Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,189 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari (29686 Views)

Financial System Rotten Under Emefiele - President Tinubu / Will Tinubu Remove Emefiele / Naira Redesign: Tinubu Behind Plot To Remove Emefiele, Says Atiku Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by 2mercy: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari says he refused to replace Godwin Emefiele, governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), when he took over power because he wanted to give him the opportunity to salvage the economy from its “terrible condition”.

Buhari said this on Friday night when he hosted some of his supporters at the presidential villa in Abuja.

The president also insisted that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) left the country in ruins, challenging anyone to present any evidence that could contradict his claim.

“I said it is on record and I challenge anybody to check from Europe, United States and Asia that between 1999 and 2014, the 16 years of previous administration there was an average of 2.1 million per day of crude oil at the average cost of 100 dollars per barrel,’’ he said.

On the letter former President Olusegun Obasanjo wrote in January, Buhari said Femi Adesina, his spokesman, was angry over it and wanted to reply Obasanjo “but I stopped him for two reasons; first, he is much younger than me and Gen. Obasanjo. Secondly, I am from the same constituency with Gen. Obasanjo.”

He, however, said Lai Mohammed, minister of information, disobeyed’’ his instruction on not replying the former president but that Mohammed did a good job in the end.

Buhari said the reply by the minister showed Nigerians the realities on ground when the current administration came on board in 2015 and its ongoing efforts to revive the “inherited damaged economy”.

“I really appreciate how you choose this time during Ramadan to come from across the country to see and congratulate me for what we were able to do,” he said.

“We were constrained to explain our position when the former head of state wrote a letter; Adesina was agitated and wanted to immediately reply but I didn’t allow him.

“When Lai Mohammed came, I said he shouldn’t and he insisted. He disobeyed me. He said I must allow him to talk; then, of course, being a professionally information person, I listened to him and asked him what are going to say.

“He said he was going to remind Nigerians where we found ourselves when we came in as a government, where we are now, what we have done in between with the resources available to us… he did a good job because a number of people rang me and said Lai Mohammed has done a good job because I went public in several times.”

The president assured Nigerians that his administration would continue to spend more funds to upgrade the nation’s infrastructural facilities.

He said the government had also expended more than N1.3 trillion on capital projects across the country.

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-refused-remove-emefiele

12 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by ChiefAzubuike(f): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
Baba salvage it nah. Always complaining.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by obaataaokpaewu: 5:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
You couldn't remove him because you don't have the absolute power to do so. The Senate is there to check you on that. Jonathan was able to remove Sanusi was because Sanusi had few months, so Jonathan suspended him based on FRN recommendation , by the time the suspension could have elapsed, his tenure was over. Buhari couldn't play the suspension card because Emefiele had about 4 years to go by the time buhari took over.

124 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by bro4u: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
You couldn't remove him because you don't have the absolute power to do so. The Senate is there to check you on that. Jonathan was able to remove Sanusi was because Sanusi had few months, so Jonathan suspended him based on FRN recommendation , by the time the suspension could have elapsed, his tenure was over. Buhari couldn't play the suspension card because Emefiele had about 4 years to go by the time buhari took over.
Oga good evening sir, abeg what's the meaning of this your moniker?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by osazeeblue01: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Buhari
Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by aribisala0(m): 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Sanusi went to court and backed out which is aa shame because the matter would hae been settled .

From all the evidence. If Emefiele had been removed he doesnot have the balls to fight it either because of temperament or perhaps he is not clean.

We know that there has been a parallel Forex market which is an avenue for many CBN officials to enrich themselves since Buhari came to power.

Emefiele seems to have decided to keep quiet and secure his perssonal financial future.

The issue of removal of CBN governor by president is unsettled unfortunately

19 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by clefstone(m): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
Does he have the powers to remove a CBN gov'nor? old liar

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by AZeD1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2018

“I said it is on record and I challenge anybody to check from Europe, United States and Asia that between 1999 and 2014, the 16 years of previous administration there was an average of 2.1 million per day of crude oil at the average cost of 100 dollars per barrel,’’ he said.

