evangelism, proselytizing, mental manipulation and compulsive repentance; all you will go through to get aids and support from the fundamentalist Christian.
Regardless, a good number of them won't put you through all that stress to get their assistance
I used to think love could save us despite our skin colours, racial and religious differences, but the heart of man is genuinely wicked.
they're some things they can't change. Some people put their brain to sleep whenever the issue hinges on their belief system.
But those who do, are the same people who will say "God bless you" when an unbeliever offers them deliberate support without expectancies and refunds.
It's funny how they effortlessly paint God black
It's not about how many times they've been to church. Unassistedly, the water down their beliefs, deity and practices.
God must be really disappointed in everyone of us. I look at the damages religiosity inflicts on mankind, and i bow my face in shame.

Source: https://correct.com.ng/religion-has-done-more-damages-to-mankind-than-technology-they-preach-love-but-dont-practice-it-it-broke-the-bond-between-mankind-nigerian-guy-says/

Did anybody notice how the op left out Islam as if islam is not a religion and focused on christianity?

Point of correction, Islam is more of a religion while Christianity is A WAY OF LIFE AND NOT A RELIGION AS THE WORLD HAS MADE MANY TO BELIEVE.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by rekinomtla(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
TheUbermensch:

You didn't disprove me.

Lol i responded to all your crap from the previous post. In case you forgot, this is what you said:

A) Adolf Hitler had Catholic connections.

And so, who cares? Atheist dictators such as Mao Zedong killed far more than him. Comparing the two is laughable and desperate.

B)Joseph Stalin was a strong Christian.

is this true or is this just straight up lying? grin sounds like the latter.

C) Atheism amongst the ruling class in Europe at that time was unheard of.

Yet those few killed millions.

So what claims have you made in this post that I haven't disproved. Is it the "Stalin was a strong christian" one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by Jonra(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
I disagree with you. For someone called 'TheUbermensch' I expected a lot more...

It's important to NEVER judge a system of thought by its abuse. Having stated this, I must state that the Christian crusades were a travesty and abuse of the Judeo-Christian worldview.

But its quite fascinating how you mentioned those two humanist figures as theists. Hitler - Nazi and Stalin - Communist were anything but believers. No humanist is a believer! tongue

Stalin - dropped out of a seminary @ 19, had read Darwin's origin of species at 13. He became such an affirmed atheist that his last physical act according to Svetlana Alliluyeva (His daughter, who stood by his deathbed) was to lift his head a bit, clench his fist against heaven before giving up the ghost). In his lifetime, Stalin killed ~50 million of his own people.

We go to China, Mao Zedong - another Communist. Killed 60 million of his own people.

Hitler, another humanist killed 6 million jews.

THE 20th century remains the BLOODIEST in recorded history [Predicted by Friedrich Nietzsche in his famous work 'Nietzsche and the mad man' - from where god is dead originated]

In religion, the travesty was an abuse of the worldview. In atheism it was the logical outworking of the humanist worldview because in those cases (Nazism, Marxism) humanity has no intrinsic worth - it is given from the outside.

In one instance, Stalin was interviewed by a foreign journalist who asked him 'for how long do you intend to punish your own people like this?'.
Stalin gave no answer but called a waiter at the restaurant to give him a live chicken... And he started defeathering it till it was completely nude. After this, he crushed pieces of bread and started walking away from his table - throwing bits on the floor, the chicken followed him. Shooting a look at the journalist Stalin said, 'there's your answer people are like that chicken, you torture them and they'll follow you for food the rest of their lives'. This is a philosophical theory of humanity which emerges as legitimate as any other theory (e.g. Marxism) in the humanist worldview.

Also avoid the trap of thinking about about Marxism as a mere economic theory, it is first a human description before it is an economic theory. Was it not Karl Marx who stated that 'religion is the opium of the people, the sigh of the oppressed, the only illusory sun that revolves around man so long as man does not revolve around himself'. Essential to Marxism is Atheism. Stalin, Mussolini, Mao were all Marxists

TheUbermensch:

Lol. Adolf Hitler had Catholic connections.

Joseph Stalin was a strong Christian.

Atheism amongst the ruling class in Europe at that time was unheard of.

