Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu (2709 Views)

Tinubu’s Cabinet: SWAGA Expresses Displeasure Over Exclusion Of Its Members / APC Primary: Tinubu's Chances At Risk Over Exclusion Of Statutory Delegates / Buhari's Service Chiefs: Nwodo Disappointed Over Exclusion Of Igbo (2) (3) (4)

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by lastempero: 8:01am On Jun 10, 2018
deomelo:

How exactly did he make it possible for us to hold democracy? How?

Because he conduction a contentious election? Was he a candidate? I don't even remember the man dying, making the ultimate sacrifice or losing his life

So, we should start giving honors to INEC folks just because they conduct elections?

We saw what happened with JEGA in 2015 and how they tried to disrupt the elections and the results, so, we should give national honors to JEGA?

We are talking about transition from military era to civilian govt and in this case the military is supporting a candidate but the gentle man stood his ground and gave nigeria an election acclaimed by everybody as free and fair and now u are only recognising the players without including the umpire that made it happened.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by e7ejinima: 8:02am On Jun 10, 2018
Throwback:

You are a clown.

Are you implying that the umpire supported Yorubas by doing his job of conducting a free and fair election where the Igbos preferred the Northern Tofa to their fellow Southerner Abiola?

You should be ashamed that the results of the June 12 election and your previous antecedents in the past democratic governments, showed that you are ever willing to be the Southerners to ally with the North. Yet you daily wail about betrayal and treachery.

Claiming a fictitious and nonexistent Southern unity concept was betrayed by others.

You lack understanding. You also lack education.

If you understand the environment upon which that election was conducted, you would not have spewed the thrash above.

I know you lack the grey matter to grasp but let me voice it out for the sake of others on this forum (yours is a lost case, anyways)

The military establishment under Gen Babangida never wanted to relinquish power to the civilians (bloody civilians). Babangida contrived everything within his wits and took the nation through a rigmarole of confused activities termed transition programme (to democracy) including a national confab, and even made himself a President (military) and even had elected civilian governors in States under him as military president (wtf). At the tail end, under intense pressure from pro-democracy activists and the international community, he announced a 2-party system (both Fed govt sponsored parties), SDP and NRC, and foisted it on all political contestants, whether they liked it or not, but not before a completely bizarre disqualification and disablement of all contestants and their parties (the GDMs, etc.) that got so many good materials 'disqualified' by military fiat.
In fact there was even a zero-part era used for LGA elections!

Just imagine above circumstances and confused scenario!

Then his Achilles heels -he appointed a genius, Humphrey Nwosu to implement a grassroots-based direct primaries selection system popularly known as option A4. It was the most complicated of the options presented to the Supreme Military Council. And very many options were presented, pls understand that A4 if option A of A,B,C,D and sub-option 4 of 1,2,3,4, etc.

And they fell for it, believing that it would lead to cantankerous contests which they would happily cancel with good reason. But the unexpected happens. It produced the most transparent and credible election in Nigeria, still standing up until today. It was Humphre Nwosu's genius. Pls let's give it to him.

Even at the risk of his being killed he continued to announce the result even when he was told to stop. That's bravery my brother and today we have June 12.

All we have said is that if Buhari meant well, he shouldn't have waited until a pending election to correct an injustice of many years past (1992). Why not part of APC manifesto! Why didnt Tinubu insist! And why did it not happen until they saw themselves on a shakky standing against pending election? Thaose are the pertinent questions for anyone gifted with an enquiry mind. Rather all we saw was a complete frolicking on the crumbs dropped by the Fulani general on his foot servants. It's a Greek gift. It should be accepted by named and called for what is -political gerrymandering meant for political expedience!

I personally trekked from Ikea GRA to Costain Bus Stop due to the protests that grounded the nation following the cancellation. And it started as a normal day on which I got a bust to work in the morning but by afternoon/evening there was no single transport to take us home. You trek and beg to sit on bonets and booths and private vehicles with leaves in show of solidarity. Nigerians pls let's ready our history. They don't want you to know anything but the knowledge is abundantly available everywhere
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by Omololu007(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2018
e7ejinima:

You lack understanding. You also lack education.

If you understand the environment upon which that election was conducted, you would not have spewed the thrash above.

