Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Advice Needed On Career,please. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Needed On Career,please. (708 Views)

Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. / I Want To Revive My IT Career. Please Advice! / Advice On Career As An Architect In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On Career,please. by dustydee: 4:01pm On Jun 01, 2010
I am an IT personnel in the public sector-my specialty is telecommunications. I have acquired certain certifications such as ccnp and pmp.My problem right now is that i do not have job satisfaction. I am looking to quit but
1.I feel I dont have enough experience as i cannot take up an entry level position even though some people think my exprience is relevant.
2.those i have discussed it feel i should stay on due to job security and that i can start a business by the side.
3. I really want to quit but also need to beef up my cv(more relevant certification)
please I need advice from professionals in the house.Your suggestions are highly needed,thank you.
Re: Advice Needed On Career,please. by manizu: 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2010
@dustydee

i dont tink u need to quit which eva job u have now, if u want to get more certifications fine go for it but as for d job stick to it atleast d experience and also money for oda certifications u want will be acheived from there. My advice to u brother, just see which eva job u are at now as an eye opener den try to boost ur CV in IT(which is very broad) den with time u just might find that dream job of yours.

Oracle Database Instructor
Re: Advice Needed On Career,please. by dustydee: 5:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
Thanks bro, I am considering taking another job,but atimes i develop cold feet and so i dont even apply.I am afraid that I may be comfortable with what i have now but i can be better. Not also sure if i have enough experience.
Re: Advice Needed On Career,please. by Aproko(f): 5:53pm On Jun 02, 2010
@ Dustydee,

the problem you are facing is the major thing holding you back and that is fear and lack of confidence. you lack confidence in your ability to deliver on a job (which you call lack of experience), yet you dont want to accept entry level or trainee position. my dear, if you gather all the certificates in this world and dont have the confidence to sell yourself, then you would have been better off spending that money shopping or just generally having fun.

nobody will employ you if you cannot defend your certificates. my advice to you is simple - if you cannot learn where you are or havent learnt a thing, then please there is nothing wrong in accepting a trainee position, if that will build up your confidence and thereafter, you move to something better. dont waste your money on certificates when your person lacks development. focus on gaining the confidence that you need first of all, and everything else will follow.
Re: Advice Needed On Career,please. by dustydee: 8:15am On Jun 03, 2010
@Aproko
thanks,I think it is a confidence thing.I have actually learnt alot just that i feel inadequate atimes even though some of my managers praise me when i finish an assignment. I just feel i should be doing more than I am doing right now. Thank you so much, let confidence building begin.
Re: Advice Needed On Career,please. by victor08(m): 7:32pm On Jun 20, 2010
YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE CERTIFICATION. WHAT YOU NEED IS TO WORK IN AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOUR SKILL WILL BE APPRECIATED. STARTING A BUSINESS THAT YOU HAVE AS A HOBBY WON'T BE A BAD IDEA, AS FAR AS YOU ARE SOLVING PROBLEMS AND MAKE YOUR MONEY.

SELF DEVELOPMENT SHOULD BE YOUR PRIORITY NOW-READ BOOKS THAT IMPACTS AND TEACHES YOU HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE OR OTHER SOURCES OF MAKING MONEY.

CHEERS BRO!
Re: Advice Needed On Career,please. by dustydee: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2010
thanks victor
Re: Advice Needed On Career,please. by eshio4u(m): 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2010
To study industrial chemistry OR Chemistry. which one will u advise me to go for?

(1) (Reply)

Pxist / Is Waec Inviting For Test / Engineer For 'nigereer'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.