Do a little historical research. Don't come on here and display ignorance.

1 Like

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by jozz(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
There is true and false religion. True religion is made up of those who worship as God instructed while false religion is made up of the churches, religions etc that have deviated from Gods laws
It is false religion that has failed. Unfortunately they are in the majority. True religion is in the minority and most people will not want to attend their meetings because they speak the truth. Eg JW
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by AoM3b(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

"RELIGION HAS ACTUALLY CONVINCED PEOPLE THAT THERE'S AN INVISIBLE MAN LIVING IN THE SKY WHO WATCHES EVERYTHING YOU DO, EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. AND THE INVISIBLE MAN HAS A SPECIAL LIST OF TEN THINGS HE DOES NOT WANT YOU TO DO. AND IF YOU DO ANY OF THESE TEN THINGS, HE HAS A SPECIAL PLACE, FULL OF FIRE AND SMOKE AND BURNING AND TORTURE AND ANGUISH, WHERE HE WILL SEND YOU TO LIVE AND SUFFER AND BURN AND CHOKE AND SCREAM AND CRY FOREVER AND EVER 'TIL THE END OF TIME!
................BUT HE LOVES YOU."

-George Carlin
The same way your parents will flog you, punish you, and still tell you they love you.

1 Like

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by IbnAbdullah1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

"RELIGION HAS ACTUALLY CONVINCED PEOPLE THAT THERE'S AN INVISIBLE MAN LIVING IN THE SKY WHO WATCHES EVERYTHING YOU DO, EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY. AND THE INVISIBLE MAN HAS A SPECIAL LIST OF TEN THINGS HE DOES NOT WANT YOU TO DO. AND IF YOU DO ANY OF THESE TEN THINGS, HE HAS A SPECIAL PLACE, FULL OF FIRE AND SMOKE AND BURNING AND TORTURE AND ANGUISH, WHERE HE WILL SEND YOU TO LIVE AND SUFFER AND BURN AND CHOKE AND SCREAM AND CRY FOREVER AND EVER 'TIL THE END OF TIME!

-George Carlin

If you find it dificult in believing such,the onius is on you to tell us the purpose of this life beyond these animalsitic tendencies people engage themselves in.
Religion is not the problem,same as technology,but the abuse and misuse by ignorant folks like this guy who made this ignorant ladden claims about religion is what is wrong.
Religion preaches and uphold love not to the detriment of justice.
I won't hide under religion to rape somebody's daughter and tell her family to show justice with mercy.
Never!
That would be hypocrisy.
Religion is meant to contain man's excesses physically,spiritually and psychologically.
If not,and we were allowed to exercise our desires not even technology can stop it from happening.

And he who denies the existence of God is living a life between two stupidity.
We believe humans built manchines and complex technology without asking for the who assemble it and we think as complex and subliminally co-ordinated this universe has no Supreme regulating its affairs is far too much for even an imbecie to speak this way.
I must not see the engineer whodsigned and build a space ship for me to acknowlege it ws built by some one similarly I must not see God for me to acknowlesge is existence His creation are enough to prove to every reasonad scientifically driven mind that things do not just happen.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
It's true that religion has done a lot more harm to humanity than technology, though the fearful (religious people), with their flawed understanding of God, would always contest this simple fact.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by Awoleesu(m): 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
johnydon22:
Today, technology have given us a weapon powerful enough to end life as we know it by just the flick of a button, I doubt religion have ever being that powerful or threatening throughout history.

Let us be objective, anything can be misused and abused given the wrong application, technology and religion are suitable examples.
yeah! and religious indoctrination powers that "flick"... Check 'history' well & contemporary observation, you'll understand...
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by johnydon22(m): 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
Awoleesu:
yeah! and religious indoctrination powers that "flick"... Check 'history' well & contemporary observation, you'll understand...

Amazing
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by kilojoDesigns: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
rekinomtla:

Wasn't too hard for atheist dictators. They killed millions then slept like nothing happen.

You say atheist dicators like they are the father's of ditcatorship. Any ditcator is only playing by the rules set up by religion.

Mind you going back a couple of years, ditcatorship wasn't "bad", it was the way of life. And guess what?...99% of rulers of old had religious beliefs. Am sure you know what heresy is, in most cultures. The punishment for having/voicing a different opinion to the accepted religion was imprisonment or death.
What is the number one rule of dictatorship?... shutting up opposition.