I know you lack the grey matter to grasp but let me voice it out for the sake of others on this forum (yours is a lost case, anyways)

The military establishment under Gen Babangida never wanted to relinquish power to the civilians (bloody civilians). Babangida contrived everything within his wits and took the nation through a rigmarole of confused activities termed transition programme (to democracy) including a national confab, and even made himself a President (military) and even had elected civilian governors in States under him as military president (wtf). At the tail end, under intense pressure from pro-democracy activists and the international community, he announced a 2-party system (both Fed govt sponsored parties), SDP and NRC, and foisted it on all political contestants, whether they liked it or not, but not before a completely bizarre disqualification and disablement of all contestants and their parties (the GDMs, etc.) that got so many good materials 'disqualified' by military fiat.
In fact there was even a zero-part era used for LGA elections!

Just imagine above circumstances and confused scenario!

Then his Achilles heels -he appointed a genius, Humphrey Nwosu to implement a grassroots-based direct primaries selection system popularly known as option A4. It was the most complicated of the options presented to the Supreme Military Council. And very many options were presented, pls understand that A4 if option A of A,B,C,D and sub-option 4 of 1,2,3,4, etc.

And they fell for it, believing that it would lead to cantankerous contests which they would happily cancel with good reason. But the unexpected happens. It produced the most transparent and credible election in Nigeria, still standing up until today. It was Humphre Nwosu's genius. Pls let's give it to him.

Even at the risk of his being killed he continued to announce the result even when he was told to stop. That's bravery my brother and today we have June 12.

All we have said is that if Buhari meant well, he shouldn't have waited until a pending election to correct an injustice of many years past (1992). Why not part of APC manifesto! Why didnt Tinubu insist! And why did it not happen until they saw themselves on a shakky standing against pending election? Thaose are the pertinent questions for anyone gifted with an enquiry mind. Rather all we saw was a complete frolicking on the crumbs dropped by the Fulani general on his foot servants. It's a Greek gift. It should be accepted by named and called for what is -political gerrymandering meant for political expedience!

I personally trekked from Ikea GRA to Costain Bus Stop due to the protests that grounded the nation following the cancellation. And it started as a normal day on which I got a bust to work in the morning but by afternoon/evening there was no single transport to take us home. You trek and beg to sit on bonets and booths and private vehicles with leaves in show of solidarity. Nigerians pls let's ready our history. They don't want you to know anything but the knowledge is abundantly available everywhere

though nwosu deserve an award,but I thought your people said it was a "Greek gift" to the Yoruba's, why do your people want such an award to b giving to nwosu?

Whether it is a gift Greek or not,I'm totally happy that abiola is finally honored, though I was not his fan,but without him,the military won't have handed over in 1999

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by resurgent2019: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2018
Buhari should not deign to the request of baseless haters. I thought igbos called Yorubas “sophisticated morons” due to this same post humous award? The hate in the igbo man will continue being his bane in this country.

They have just given Buhari as easy path to 2nd term. Some of us who h.ate Buhari now have no choice but to support him to stick it to this hateful igbos.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by 7lives: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
Always trying to match up with d Afonjas in everything this is accumulated inferiority complex shior.

Catch up with who, probably in another world.
Anyway, they should quit or die trying.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by 7lives: 9:58am On Jun 10, 2018
omenka:
I thought they said the honour means nothing. sad

Should Nw-Osu (who happens to be an outcast by name) be given the hornooor today, what would the poster child for Tamper Proof stupidity and bigotry at old age, Mr OchereomaEwu Nnanna say of his ethnic group? Would they SOPHISTICATED FOOLS?

He would have wrote an epistle to EULOGISED the professor.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by willibounce1(m): 10:38am On Jun 10, 2018
e7ejinima:
The simple way to put it is that the lack of recognition of Prof. Nwosu has completely exposed the hypocrisy of the gesture as a merely political one. There's no depth, no frankness, no originality and no love in the declaration. Just the cunningness that has maintained the Fulani hegemony. And it's sad that many fail to see through the facade.

Nwosu was the genius behind the achievement of June 12. He maradonaed the khaki boys through the use of option A4 which they initially thot would be too contentious to yield result.

And don't miss it. He is an Igbo man! So when ethnic bigots start masturbating on this forum that Igbos never support Yourubas, I saw take and chew on it.

