Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer (1936 Views)

What Are The Best Countries To Apply For Remote Jobs As A Nigerian? / How Do I Get Jobs As A Programmer? / How Do I Start Networking For Jobs As A Fledging Programmer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer by lakeside21340: 12:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
Hello,I’m a web developer,i do HTML and CSS and also program in React and Nodejs.Ive gotten a few jobs(3 to be precise) my last job was in January and ive found it hard to get a new gig(I’ve contacted everyone i know but to no avail)
My website is at www.particledevelopers.com
My question to experience programmers is:

How do i get new gigs(I’ve tried everything talked to everyone i know,networked with people at meetups,written proposals to several companies)
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer by mustang247: 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
This is very strange, cause web dev r in very high demand, what part of web dev do u do, asp.net, MVC, .net core, php etc...also I just checked ur website it awesome, but am of the opinion u may have used word press or any templates out there, if that the case, that may be the reason u not getting gigs.
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer by lakeside21340: 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
mustang247:
This is very strange, cause web dev r in very high demand, what part of web dev do u do, asp.net, MVC, .net core, php etc...also I just checked ur website it awesome, but am of the opinion u may have used word press or any templates out there, if that the case, that may be the reason u not getting gigs.

React & Redux,Nodejs,Html and css.
My question is how do you as a developer find gigs ?
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer by micodon(m): 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2018
mustang247:

he is not getting gigs cos he didnt use wordpress for his website? wth is that? smh
Re: How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer by romme2u: 12:25am On Jun 11, 2018
sad

Join any dev community of your choice.

Build nodeJS module and release it free for anyone to use.

Join any open source module maintenance group and offer free services.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer by JohnSenOne(m): 12:00am On Oct 07, 2019
Web development is in demand buddy. If you want to learn what mistakes a web developer might make, you can check this article, it will help you a bit and your journey of getting ideal prospects and jobs get a bit easy.
Here is the article link: https://www.helpsquare.net/blog/7-most-common-web-development-mistakes/
Best of Luck smiley
with practice, things always get better and this skill set is already high in demand, keep learning your prospects will get better.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

A Reminder That Abeg Was Built With PHP. / Need Advice On Mobile Apps Development / I'm Just 16 And I Created An Amazing Android App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.