Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) (625 Views)

Jeremiah Johnson: '12-Year-Old' Football Player's Look Shocks Social Media Users / Man Hands Over TV Remote To His Wife, After The World Cup (Photo) / Polish Holding The Hand Of A Senegalese At Russia 2018 World Cup (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by GistMeMore: 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
GistMore.com

Dressed in a patriotic red and white suit and a golden crown adorned with small footballs, Andrzej Bobowski is getting ready to attend his 11th soccer World Cup in Russia.

The 78-year-old Poland fan has been to every World Cup since 1978, even when his own national team did not qualify.

There are no such worries this time, though, “I actually dreamt that we’ll play in the final against Russia.

“I am going to attend the first match with Senegal at Spartak stadium. Then I fly to Kazan … then to Volgograd,” he said.

Well-known at home as “king of Polish fans”, Bobowski, nicknamed Bobo, said he had been told by fans he has met at previous tournaments to expect a “royal welcome” in Kazan.

The former builder, who also supports the Polish club champions Legia Warszawa, has seen 135 World Cup games since he headed to Argentina in 1978 with a ticket bought by his wife.

Since then, he has married again and even at 78, does not baulk at making the complex travel arrangements for two people.

“I worked out my routes using the internet: first – where I land, second the hotel, third how to get to the stadium from the hotel,” he said.

He said his outfits are already prepared.

For day wear, he has a T-shirt with the contest’s emblem on the front.

He also has a list of all the World Cups he has attended on the back – with a question mark for Qatar in 2022.

For the matches, he will wear an appropriately regal coat in Poland’s red-and-white, with its white-eagle crest on the back.

The coat, made by a local theatre company, has a white furry collar and cuffs with a motif of small footballs.

Under the coat will be a white tail-coat, red shirt, red bow tie and red trousers.

And on his head, above the mandatory scarf, a soft golden crown, decorated with badges from the tournaments he has attended, and emblazoned with the slogan “King of Polish fans”.

Gist from Gistmore

Read More Gist :: http://www.gistmore.com/78-year-old-football-fan-heads-11th-world-cup-photo

Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by GistMeMore: 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2018
cool
Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by sparklezeee: 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nice

1 Like

Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by Rapoo(m): 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
dynamic football lover. that's my kind of person
Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by sodiqapril(m): 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
when he is not from a third word country, why won't he watch his 10th world cup. An average 70 year old in Nigeria is already week and feeble from the stress and sufferings of this damned hell hole we call a country. tell me how do you expect such a man to think of going to Russia when the bloody criminals parading themselves as government still owe him five months pension. was chatting with a friend that just traveled to the USA, he works in a local restaurant and $15 per hour after tax, he works for five hours in a day and he still goes has a stress free quality time devoted to his education. The nigga I'm talking about was dead broke when he was in Nigeria, now he uses an IPhone x( not that it really matters but for a Nigerian to use such a phone without engaging in internet fraud is a laudable achievement) he has already saved money for his masters education in of the IVY league schools. he plans to work at NASA and his so confident he'll get a job yet he still sends money to his parents foots his only brother's education( he is just 23)when he was Telling me this, I wept for Nigeria because anyone that hears this story will never wish to continue in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by decatalyst(m): 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
Maybe he thought the football stadium/field is an holy land where he must die? undecided

Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by dkronicle(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
Better client
Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by darfay: 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
Shebi e get money abi na babaramota wey Neva chop since morning na him wan dey travel around like this
Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by Abdulnur(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2018
sodiqapril:
when he is not from a third word country, why won't he watch his 10th world cup. An average 70 year old in Nigeria is already week and feeble from the stress and sufferings of this damned hell hole we call a country. tell me how do you expect such a man to think of going to Russia when the bloody criminals parading themselves as government still owe him five months pension. was chatting with a friend that just traveled to the USA, he works in a local restaurant and $15 per hour after tax, he works for five hours in a day and he still goes has a stress free quality time devoted to his education. The nigga I'm talking about was dead broke when he was in Nigeria, now he uses an IPhone x( not that it really matters but for a Nigerian to use such a phone without engaging in internet fraud is a laudable achievement) he has already saved money for his masters education in of the IVY league schools. he plans to work at NASA and his so confident he'll get a job yet he still sends money to his parents foots his only brother's education( he is just 23)when he was Telling me this, I wept for Nigeria because anyone that hears this story will never wish to continue in this country.

I bet you dont know this. smiley

Re: 78-Year-Old Football Fan Heads To His 11th World Cup (Photo) by czarina(f): 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
And I'm positive he'll make Qatar 2022 smiley

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool

(1) (Reply)

See Reaction Of This Saudi Prince After Russia Vs Saudi Match / Antonio Conte Spotted At Chelsea Training Despite Sack Claims (Photos) / France Vs Belgium Today, @ 7:00pm (predict Correct Score & Win ₦2,000 Now)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.