Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election (31077 Views)

Donald Duke And Ben Murray Bruce Visit The Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road (Pictures) / Donald Duke Releases 2019 Campaign Posters For Presidential Election / Biography Of Elishama Rosemary Ideh, Female 2019 Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by Dranatomy: 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Like for Donald, share for Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by Roger3D(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
DogCynophile:

Every time it's the turn of the North, yaradua, buhari and next is still the turn of the North ..wetin
It's the consensus of the political class
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2018
shamecurls:

Cant you support yourselves!

Even when Ojukwu contested for the No1 position, you did not support him and you here spewing gibberish.

You need to start thinking of supporting yourselves

Ok.thanks...we will support ourselves like we did to our cousin Jonathan.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by damzy88: 12:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
contigiency:
Unfortunately the current political realities does not favour your candidature. The election is squarely between buhari and candidate of PDP. And from the look of things, PDP will not give you ticket. On the other hand, you can emerge from any of the minor political parties. But You and I know that Nigerians do not vote for candidates of minor parties no matter their credentials. We only shout and post online what we want, but In reality, the reverse has always been the case. It is really a big problem and very pitiable.
You have said it all

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by HomeOfMe(f): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
He is obviously looking for a VP spot.....

It's not feasible though
Zoning things
The only way he can stand a chance is if he goes to a party where the presidency is not zoned to the north apc and pdp already zoned it to north.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by e7ejinima: 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
Donald Duke came to Enugu to declare? What an insult!

3 Likes

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
madridguy:
Who kill am? grin grin grin
You sef know na
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by obowunmi(m): 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2018
No. Not after what he did to GEJ.

Evil, wicked monster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by Bishop4real: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=chieyine post=68314689]I think he has the presidential charisma more than Sowore and Fela Durotoye but against Buhari and Atiku, it will be difficult.
I see great things in him though

The first time my post is making front page cool[/quote

2023 in mind...
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by dane15: 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
I can see some people hating on Donald Duke because he said what he believed was the truth about Jonathan and Okonjo.

I can see that some people's lives just revolve around Jonathan. Jonathan this, Jonathan that, Jonathan up, Jonathan down.

Come on! Even Jonathan has moved on. Get a life! I really see no difference between this set of guys and the APC who blame Jonathan for the most ridiculous things like the Harmattan.

The attitude of Nigerians should be objective enough to vote any non-performing President out. In 2011, we believed in him and all voted massively for him not considering his tribe. In 2015, he didn't perform well and as an elected public servant that he was, we kicked him out. The position was not his birthright, he was a PUBLIC SERVANT for crying out loud. We do not regret voting Jonathan out and we will do it again and again.

We voted Buhari massively again, believing that he would bring real change but after 4 years and with so much bloodshed and little response from him, if care is not taken, the people will kick him out too. Of all the issues Obasanjo raised about him, there were four he could not respond to which may lead to his downfall:

1. Nepotism 2. Dividing the nation 3. Health 4. Blame game.

Does his performance justify retaining Jonathan? NO! Because we need to create a culture where public servants know that if they don't perform, they will be sacked.

Finally, I believe that it is time we try another option and do away with all tribalistic, emotional and religious sentiments. I don't see this current government getting better next year. History has proven that 85% of elected governments do worse in their final tenure. Therefore, it means that if they have not impressed now, maybe it is time to move on to younger, more virile, forward-thinking, articulate and visionary leaders. I am not canvassing for Duke but compared to all our former Presidents till date, he will definitely be an upgrade.

The likes of Sowore and Fela may be too green. They should test the waters at the State level or National Assemblies first.

Long story short, APC and PDP please let Jonathan rest. Let's stop using his name as excuses (APC) or as a reason to disqualify "credible candidates" (based on Nigerian Politician standards) because they criticised Jonathan in the past (PDP).

I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
He should take a number position after 2023, cos Buhari is going no where till then
Igbo Presidency 2023. Niger Delta have had their turn (GEJ).
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by KanwuliaExtra: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
Let him go up North to campaign. cheesy
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by zoedew: 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
I have waited for this forever! Better late than never!! He deserves massive support!!!

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by David160(m): 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
chieyine:
Yesterday was set agog after Donald Duke made his intentions known.
This was during a dinner organized by Law Students Association of the University of Nigeria at Golden Royal Hotel Enugu.

I think his formal declaration is a starting point.
What do you think?

Watch the video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmfxHlIt-o
I was dere live

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by dane15: 1:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
igbodefender:

So Niger Delta is now different from the South East?

#truelove
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by dane15: 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
igbodefender:

Really? So Niger Delta is now different from Igbo land?