Lol...Yorubas are no longer morons for june 12 abi? All of a sudden you want nwosu too to get recognised. Nwosu has suddenly become the hero of june 12? It becomes clearer by the day that ipods are extremely cursed beyond redemption. You ipod miscreants don't even know what you want. Hate has destroyed you brain so much that all of you have become so.confused. one minute you want biafrau.d, next you own everything in nigeria yet claim being marginalised., next you want to be president or be honoured. Then you want to measure up at all cost with the same afonjas you hate so much.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by willibounce1(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2018
resurgent2019:
Buhari should not deign to the request of baseless haters. I thought igbos called Yorubas “sophisticated morons” due to this same post humous award? The hate in the igbo man will continue being his bane in this country.

They have just given Buhari as easy path to 2nd term. Some of us who h.ate Buhari now have no choice but to support him to stick it to this hateful igbos.

The hate is way too much. Just like they were born with it. Always allowing hatred to override common sense. They hate everybody even themselves.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by resurgent2019: 10:45am On Jun 10, 2018
willibounce1:

The hate is way too much. Just like they were born with it. Always allowing hatred to override common sense. They hate everybody even themselves.

Because of this same hate, Buhari is sure to get a 2nd term. Igbos have just played into the northern chess game of pitting them against Yorubas. We have no choice but to stick it to them by giving Buhari the votes he needs.
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by willibounce1(m): 11:01am On Jun 10, 2018
resurgent2019:

Because of this same hate, Buhari is sure to get a 2nd term. Igbos have just played into the northern chess game of pitting them against Yorubas. We have no choice but to stick it to them by giving Buhari the votes he needs.

The hatred from ipods has nothing to do with voting or politics. The hatred is natural. They were born with it. Even if an igbo man becomes president today with 100% yoruba votes, ipods will continue to hate other tribes especially yorubas. They can't help it. More like hating what you can conquer.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ImperialYoruba: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2018
Why not kuku say if it wasnt Nwosu Nigeria would not have democracy today.

Nwosu declared parts of the results but yielded under pressure and refused to release rest of the results.

Are they aware that MKO choosed prison under pressure to abandon his mandate?

Are they aware Fawehinmi, on several occassions, choosed prison under pressure to keep his mouth shut?

We should be surprised that Fela Anikulapo Kuti has not been honored for being a single voice opposition to despotic regimes and choosed prison under pressure to praise tyrant leaders.

Which leader will honor his gallant soldiers for standing up to their opposition under pressure and then also give honor to those who under pressure surrendered to the opposition?

Make these carry their bad belle go sit some for corner abeg.

Leaders of SE, including ohanaeze, have seen the disgusting series of insults nnanna wrote to abuse others. They do not see fit to speak up now. He is not Ibo now....but moment the consequence is thrown at him they will see him as Ibo and claim Ibos are hated.

Bunch of loonies angry

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by resurgent2019: 11:03am On Jun 10, 2018
willibounce1:

The hatred from ipods has nothing to do with voting or politics. The hatred is natural. They were born with it. Even if an igbo man becomes president today with 100% yoruba votes, ipods will continue to hate other tribes especially yorubas. They can't help it. More like hating what you can conquer.

Hmmmmmmm
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ofai: 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
Throwback:

You are a clown.

Are you implying that the umpire supported Yorubas by doing his job of conducting a free and fair election where the Igbos preferred the Northern Tofa to their fellow Southerner Abiola?

You should be ashamed that the results of the June 12 election and your previous antecedents in the past democratic governments, showed that you are ever willing to be the Southerners to ally with the North. Yet you daily wail about betrayal and treachery.

Claiming a fictitious and nonexistent Southern unity concept was betrayed by others.

As always, Throwback and his stupidity. If not for the fact that I just returned from a ban, I would have analysed your stupidity. That said,

1. If majority of Igbo in 3 igbo states didn't vote MKO, but a sizable number voted for him including one igbo state voting overwhelmingly for him, does it make ALL Igbo anti-MKO?

2. For an Igbo to be the electoral umpire who declared the true winner despite the army fist thrown at him shows that there was no calculated attempt by Igbos as a tribe. to downplay MKO. My father in 1993 voted in Lagos and he voted MKO.

in essense, you just spewed junk.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by Great2017: 5:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
Onijagidijagan:
Always trying to match up with d Afonjas in everything this is accumulated inferiority complex shior.
What is worth-doing is worth doing well.
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by Throwback: 5:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
ofai:

As always, Throwback and his stupidity. If not for the fact that I just returned from a ban, I would have analysed your stupidity. That said,

1. If majority of Igbo in 3 igbo states didn't vote MKO, but a sizable number voted for him including one igbo state voting overwhelmingly for him, does it make ALL Igbo anti-MKO?

