Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Album Review: DJ Neptune – Greatness - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Review: DJ Neptune – Greatness (369 Views)

DJ Neptune Ft. Zinoleesky – REFERee Mp3 Download / DJ Neptune Ft Kiss Daniel-wait Mp3 Download / Download New Song: Dj Neptune Ft. Runtown - Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Album Review: DJ Neptune – Greatness by magazineguy(m): 9:25am On Jun 09, 2018
The Disk jockey’s long-awaited and debut album is an ode to the credits of sounds DJ Neptune has harnessed and slick bangers but the features boast of gluttonism

Guests: M.I, Jesse Jagz, Burna Boy, Mayorkun, Niniola, Larry Gaga, CDQ, Olamide, Slimcase, Zoro, Reminisce, Kizz Daniel, Maleek Berry, Skales, Harmonize, Davido, Phyno, Small Doctor, Pasuma, Mr Real, Yemi Alade, Willy Paul, Efya, Patoranking, Runtown, Mr Eazi and C4 Pedro

Genre: Afro-pop, Afro beats, Urban Contemporary, Rap. Dancehall, Afro House

OVERALL RATING: 7.6/10

Since his emergence in the music industry and scratching the panels at major events and gigs across the country, no one would have imagined the man behind monstrous hits to have one album to his name after more than a decade in the industry.

DJ Neptune’s commercial prowess might not have been visible. Luckily, the golden era of social media just carved a new breeding ground to make fans hungry and expect more music from his unending rolls and archives.

DJ Neptune, a soft-focus, calm and blissful fellow, brimming with excitement on those mixers. He is the DJ that turn ups and paint gigs with colours of wildness, improving your mood. He showed that in his recently concluded listening session. Instead of shouting, DJ Neptune is always cool with stamping his name on his singles by the simple vocals of ‘DJ Neptune’ or ‘Neptune’. The album title ‘Greatness’ is clearly a tribute to his achievement. A whooping 15-song track list gives the judgment and expectation that is well-illuminated in the features.

Fortunately, much of that heart made it into Greatness, a bloated LP that’s full of many solid tracks with a shiny list of features – from M.I and Jesse Jagz to Davido and Phyno, name a big artiste and it’s probably here – that seem monumentally wired toward capturing the commercial and digital spheres.

On Blood & Fire, The Abaga brothers stayed on their known style – a low tempo spiced Jesse Jagz rhythmic flavor as opposed to M.I spitting his bars without remorse.

Burna Boy’s recently discovered efforts at road music was marked throughout the interval on Shayo, a tune which he used unknown and criss-crossed slangs.

Tear Rubber probably ear-marked Mayorkun’s proficiency we have seen on his past hits. DJ Neptune did not think twice. Mayorkun was impressive on the mid tempo love song, maintaining and changing keys, occasionally.

Niniola’s affiliation with Afro House was on point on Rolling, a genre which she has been known for since her inception in an industry that is not so diversified in terms of genres. The chords really remind me about ‘Maradona’. Her vocals were evergreen as compared to the freshest of harvests in the barn.

The acceptance Shaku Shaku received was not left out of this body of work as street promoters – Larry Gaga, Olamide, CDQ and Slimcase did justice to the juicy instrumentals of Shawa shawa.

Reminsce OG class brought out the best of Zoro on the hook of Friday [/b]as the two emcees traded classy and uncracked lyrical candy bars.

Kizz Daniel can be your usual cook at bangers but his style was sleek and was reformed on Wait as the production and vocals sparked cultural and ethnical offerings.

Maleek Berry’s ability to carry his vocals to a different world was all over [b]My World
. The man is so emotional,

Skales and Harmonize were doing well until Skales lost it at the midpoint of the melody. I hope Harmonize gets to forgive this little flaw on Do like I do.

Secret Agenda, a highlight of this project was supposedly an Afro-pop tune which reduced Phyno to a soft artiste. Surprisingly, it’s still one of the best tunes.

Small Doctor, Pasuma and Mr Real drew a battle of the All-Yoruba and local clan tune Sisi and the trio was probably at the best except for Mr Real’s sudden low and unusual vocals. What could have happened?

Yemi Alade and Willy had their moment on the makossa laced tune and Willy Paul stole the moment and gave Yemi a run for her money on No body.

Efya and Patoranking’s double barrel attack on In a way was epic – A&R did their best here. The Rnb and fused dancehall was atoned to the glamorous vocals of the duo.

We listened to Why several times and we cannot deny the radio-friendly Runtown assisted track really made us happy as we bopped our heads to the melody’s rich embedded instrumentals.

Mia Mia is just that party song that DJ Neptune did in a rush by enlisting Mr Eazi as a first artiste and was retouched by laying Pedro’s vocals on the verses. It’s still lovable.

To that end, Greatness has been very successful – still there – still out there on the digital charts. It has produced mega hits, three of which are indeed album standouts: “Wait”, with Kizz Daniel laying his addictive vocals on it, the shaku shaku inspired “Shawa shawa” which featured Larry Gaga, Olamide, CDQ and Slimcase; the blood-is-thicker-than-water duo M.I and Jesse Jagz on “Blood and Fire

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/album-review-dj-neptune-greatness/

cc
lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique
Re: Album Review: DJ Neptune – Greatness by Neminc: 10:38am On Jun 09, 2018
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Russia World Cup Mixtape 2018 Dj Awarenex / Error 1010 / Virgin Simi Is Pregnant?(see Shocking Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.