#truelove
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
igbodefender:
[s]
Igbo Presidency 2023. Niger Delta have had their turn (GEJ).[/s]
Quit from disgracing your generation

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by sexyanyabubakar(f): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Partnerbiz:
Good move

Efcc will start work
Nigerian Lazy yoots what do you really want. Is it a PVC that will not count since we are pretenddig to be in a democracy or any leader that addresses SOCIAL SECURITY as a core issue in his Manifesto. It will shock you to learn that while we are busy fighting media wars on Naira land children of APC members of state and National assembly, as well as childreen of Top brass in Police, Army, Navy that were born just yesterday have been enrolled as Niger delta militants SECRETELY being paid SOCIAL SECURITY before month end. AMAZING that ordinary 5000 naira bank alert APC said no money but is ready to sign holidays, look for dead men to give award and allow Monkeys to steal money in broad day ligh with IMPUNITY. Yoots do you want a a young person that has a manifesto of social security which means receiving bank alert of 65000naira to 1000,000like Yusuf Buhari or drag for PVC that at the end of the day you cant buy the type of food you want to eat, your family will harass you that you are lazy and the President will tell CNN. Amazing, IF YOU DONT KNOW YOU DONT KNOW and will continue fighting media wars on naira land or paid 500naira to snatch ballot boxes on election day

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by wiloy2k8(m): 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
AnonyNymous:
This is good.

With the crop of candidates that declared their intentions before him, I was ready to vote President Buhari for a second term. Donald Duke has a spotless criminal/corruption record and he has a good reputation from his time as governor. I'd like to see his manifesto before making any decisions though.

U know anything so ? Every past Governors are criminal . Quote me and die
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by Ken4Christ: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
He doesn't contribute in any way to the issues and challenges facing the nation unlike Sowore. I don't see him as a good candidate. I don't want another ice water man as a president. When there are issues in Nigeria, you don't make input. It is inconsistent with the nature of a true politician.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by dominion001(m): 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
He should take a number position after 2023, cos Buhari is going no where till then
who dey block dis guy from my view

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by dominion001(m): 2:15pm On Jun 09, 2018
HomeOfMe:
The only way he can stand a chance is if he goes to a party where the presidency is not zoned to the north apc and pdp already zoned it to north.
those two political parties u mentioned are the two major problems facing Nigerian politice.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
daryoor:
Okojo revealed he is an enemy of the state.

Somebody that wanted a national financial crisis becos he was againt president Jonathan Will never ever ever ever become pre talk less of sident

Fail leaders failed country

#Get that visa

Donald Duke is both a Killer & an enemy of state just as Buhari.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by odinga1of: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
chieyine:
I think he has the presidential charisma more than Sowore and Fela Durotoye but against Buhari and Atiku, it will be difficult.
I see great things in him though

The first time my post is making front page cool

Lie of the Century............. Sowore for President 2019

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by murmee: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
adisabarber:
All these people will end up dividing southern votes while the North will return Buhari
Good thinking.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by micflo28(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
His is more vice presidentialike, take the position to garner political influence because as it is now, he has zero political influence, he has no firm grip on any geopolitical zone asides in the heart and minds of people. The best attack spot is from behind.
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by murmee: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
BlackBaron:
This country surely has a conveyor belt of absolutely unsuitable leaders and politicians. To allow this idiot even a primary ticket is the gravest possible outcome.
Thank you!
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by micflo28(m): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2018
I Fantasize Dankwanbo/Duke ticket. My people how una see am?

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by edupedia: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
Can't really say if this is a good or bad thing.

This was how buhari won the 2015 elections. It wasn't because we were pro-buhari, but we were desperately anti-jonathan.

Nigeria as it is now is anti-buhari more than pro-(insert candidate of your choice) and I fear we could end up repeating the mistake of 2015 and electing another younger and saner buhari if we aren't careful

....some people type surrounded by bottles of codeine...,
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by RuthlessLeader(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
edupedia:

....some people type surrounded by bottles of codeine...,
I'm sorry for typing this cry cry.

If i had known a fool like you was going to read I would have typed something that was in the same level as your IQ.

Don't worry, I'll try to be as stupid as you next time
Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by malachytochukwu(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
The best candidate for me so far.

Duke 2019.

1 Like

Re: Donald Duke Declares For 2019 Presidential Election by HomeOfMe(f): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
dominion001:
those two political parties u mentioned are the two major problems facing Nigerian politice.
Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu May Travel Out As Northern Youths Seek Probe Of Buhari’s Aides / 100 Killed By Boko Haram's Booby Trap In Monguno, Borno State / President Buhari Arrives Abuja From London, February10,2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.