2. For an Igbo to be the electoral umpire who declared the true winner despite the army fist thrown at him shows that there was no calculated attempt by Igbos as a tribe. to downplay MKO. My father in 1993 voted in Lagos and he voted MKO.

in essense, you just spewed junk.

I love your analysis, but it only revealed the hypocrisy when Igbos analyse Yoruba votes of 2015.

The Igbo verdict is that Yorubas who voted both Buhari and Jonathan, whereby Jonathan won 1 Yoruba state while losing minimally and respectfully in the others, are betraying the Southern unity concept.

A concept that did not exist when similar situation occurred in 1993, with a Yoruba being the Southerner contesting for a first term and not even a case of seeking reelection after a failed 1st term.

Because for Jonathan's first term he won all Yoruba states convincingly, except narrowly losing Osun to Ribadu of ACN.

So does it then mean all these Igbos on Nairaland have been spewing junk despite knowing that Jonathan won a SW state and still got reasonable support in the rest of the SW region?

Have you ever attempted to correct your kindred spewing such junk on Nairaland?

Despite the votes Jonathan got in the SW in 2011, did Igbos on this forum not rejoice when the Yoruba elders complained that the Jonathan regime had no significant roles for Yorubas apart from the statutory ministerial appointments, while Igbos and the rest of the South occupied majority of the federal departments and agencies?

Did Igbo's here not say we should go and meet Tinubu if we want anything, and that it was good the way Jonathan was treating Yorubas, saying if we don't like it, we should try and vote him out if we so highly regard ourselves and relevance.

Was that same Jonathan not sent back to his Otuoke village when the unreliable Igbo backbone collapsed and caved in when carrying the load alone because it wanted the spoils alone?

So who then is a traitor such that the need to have an Igbo vice to a Northerner as it has always been with our democratic governments, resulted in the SouthEast voting 3/4 for a Northern president?

The facts of history cannot be wished away.

Those who claim that a Yoruba never voted for an Igbo cannot paint a scenario in history where only 2 major contenders were on the ballot and the Yorubas chose a Northerner for President ahead of the contending Igbo presidential candidate. No historical reference at all like that of June 12 1993, or the 2011 and then the 2015 elections where Jonathan was sacked by the same SouthWest and MiddleBelt that had already given him their votes in 2011 only to realise he was a failure that needed to be cast away.

All you can show in history is the 2nd replubic era where each of the tripod regions had their party and their tribal candidates being Shagari, Awolowo and Azikiwe, and all voted tribally with some few exceptions.

So as I have insisted with Igbos who are parroting a non existent and imaginary Southern unity, claiming the Yorubas betrayed it just because of vice-presidency position that we all know is only useful for presidential succession, where was this Southern unity in favour of Abiola in 1993 when Tofa had an Igbo running mate?

Did the Yorubas not show this unity in 2011 even when the other 2 contenders who were Northerners (Buhari and Ribadu), had Yoruba running mates who would be vice-president?

Anytime I see any Igbo wailing about betrayal, I just laugh knowing greed is the only motivation.

A greed to always be the ones partnering with the North to reenact the spoils of federal positions and jobs as it was in the 1960 government.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by Guestlander: 5:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
Throwback:

I love your analysis, but it only revealed the hypocrisy when Igbos analyse Yoruba votes of 2015.

The Igbo verdict is that Yorubas who voted both Buhari and Jonathan, whereby Jonathan won 1 Yoruba state while losing minimally and respectfully in the others, are betraying the Southern unity concept.

A concept that did not exist when similar situation occurred in 1993, with a Yoruba being the Southerner contesting for a first term and not even a case of seeking reelection after a failed 1st term.

Because for Jonathan's first term he won all Yoruba states convincingly, except narrowly losing Osun to Ribadu of ACN.

So does it then mean all these Igbos on Nairaland have been spewing junk despite knowing that Jonathan won a SW state and still got reasonable support in the rest of the SW region?

Have you ever attempted to correct your kindred spewing such junk on Nairaland?

Despite the votes Jonathan got in the SW in 2011, did Igbos on this forum not rejoice when the Yoruba elders complained that the Jonathan regime had no significant roles for Yorubas apart from the statutory ministerial appointments, while Igbos and the rest of the South occupied majority of the federal departments and agencies?