Someone should explain to Buhari what 'average' means and how it is calculated.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by obaataaokpaewu: 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
bro4u:

Oga good evening sir, abeg what's the meaning of this your moniker?
lol
Oba has eaten the leg of a goat
It's Igbo

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by Roger3D(m): 6:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Buhari could have cooked up similar allegations against him and suspend him till eternity but he had nothing against the man who actually is a performer. You underestimate the power of the presidency

28 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by uloewa: 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2018
YOU COULD NOT REMOVE HIM BECAUSE HE WAS SUPPLYING THE CABAL WITH DOLLARS AT SPECIAL RATE WHICH THEYWERE SELLING TO NIGERIANS AT EXORBITANT RATES. REASON WHY WE ENTERED THE WORST RECESSION EVER. IF NOT FOR YOUR INTEREST AND THAT OF THE CABAL, YOU WILL HAVE ARREST HIM FOR OPENING THE VAULT FOR SAMBO DASUKI.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by PearlStreet(m): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2018
Who is this one deceiving?

Buhari has never sacked a single person in his cabinet who isn't performing. He keeps making excuses for all sorts of incompetence and folly.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by Houseofglam7(f): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2018
undecided
These rants and excuses are becoming horribly nauseating undecided

6 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by coolo1: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2018
Lol this man called the fifth fastest growing economy in the world a horrible economy grin well i dont blame u since u never went to university how will u know the difference between a stable and horrible economy. By the way now that u are fixing it, it is now 15th in Africa if you call 5th in the world probably no.1 in Africa as of dat time horrible then what will u say if u inherited 15th in Africa.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by Ugosample(m): 11:57am On Jun 10, 2018
You have no powers to remove him.

Simple and short.

Removing him rests with the national assembly.

9 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by mmb(m): 11:58am On Jun 10, 2018
Baba always proving his enemies wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by ednut1(m): 11:59am On Jun 10, 2018
Buhari and excuses sha

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by ignis: 11:59am On Jun 10, 2018
Buhari is synonymous to failure...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by dedugbaa(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
Co

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by tete7000(m): 12:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
How can the average oil price between the mentioned period be $100? I don't think this man understand what they call average. When we say he didn't go to school they will want to cut our heads.

19 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
basically - oga - this mess you made - YOU are going to clean it up. and if you don't God help you, because you're going to need it
Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by MrImole: 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
...because you're still looking for a Fulani replacement that will do your bidding.
Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by laurel03(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
clefstone:
Does he have the powers to remove a CBN gov'nor? old liar
na naija we dey
Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
Buhari does not even know what he is doing in government.The man is simply in government but not in power or in charge.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by package7(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
PMB is not true democrat.his attitude is once my people from north are OK... Ba wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by hayjayman(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
You didn't removr him because our #65 charge after 3 ATM withdrawalwithdrawal on other banks will be sustained.
Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by gurunlocker: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
"there was an average of 2.1 million per day of crude oil at the average cost of 100 dollars per barrel,’’

I hate this statement, this is the second time this man is saying this. Does he even read or do research at all? $100/b for 16 years?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by vertueptime: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
uloewa:
YOU COULD NOT REMOVE HIM BECAUSE HE WAS SUPPLYING THE CABAL WITH DOLLARS AT SPECIAL RATE WHICH THEYWERE SELLING TO NIGERIANS AT EXORBITANT RATES. REASON WHY WE ENTERED THE WORST RECESSION EVER. IF NOT FOR YOUR INTEREST AND THAT OF THE CABAL, YOU WILL HAVE ARREST HIM FOR OPENING THE VAULT FOR SAMBO DASUKI.

my brother u have said it all, that was the truth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by Moukandjo: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
coolo1:
Lol this man called the fifth fastest growing economy in the world a horrible economy grin well i dont blame u since u never went to university by the way now that u are fixing it, it is now 15th in Africa

Your lord & personal saviour, the ineffectual buffoon, met a GDP growth of 7.68% when he assumed office in 2010 & bastardized it to 2.36% when he left office in May 2015 despite the oil boom in his tenure! Is that an improvement?

8 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Remove Emefiele - President Buhari by kitaatita: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:

You no know how government dey work. Ask Jonathan how him take remove President of the Court of Appeal and CBN Saanusi, plus EFCC Chair

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Randy Chima Found Dead At His Home In Awka, Anambra / Why Can't Lagosians Do 'O To Gee' For Tinubu In Lagos? / See How Presidential Election Was Rigged In Crossriver State By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.