Religion has been playing by these rules since, fvck they created the rules.

You said the "athiest dictators killed and slept like it was nothing"

Religious ditcators kill and sleep like they have done a the greatest service to the entire universe, they sleep thinking they deserve a medal, they would be rewarded with good fortune and virgins, palaces in the world to come etc.

Arrest a religious person and you would either hear "I did it in the name of God" when they still believe they are in the right or the popular "it was the devil" when they reailze they are wrong.

Why do you think Herod ordered the massacre of innocent children? He was afraid of God. That's a ditcator whi killed his own people, who haven't done anything wrong yet. That's religion in all its glory for you.

Read about the Templar knights and their fate, the Salem witch trials, read about Rev. Jim Jones and how over 900 regular people killed themselves.

Bro, Religion itself is a Ditcator if you look at it critically. I doubt you can though, kim Jon is an atheist, I was watching on CNN last year an inside look into North Korea. Do you know people in North Korea believe he doesn't poop, that when he was born there were so many natural signs and wonders in the sky and on land as well? Sound familiar?
He is an atheist but he knows what keeps people subjugated... religion.
In North Korea they warship him, you might say they have gone bunkers? But ask yourself what's the difference between you and them.
If you were born in NK you would worship him as well because that how you would have been indoctrinated and since uv never critically questioned your religion, the same way you would never question him.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by superhumanist(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
johnydon22:

There have been many times the world threatened to flick that button, religion was never one of the reasons.

Dont rope in religion with a false and unfair premise.

Really?

World war 2 was boosted by Hitler who believed that he was doing God's work against Jews.

Europe almost annihilated itself with different kings believing that they had divine right to rule.

Religion is the strongest form of politics.

Religion is not the only reason for war but it is by far the most popular with greed for resources.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by Revolva(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
true true
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by bezimo(m): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
Most of the folks attacking religion..if you check them well..the are either occultist, cultist, wizards, witches, atheist or free thinkers.

Some of them..na christianity them wan attack so they use the "religion" phrase to cover their true intentions.
Smh.

Peoples faith..be it Islam..Christanity..Buddishm..should be respected..I may have strong reservations about certain religious groups..but its part of their way of life.

1 Like

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by kilojoDesigns: 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

I must not see the engineer whodsigned and build a space ship for me to acknowlege it ws built by some one similarly I must not see God for me to acknowlesge is existence His creation are enough to prove to every reasonad scientifically driven mind that things do not just happen.

Good, you have arrived at the possibility of the existence of God. It seems youre thinking for yourself. However where did all the rules come from, how do you know if God is good or evil? There's the miracle of birth and also the wiping out of entire settlements by natural disasters. Where did all your books come from? Why would one paragraph say not to kill and another verse say

"Go in and clean house, and don't leave anything breathing! Don't leave a donkey, child, woman, old man or old woman breathing. Wipe out Jericho."

There is possibly a Creator, but any other thing about "him" is nothing but speculation on our part. Inventions of wise men to control those too lazy to think, they help them think via religion.

Which I see people argue religion an technology It's ironic to me, they are one and the same.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by delexy123: 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mr2wealth:
Religion as opium of the masses is good and helpful. However, the way the so called men of God (both Christians and Muslims) practice and use it to their own advantages and disadvantages of the gullible masses is disheartening.
. Well I dont take this Marx statement seriously because it is vague. You can remove religion from that statement, insert technology, entertainment, education etc and each of them will stick well. Infact any tools used in politics to make men 'feel good' and control their ideology can be referred to as an opium. So making that claim for only religion is intellectual dishonesty.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by delexy123: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Technology is controlled by humans.

Humans are controlled by Religion
.Well that i a blanket statement... One can twist your assertions and still be right. I mean... religion can be controlled by man (politicians esp dictators are great examples). Also man can be controlled by technology(tech addicts say hi). That said, the underlying truth is that Religion and technology are tools by man who is naturally selfish.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by delexy123: 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
johnydon22:

. Well I love your decision to be objective in this. Like you said, religion is a political tool. But politics itself cannot be blamed in this as it is also a tool used by the user, man for his own selfish gain. Man is naturally selfish and in his selfishness he devises means to acquire resources for himself, family, those who share the same ideology as him etc. These seemingly harmless means should not be blamed but man who is the architect of his woes.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by felixomor: 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
johnydon22:

Truth be told
Johnydon22 remains the most rational atheist on this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by Jonra(m): 6:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
Brother to believe in God is not speculation!

