Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,479 members, 7,826,811 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section (3009 Views)

Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature / Centino Wins May Literature Section 5K Award / The Extremely Appalling Poor Quality Of Writing On Literature Section. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Topscoque(f): 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
Wt does it entails?
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by okeyben10: 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
I'm in
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by harjibolar10(m): 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
Topscoque:
Wt does it entails?
Seconded

Divepen1, I'll like to (at least) have a brief account of what it entails
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by queenitee(f): 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2018
I just saw this, I'm. in.
Whatsapp 08106609843
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by queenitee(f): 4:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
I just saw this, I'm in.
Whatsapp 08106609843
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by rachealfst(f): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2018
Count me in if there's still room for late comers.
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Filly3(f): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
I'm interested
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Switup: 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
Divepen1:
Welcome
i am still renewing my volunteer vows
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by meneski(m): 7:07am On Jun 27, 2018
wetin this volunteers dem wan do?
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by DEIFIED(m): 7:32am On Jun 29, 2018
Mr divepen be making this look like a FG work, you will wait for enternity to be call up after applying.
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Divepen1(m): 3:53am On Jul 05, 2018
I'm so sorry for the late response. I've been too busy to map out a good plan. So, I'll just list out the things we need in this session.

1. Welfare Group
We need people that will do the job of looking out for writers or readers that go AWOl for a long time as well as other welfare features.

2. Front page: I need 7 or 14 Volunteers for this. Every day, I'm supposed to recommend two good stories for FP, but most times because of time constraints, I don't get to send some type of stories to FP.
So, I need help in choosing the best two per day in this order
Monday- Short stories.
Tuesday- Romance Novels
Wednesday- Crime Novels
Thursday- Poems
Friday- Crime Novels
Saturday- Top ten stories of The Wee
Sunday- Any stories, preferably a religion-related post

Note: 1. I will create a thread where the volunteers only can post their FP suggestions
2. I will still be the one in charge of sending it for recommendations
3. Posts that are not complete but redirect us to other websites are not worthy of FP
4. Let's try to avoid the stories with excessive shorthands. Let's build a formidable community.

3. August Writing Competition: Last year, we had a writing competition. Now, we need volunteers to help with .
1. Publicity
2. Talking to sponsors( note that the game wasn't intended for money)
3. Judges ( Last year, we had Repogirl, Larrysun, and Audreytimms. I will reach out to them)
4. Members of the organising team can participate.

4. November Nairaland Month Legend: we want to get a feel of our former writers)
1. We need a thread where all their names will be mentioned
2. Volunteers will reach out to them.
3. These legends will write stories for the website. Remember, we are building a community, not a website.

5. First Literature session Get-Together- Probably, the biggest in Nigeria

W need a big plan for it. The plan is to make it different from the regular Festival.

6. Literature Session Top Ten Works of The Week.
1. We need people to help select the best story of the week.
a. Stories that beat imagination
b. Stories that was worked on grammatically.

7. Our own Magazine.
1. We need ideas on how to raise fund
2. We need ideas on how to publish
3. We need ideas on publicity
4. The aim is for us to have it ready in January.

8. Any other idea

Please indicate the part(s) you will like to be involved.

CC:
Sandas11
solaisola
Boldwolf
ewawumi
Maymac
DEIFIED
boffinjay
Charminee
Switup
Ruibii
badohemmy
stuff46
samyfreshsmooth
smithsammy
okeyben10
queenitee
rachealfst
Filly3

New Volunteers are allowed.

1 Like

Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by okeyben10: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2018
number 8 should do cheesy

all 7 seem exciting I don't know which to settle for
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by ewawumi(f): 8:38am On Jul 05, 2018
5 and/or 7 will do
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 05, 2018
I would go for number 5.
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Switup: 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
Divepen1:
I'm so sorry for the late response. I've been too busy to map out a good plan. So, I'll just list out the things we need in this session.

1. Welfare Group
We need people that will do the job of looking out for writers or readers that go AWOl for a long time as well as other welfare features.

2. Front page: I need 7 or 14 Volunteers for this. Every day, I'm supposed to recommend two good stories for FP, but most times because of time constraints, I don't get to send some type of stories to FP.
Monday- Short stories.
Tuesday- Romance Novels
Wednesday- Crime Novels
Thursday- Poems
Friday- Crime Novels

Note: 1. I will create a thread where the volunteers only can post their FP suggestions
3. Posts that are not complete but redirect us to other websites are not worthy of FP
4. Let's try to avoid the stories with excessive shorthands. Let's build a formidable community.