Did Igbo's here not say we should go and meet Tinubu if we want anything, and that it was good the way Jonathan was treating Yorubas, saying if we don't like it, we should try and vote him out if we think so regard ourselves.

Was that same Jonathan not sent back to his Otuoke village when the unreliable Igbo backbone collapsed and caved in when carrying the load alone because it wanted the spoils alone?

So who then is a traitor such that the need to have an Igbo vice to a Northerner as it has always been with our democratic governments, resulted in the SouthEast voting 3/4 for a Northern president?

Those who claim that a Yoruba never voted for an Igbo cannot paint a scenario in history where only 2 major contenders were on the ballot and the Yorubas chose a Northerner for President ahead of the contending Igbo presidential candidate. No historical reference at all like that of June 12 1993, or the 2011 and then the 2015 elections where Jonathan was sacked by the same SouthWest and MiddleBelt that had already given him their votes in 2011 only to realise he was a failure that needed to be cast away.

All you can show in history is the 2nd replubic era where each of the tripod regions had their party and their tribal candidates being Shagari, Awolowo and Azikiwe, and all voted tribally with some few exceptions.

So as I have insisted with Igbos who are parroting a non existent and imaginary Southern unity, claiming the Yorubas betrayed it just because of vice-presidency position that we all know is only useful for presidential succession, where was this Southern unity in favour of Abiola in 1993 when Tofa had an Igbo running mate?

Did the Yorubas not show this unity in 2011 even when the other 2 contenders who were Northerners (Buhari and Ribadu), had Yoruba running mates who would be vice-president?

Anytime I see any Igbo wailing about betrayal, I just laugh knowing greed is the only motivation.

A greed to always be the ones partnering with the North to reenact the spoils of federal positions and jobs as it was in the 1960 government.

Very well said.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ofai: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
Throwback:

So who then is a traitor such that the need to have an Igbo vice to a Northern as it has always been with our democratic governments, resulted in the SouthEast voting 3/4 for a Northern president?

The issue was not about the dichotomous votes, the issue was about Yoruba acting as though Jonathan was the evil that must be destroyed. Why did most of the yoruba who voted jonathan suddenly act as though they never voted. Where was their boldness? Igbo never attacked MKO despite majority not voting for him.

The problem with most of your people is speaking from two sides of their mouth.
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by Throwback: 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
ofai:

The issue was not about the dichotomous votes, the issue was about Yoruba acting as though Jonathan was the evil that must be destroyed. Why did most of the yoruba who voted jonathan suddenly act as though they never voted. Where was their boldness? Igbo never attacked MKO despite majority not voting for him.

Was it the information age in 1993 to know the true emotions of Igbo voters who have the benefit of anonymity while typing in front of a keyboard?

How can you compare politics of this era to 1993 when only a few even had wired fones and information was only through private newspaper and public TV stations where opinions and outbursts are moderated for public consumption.

The historical fact is the majority of the SouthEast preferred vice-presidency to Southern presidency by a Yoruba.

You chose to stick with Jonathan even when he was truly a failure and a corruption enabler.

Even if you were unaware due to Southern solidarity allowing you to mask accusations as political, shouldn't you have now realised with the corruption discoveries after his sack from office, to give you a new perspective from retrospection?

How can I in good conscience have supported a man who had many opportunities to show that he despised corruption and would not tolerate it, even if he was the king if corruption himself like Obasanjo.

Opportunities like Subsidy scandal, Oduah BMW, Abba Moro Immigration scam and deaths with N1000 application fee that was never returned despite verbal directive from Jonathan. And political suicide like DSP Alams pardon and undignified gifting of Senate ticket, undignified gifting of Stella Oduah Senate of criminals and vagabonds ticket instead of criminal prosecution after removal from cabinet in a minor reshuffle over 1year since the BMW scandal, Bode George pardon which with DSP Alams, showed it was a PDP affair of abuse of presidential pardon, FCT minister's son display of piles of dollars.

Then finally going on the campaign trail and declaring that it was not fair enough that Buhari military regime jailed Nwobodo for stealing money not enough to buy a Peugeot.

Can you imagine the audacity of corruption? What arrogance!

Coming from the same irresponsible fellow who had earlier said the majority of cases that EFCC is prosecuting that seem to depict that corruption is an epidemic, is actually ordinary stealing and not corruption. Stealing by those in position of authority in agencies and departments, not stealing of cellphone at Ojuelegba ooo, or stealing of wallet at Slaughter market PH. Yet he said that kind of stealing by authority is not corruption.

