Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,041 members, 7,863,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:46 AM

Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why (510 Views)

Linda Osifo: I Tried Surgery To Remove My Tribal Marks (Photo) / Ebun Oloyede 'Olaiya Igwe': My Tribal Marks, My Only Regret In Life / Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why by Ekiti360(m): 9:47am On Jun 09, 2018
Popular Nollywood actor Afeez Abiodun aka Afeez Owo recently went down memory late to the time when he used to dislike himself because of the tribal marks his parents did for him.

In a recent chat with Saturday Beats, Owo said he will never allow his children to go through what he went through in his childhood days.

His words:

“I am very comfortable with my tribal marks now and if anything ever wipes them off my face, I would feel bare or naked and my fans would not recognise me. While I was growing up in Surulere, there were a lot of times I was teased by people because of my tribal marks. They abused me so much but I did not care; today my tribal mark is my trademark. There was a time people teased me so much that I attempted to use sandpaper to wipe them off especially when bus conductors insulted me about it. They always picked on me and called me various names but I thank God for who I am today. I am also glad I did not get rid of the tribal marks. There is no insult anyone can dish out to me over my tribal marks that would hurt my feelings. Although I like my tribal marks, I can never allow anyone to give my children tribal marks”.

On how he started his acting career, the actor said:

“When I started my acting career, it was rough and tough. The first challenge I faced was from my parents who felt I did not know what I was doing with my life. I lived with them in Oyo State and they felt that I ought to go to school to study. They weren’t pleased with me, so they backed off and I had to finance my education from Primary 5 till I got to Form 5. When I got to Lagos, I had to fend for myself as well. I got a little place on Randle Avenue, Surulere and whenever I was going for rehearsals, I trekked from my house in Surulere to Saka Tinubu, Victoria Island. I never knew that I would become someone in life. I just went with hope and I had it in mind that if I passed out while trekking either to the venue or back home, then so be it. I got a breakthrough in 1998 and two years later, I produced my first movie” .

http://kikiotolu.com/afeez-abiodun-owo-i-disliked-my-tribal-mark-in-my-childhood-days-because-bus-conductors-bullied-me/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique Fynestboi

Re: Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why by ChiefAzubuike(f): 9:50am On Jun 09, 2018
Its a pity. Children of these people have to go through such pain in the name of recognition.
Re: Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why by kolafolabi(m): 9:57am On Jun 09, 2018
You are handsome bro and also have a beautiful wife.. Weldone Seriki Olopolo (Leader of script writers) ..

2 Likes

Re: Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why by remi1444: 9:59am On Jun 09, 2018
-OBJ betrayed Awo to grant Shagari the presidency.
-Abiola was betrayed by Yorubas to trade away his hard earned national mandate when Abacha bared his fangs.
-Oladipo Diya & co were condemned by their kits & kin even before Abacha unveiled his real intension in the phantom coup of 1995.
-OBJ betrayed Afeniferi even insulting them only to shamelessly.
come back to same people recently as the case of the chicken coming back to roost.
-Tinubu was being undermined by the like of Fashola,Fayemi,Amosu to consolidate their grip on power in the present government.
-Same race is telling Nigerians that Buhari who leagued with Abacha to deny Abiola his mandate & even killed Kudira is a hero because he actualized June-12? So much for us as a nation.
Re: Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why by IamD18: 9:59am On Jun 09, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
Its a pity. Children of these people have to go through such pain in the name of recognition.

I heard the TRIBAL MARK gives them orgasm.

Re: Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why by ChiefAzubuike(f): 10:01am On Jun 09, 2018
IamD18:

I heard the TRIBAL MARK gives them orgasm.
Well i think it promotes appetite for ewedu soup.
Re: Afeez Abiodun Owo: I Disliked My Tribal Mark In My Childhood Days. See Why by Partnerbiz(f): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2018
Wonder why they still do that...

(1) (Reply)

Secret Of Kim Kardashian’s Fitness Workout Diet Plan And Tips / Jeremy Meeks Gets Full Custody Of Son, Pays Ex-wife 6-figure Settlement / Mark Angel Comedy - About Emmaneulla ( Young Richest Kid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.