3. August Writing Competition: Last year, we had a writing competition. Now, we need volunteers to help with .
1. Publicity
3. Judges ( Last year, we had Repogirl, Larrysun, and Audreytimms. I will reach out to them)

4. November Nairaland Month Legend: we want to get a feel of our former writers)
3. These legends will write stories for the website. Remember, we are building a community, not a website.

W need a big plan for it. The plan is to make it different from the regular Festival.

7. Our own Magazine.

8. Any other idea

CC:
Sandas11
solaisola
Boldwolf
ewawumi
Maymac
DEIFIED
boffinjay
Charminee
Switup
Ruibii
badohemmy
stuff46
samyfreshsmooth
smithsammy
okeyben10
queenitee
rachealfst
Filly3

thursdays; poem
mondays; short stories And i believe this falls in category 2
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Charminee(f): 8:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
Divepen1:

1. Welfare Group

Monday- Short stories.
Tuesday- Romance Novels
Wednesday- Crime Novels
Thursday- Poems
Friday- Crime Novels

1. Publicity

7. Our own Magazine.

8. Any other idea

CC:
Sandas11
solaisola
Boldwolf
ewawumi
Maymac
DEIFIED
boffinjay
Charminee
Switup
Ruibii
badohemmy
stuff46
samyfreshsmooth
smithsammy
okeyben10
queenitee
rachealfst
Filly3

2 and 6
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
1 and 4
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by queenitee(f): 4:28pm On Jul 06, 2018
Divepen1:

1. Welfare Group

Monday- Short stories.
Tuesday- Romance Novels
Wednesday- Crime Novels
Thursday- Poems
Friday- Crime Novels

1. Publicity

7. Our own Magazine.

8. Any other idea

CC:
Sandas11
solaisola
Boldwolf
ewawumi
Maymac
DEIFIED
boffinjay
Charminee
Switup
Ruibii
badohemmy
stuff46
samyfreshsmooth
smithsammy
okeyben10
queenitee
rachealfst
Filly3

2 and 6
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by seun0225(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
Am in. You can count on me.
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by DEIFIED(m): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
6 and 8 for me.
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by goodyvin02(m): 4:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
am in
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by yewande1234(f): 6:02am On Jul 09, 2018
count me in 1,2 nd 4
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Rosemary33: 9:12am On Jul 09, 2018
Divepen1:
Hello, everyone we need a lot of things on this section and we need volunteers for the various committees.
If you can help it would be very wonderful.

Hi is there still space for me? I will gladly volunteer (rosemaryokafor674@yahoo.com)
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by queenitee(f): 11:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
I'm going for 1 also
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by rachealfst(f): 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2018
Divepen1:

1. Welfare Group

Monday- Short stories.
Tuesday- Romance Novels
Wednesday- Crime Novels
Thursday- Poems
Friday- Crime Novels

1. Publicity

7. Our own Magazine.

8. Any other idea

CC:
Sandas11
solaisola
Boldwolf
ewawumi
Maymac
DEIFIED
boffinjay
Charminee
Switup
Ruibii
badohemmy
stuff46
samyfreshsmooth
smithsammy
okeyben10
queenitee
rachealfst
Filly3

I'm very sorry for the late response. I just saw this mention. I'll go with 1 and 4. Thanks!
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by badohemmy(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2018
Welfare group or publicity will work for me sir.
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by ewawumi(f): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2018
Oga, divepen, no updates about this yet?
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by olaayinkha(m): 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
A thoughtful idea. Want to partake in it.....numbers ⁴ and 6
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by stuff46(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2018
Divepen1, Mentions here is like a drop-call erh; Doesnt even notify self.
Its more than 3 months now and am just getting to see this innovation. The lord is your muscles
Re: Volunteers And Committee Needed In Literature Section by Divepen1(m): 6:01am On Oct 18, 2018
ewawumi:
Oga, divepen, no updates about this yet?
Sorry for not replying. As a mod, I get a lot of post especially the ones that makes it to fp from here. And you used Divepen nikan...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Book Summary - Why Men Love Bitches By Sherry Argov / The Coolness Of The Eyes (a Tale Of Romance And Emotions) / Gods: Creation and Rebellion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.