While Buhari has proven that he is tribally handicapped and has no moral rights to lead a multiethnic nation, Jonathan showed that he has no business aspiring to power beyond the local government level even if the country was Ijaw alone.

Till today, Jonathan still wonders why the USA and UK think his government was corrupt. Even with Dasuki ATM where some beneficiaries have returned their share, he is still at a loss as to why his administration was heavily linked to corruption.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by Ovamboland(m): 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
ofai:

Go and read what Arthur Nzeribe did, read the comments of Ojukwu, Iwuanyawu and most Ibo governors of that time. They all had hatred for June 12.
We have not forgotten the roles played by Walter Ofonagoro and Uche Chukwumerije in ensuring June 12 remain dead and buried. Very soon you will ask for awards and honours for these people too.

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ofai: 7:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ovamboland:

Go and read what Arthur Nzeribe did, read the comments of Ojukwu, Iwuanyawu and most Ibo governors of that time. They all had hatred for June 12.
We have not forgotten the roles played by Walter Ofonagoro and Uche Chukwumerije in ensuring June 12 remain dead and buried. Very soon you will ask for awards and honours for these people too.

I know you have hidden biase about prof nwosu's place and honor in June 12. He remains a key player in June 12 whether you want to admit it or not.

I forgive your ignorance about who Igbo are. Igbo has no chief speaker. Those that spoke did so on their own volition.
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by maestroferddi: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
omenka:
I thought they said the honour means nothing. sad

Should Nw-Osu (who happens to be an outcast by name) be given the hornooor today, what would the poster child for Tamper Proof stupidity and bigotry at old age, Mr OchereomaEwu Nnanna say of his ethnic group? Would they SOPHISTICATED FOOLS?
You should be ashamed of yourself

You are not Yoruba...stop embarrassing yourself trying to fight another man"s battle.

Palpable inferiority complex so nauseating ..
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ofai: 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
Why not kuku say if it wasnt Nwosu Nigeria would not have democracy today.

Nwosu declared parts of the results but yielded under pressure and refused to release rest of the results.

Are they aware that MKO choosed prison under pressure to abandon his mandate?

Are they aware Fawehinmi, on several occassions, choosed prison under pressure to keep his mouth shut?

We should be surprised that Fela Anikulapo Kuti has not been honored for being a single voice opposition to despotic regimes and choosed prison under pressure to praise tyrant leaders.

Which leader will honor his gallant soldiers for standing up to their opposition under pressure and then also give honor to those who under pressure surrendered to the opposition?

Make these carry their bad belle go sit some for corner abeg.

Leaders of SE, including ohanaeze, have seen the disgusting series of insults nnanna wrote to abuse others. They do not see fit to speak up now. He is not Ibo now....but moment the consequence is thrown at him they will see him as Ibo and claim Ibos are hated.

Bunch of loonies angry

Honestly, I wish there was something about June 12 to envy.

That being said, you can't mention June 12 without mention Humphrey Nwosu, a man attacked for being free and fair in coordinating the electoral process.

It pains you that nwosu, an Igbo gave abiola's acclaimed victory legitimacy.

Envy you? Tufiakwa
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ImperialYoruba: 11:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
ofai:

Honestly, I wish there was something about June 12 to envy.

That being said, you can't mention June 12 without mention Humphrey Nwosu, a man attacked for being free and fair in coordinating the electoral process.

It pains you that nwosu, an Igbo gave abiola's acclaimed victory legitimacy.

Envy you? Tufiakwa

Your people have fallen into a state of helplessness. You now expect everything to be shared using the federal character formula, even things that are in the individual capacity and merits of excellence.

You complain of hatred if others get Headies award and you don't. You complain of hatred if others are awarded national honours and you are not included. You complain of hatred if others are doing well in music industry and you are not.

You are a sorry bottom ranked class in the socio-political heirarchy. You are not making any effort to rise but continue instead to sink further and in your sorry state of weakness Ijaws have overtaken you and assumed the mainstream voice in the East of the Niger.

Shame!
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ofai: 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Your people have fallen into a state of helplessness. You now expect everything to be shared using the federal character formula, even things that are in the individual capacity and merits of excellence.

You complain of hatred if others get Headies award and you don't. You complain of hatred if others are awarded national honours and you are not included. You complain of hatred if others are doing well in music industry and you are not.

