Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,699 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Sheikh Gumi Says God Will Not Punish Corrupt Politicians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi Says God Will Not Punish Corrupt Politicians (423 Views)

So At The End Of The Day, Nigerian Courts Did Not Punish INEC?????? / Oshiomhole Updates President Buhari, Says God Will See Him Through (Pictures) / Reno Mocks Osinbajo For Saying 'corrupt Politicians Are The Problems Of Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sheikh Gumi Says God Will Not Punish Corrupt Politicians by FriendNG: 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
A Kaduna-based Islamic Scholar, Ahmed Gumi, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to stop embarrassing politicians from the North who promote Islam in their various positions of authority, saying that the on-going probe by his administration has no basis in Islam.

The cleric who stated this while reacting to a former Governor of Kaduna State, Ramalan Yero’s public disgrace by the EFCC, said that even God will not hold these politicians responsible for these corruption allegations.

“We need to protect the reputation of these men, they fought for our religion, and if care is not taken we will all see them (northern politicians) carrying that placard (EFCC mug shot) with corruption charges.

“Besides, the money which they are probed for, even God will not hold them responsible for it,” he said.

The cleric also cited the case of a former Zamfara State Governor, Ahmed Yarima, who is also accused of diverting N1billion, saying that his contribution to Islam in the North is supposed to be a sure bait for him to go free.

“For instance, few years back, some of our Northern states have been in a mess, from prostitution to alcoholism.

“Remember a former Zamfara State Governor, Ahmed Yarima, who went through a lot of pains to initiate Shari’a (Islamic Law) in the state.

“Thank God for him, because not just Zamfara state, but other Northern states like Kano and Sokoto have literally followed suit.

“This alone is a great achievement for our religion, and for the sake of what they went through to make this happen, at a point, if one of them is corrupt we shouldn’t let it go viral.

“The same thing applies to a former Governor of Kano state, Ibrahim Shekarau who initiated Hisbah to maintain the Sharia. We all know what former president Olusegun Obasanjo did to demolish the movement.

DAILY NIGERIAN reports that Mr Gumi had lampooned Mr Buhari for allegedly allowing himself to be surrounded by ignorant advisers and those who do not have people at heart.

Mr Gumi said: “I swear to almighty Allah if it were President Buhari who was disgraced publicly, I will still do the same. I did that because it is not the teachings of our religion to fight one another.

“The first person I pity is the President himself, for he is a victim. Secondly, I pity the masses because I know how weak they are. Left to me I can still work with my certificate as a medical doctor.

“I will survive and never perish, but what I’m telling you now is what the masses are feeling in their bodies, and what he the President is feeling in his body too, but only after his tenure as president that these feelings will manifest,” Mr Gumi regretted.

However, commenting on those saying unpleasant things against him, based on his opposition to the president, Mr Gumi said he won’t retaliate because, according to him, he needed their rewards on Judgment Day.

READ ALSO: Sheikh Gumi speaks on Saraki, police row, says no persecution under Jonathan

The cleric said further that if All Progressive Congress, APC, can bring back former Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, governor and embarrass him publicly, the opposition party will also find a way to avenge.

According to him, the PDP has thugs and stubborn people to seek revenge.

“If we don’t interfere now, it will get to a point where we can’t control it, and can lead to election distress, and a conflict between APC and PDP. I believe that no one will stand seeing his leader embarrassed in public,” he said.

“Anybody who wastes his or her time trying to fit in this world or prioritises this, forgetting the hereafter, is doing it in vain.

“People are more concerned on fixing their worldly problems rather than thinking about how to meet their Creator,” Mr Gumi added.

https://dailynigerian.com/sheikh-gumi-says-god-will-not-punish-corrupt-politicians/
Re: Sheikh Gumi Says God Will Not Punish Corrupt Politicians by Paperwhite(m): 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
God will surely punish them sheikh because he entrusted power to them so that they can be accountable.
Re: Sheikh Gumi Says God Will Not Punish Corrupt Politicians by kabrudrapist: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
This thread deserves some exposure. Front page.

(1) (Reply)

Nobody Can Buy Yoruba Race - Sule Lamido / PDP Denies Endorsing A Presidential Aspirant / Kano Free Trade Zone: An Unexplored Goldmine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.