Rather not believing in Him is to believe in absolutely impossible wild fantasy.

To not believe in God is to hold the belief that a dictionary could be formed by an explosion at a printing press. Or even wilder that a fully functional Boeing 787 can be formed when a hurricane moves through a junkyard.

Roger Penrose (Oxford) calculated the odds that life just came by chance in the universe after the big bang - given the initial conditions after it occurred. You know what he got?

10^10^123 ... That's more zeros than all the atoms in the observable universe. In practice, 10^50 is an infinite impossibility. So for sanity and respect for objectivity, there's surely a superintelligence behind all this reality. Except you wish to believe in the impossible impossibility.

Christianity wasn't invented. I'll refer to it as the Judeo-Christian worldview. And you should know that sin a grace offense before God. Also, the prophesies fulfilled by Jesus were proclaimed by different prophets centuries between each other - this isn't stuff you invent. You know the odds of one man fulfilling all 8 prophecies? = 10 billion quintillion (10^28)... Jesus best it cheesy

Finally brother, there is now Grace, an eternal light that shines on all men. Believe in Jesus, be baptized and received the Spirit of God (the spirit of power, love and self-control).

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God" - Romans 8:14

kilojoDesigns:

Good, you have arrived at the possibility of the existence of God. It seems youre thinking for yourself. However where did all the rules come from, how do you know if God is good or evil? There's the miracle of birth and also the wiping out of entire settlements by natural disasters. Where did all your books come from? Why would one paragraph say not to kill and another verse say

"Go in and clean house, and don't leave anything breathing! Don't leave a donkey, child, woman, old man or old woman breathing. Wipe out Jericho."

There is possibly a Creator, but any other thing about "him" is nothing but speculation on our part. Inventions of wise men to control those too lazy to think, they help them think via religion.

Which I see people argue religion an technology It's ironic to me, they are one and the same.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

-George Carlin
With all thy getting get understanding. You understand nothing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by delexy123: 7:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
kilojoDesigns:

It hard for an atheist to take a life, he knows he does so in his own responsibility. When you transfer that responsibility to another being whos story and values are controlled by a few rich and powerful sect there's no telling what they can make common men do...it's genius

hmmm...your statement my there is an 'untruth'. Tell that to a nihilist or an environmental extremist who happen to be an atheist.
Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by delexy123: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
superhumanist:

Really?

World war 2 was boosted by Hitler who believed that he was doing God's work against Jews.

Europe almost annihilated itself with different kings believing that they had divine right to rule.

Religion is the strongest form of politics.

Religion is not the only reason for war but it is by far the most popular with greed for resources.

Man selfishness has always been the reasons for his woes(wars included). Religion like technology, education etc is just a tool used by man to acquire resources for himself. Take away religion (which is a tall dream anyway) and man will still continue to controll and suppress his kind using other means. Also your assertion that the religious belief of these men caused all what you stated above is a construct of men who have succeeded in swaying you into buying their narrative using 'half truth' information which is also a tool to further their own selfish agenda. The truth is that man is naturally selfish and will continue to devise any means to acquire resources for himself even at the expense of his kind. Survival of the fittest they say it is...

1 Like

Re: 'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says by Ugosample(m): 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2018
johnydon22:
Today, technology have given us a weapon powerful enough to end life as we know it by just the flick of a button, I doubt religion have ever being that powerful or threatening throughout history.

Let us be objective, anything can be misused and abused given the wrong application, technology and religion are suitable examples.
er

thw worst crimes till date was committed in the name of religion eg the crusades, the massacre in latin America, jihadist incursion etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

54th Independence Anniversary Church Service, On NTA (Photo News) / Apostle Suleman Denies Receiving N90m COVID-19 Loan From US / Lady Gets Iphone 8 As Gift, Says "It Pays To Give" (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.