You are a sorry bottom ranked class in the socio-political heirarchy. You are not making any effort to rise but continue instead to sink further and in your sorry state of weakness Ijaws have overtaken you and assumed the mainstream voice in the East of the Niger.

Shame!

One will know a child when he engages into adult discussions. Pls I advice you to face your studies, you are too young to grasp the import of my post.
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ImperialYoruba: 12:15am On Jun 11, 2018
ofai:

One will know a child when he engages into adult discussions. Pls I advice you to face your studies, you are too young to grasp the import of my post.

You lack understanding of the purpose of NEC and the role of its chairman in the electoral process.

Simply put, NEC is like FIFA in world cup. Its job is to facilitate competition and enforce rules towards the outcome of a championship. President of FIFA acts as spokesperson for conduct of the game and he announces winner and presents trophy.

Here is the analogy.
In the championship of 1992 the schedules were tampered with and the event led to a projected winner for the championship. World powers said they do not want the championship game to hold. FIFA president agreed and did not hold the game thereby denying legitimacy on the championship. The strong team predicted to carry the trophy went on protest against the World powers and they ended up in jail.

Many years later the World Powers went back and revisited the events and decided to honour that jailed team with some recognition. They were not given the trophy...but presented with medals instead.

You demented yanminrins are saying it is wrong not to decorate the neck of that FIFA president as well. For what exactly.....what heroism has he displayed to earn the medal, did he oppose the world powers' decisions? FIFA is independent like NEC. Did the president maintained his independence or just crumbled and toed the line?

Nwosu toed the line and failed to speak up as the Chairman of an Indepenedent NEC.
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ofai: 7:07am On Jun 11, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

You lack understanding of the purpose of NEC and the role of its chairman in the electoral process.

Simply put, NEC is like FIFA in world cup. Its job is to facilitate competition and enforce rules towards the outcome of a championship. President of FIFA acts as spokesperson for conduct of the game and he announces winner and presents trophy.

Here is the analogy.
In the championship of 1992 the schedules were tampered with and the event led to a projected winner for the championship. World powers said they do not want the championship game to hold. FIFA president agreed and did not hold the game thereby denying legitimacy on the championship. The strong team predicted to carry the trophy went on protest against the World powers and they ended up in jail.

Many years later the World Powers went back and revisited the events and decided to honour that jailed team with some recognition. They were not given the trophy...but presented with medals instead.

You demented yanminrins are saying it is wrong not to decorate the neck of that FIFA president as well. For what exactly.....what heroism has he displayed to earn the medal, did he oppose the world powers' decisions? FIFA is independent like NEC. Did the president maintained his independence or just crumbled and toed the line?

Nwosu toed the line and failed to speak up as the Chairman of an Indepenedent NEC.

Your attempt to discredit nwosu really shows you are a child and know nothing about electoral processes in a politically unstable country like Nigeria. Am sure none from your pathetic lineage can endure the pain and attack nwosu had during 1993 elections, the freest and fairest in Nigeria's History.
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ImperialYoruba: 10:28am On Jun 11, 2018
Cry me a river.

When you put one of your sons in Aso Villa dont forget to award Nwosu
Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by ModsareChevres: 10:33am On Jun 11, 2018
Humphrey Nwosu, the coward, who couldn't declare the results but capitulated in fear until decades later is a villain and deserves no honour.

Piggyyeasterners like to reap where they haven't sown. Empty chest beating chimps!

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by dheilaw1(m): 10:43am On Jun 11, 2018
These igbos are so confused, they don't even know what they want, I thought you said you are not part of the zoo

Biafra
Atifku
Restructuring
Donald Duke
Igbo Presidency
or
Honour to Nwosu

Oya choose one and let's know where you belong in the zoo.. foolish people.. watch them bombard me with their bony chest

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by kayfra: 10:49am On Jun 11, 2018
Nwosu did his job. The job he was hired, obligated and remunerated to do. Does anyone give you honors for doing your job?

If he went over and beyond his responsibilities, then give him a bonus cheque in accordance to his civil service employment and be done with it. Simples grin

Re: June 12 Honours: Igbo Leaders Kick Over Exclusion Of Prof Nwosu by orisa37: 11:29am On Jun 11, 2018
Nwosu should be honoured too.

Buhari Wins Sokoto, Defeats PDP With 138,729 Votes / Rivers Women Preventing Nigerian Army Officer From Scaling Fence In Okrika / What Do You Think President Buhari Is Viewing? (photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124