Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? (775 Views)

@ Seun, We Also Need A Christianity For Christians Section! / PETETION TO SEUN: Please Create For Us A Christianity Section / Plea For A Christian Moderator For A Christianity Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by HardMirror(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2018
I have a friend who fornicates and always pursuing girls with reckless abandon.
Yesterday we got into a heated argument and i had to confront him with his sinful lifestyle. He insisted that regardless of what i say, he is a christian, yes he lives in sin but that in no way makes him less of a christian.
To make things worse, he is a pastor, not just a pastor but his is the General Overseer, the founder of his own church. His church is a new generation church in osogbo that focuses on the University of Osun state Student.
This guy has been busy sucking the boobs of his church members and has no remorse.

Now, i realise that this is the new trend. Christians no longer count sin as anything. The new generation church lives in what the bible calls sins and yet they are ready to slug it out and claim they are christians.

Does grace cover a lifestyle of sin? Should christians continue to live in sin?
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2018
Sin is a sin,even if the pope does it,the guy is still a sinner until he repents and accept jesus.

i thought you were once a christian/pastor??
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by bennymark(m): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2018
Christianity is just like a name tag used to identify those who are 'Christ-like' but there is nowhere in the Bible were it says you must live the life of Christ, it's a personal choice to make, and your friend has made his

It is more in the heart than on the forehead,

So please save Christianity the shame and stop calling that Bobbie sucking businessmen a pastor, the true intent is in his heart not the tag of being a Christian

HardMirror:
I have a friend who fornicates and always pursuing girls with reckless abandon.
Yesterday we got into a heated argument and i had to confront him with his sinful lifestyle. He insisted that regardless of what i say, he is a christian, yes he lives in sin but that in no way makes him less of a christian.
To make things worse, he is a pastor, not just a pastor but his is the General Overseer, the founder of his own church. His church is a new generation church in osogbo that focuses on the University of Osun state Student.
This guy has been busy sucking the boobs of his church members and has no remorse.

Now, i realise that this is the new trend. Christians no longer count sin as anything. The new generation church lives in what the bible calls sins and yet they are ready to slug it out and claim they are christians.

Does grace cover a lifestyle of sin? Should christians continue to live in sin?
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:20am On Jun 10, 2018

TODAY'S CHRISTIANS KNOW ONLY 3 THINGS AS SINS..
MASTURBATÎON, HOMOSEXUALITY, AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY'RE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH.

WHENEVER THOSE ISSUES COMES UP, CHRISTIANS WHO KILL, MOLEST INNOCENT PEOPLE, FORNICATE, DRINK AND SMOKE, EAT CRAYFISH, CLUB ALL NIGHT, LIVE IN LIES HATRED AND JEALOUSY, ETC SUDDENLY REMEMBER THEIR BIBLES AND THE LAW OF GOD.

BECAUSE THEY ARE HYPOCRITES. JUST HOW MUSLIM GIRLS DON'T SHAKE BOYS DURING THE DAY, BUT FUC RANDOM BOYS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.. BECAUSE SHAKING HANDS IS HARAM, BUT PREMARITAL SEX IS NOT. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by dhardline(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2018
Our Lord Jesus Christ says 'If you love me keep my commandments'

A Christan hates sin, fights sin and flees from all appearance of sin. Being a Christian means being and seeking to be Christlike and only a man who is born again can be Christlike.

Your friend is what the Bible calls a false prophet. And he will give full account of every single soul he has led astray.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 10, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

TODAY'S CHRISTIANS KNOW ONLY 3 THINGS AS SINS..
MASTURBATÎON, HOMOSEXUALITY, AND ANYTHING ELSE THEY'RE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH.

WHENEVER THOSE ISSUES COMES UP, CHRISTIANS WHO KILL, MOLEST INNOCENT PEOPLE, FORNICATE, DRINK AND SMOKE, EAT CRAYFISH, CLUB ALL NIGHT, LIVE IN LIES HATRED AND JEALOUSY, ETC SUDDENLY REMEMBER THEIR BIBLES AND THE LAW OF GOD.

BECAUSE THEY ARE HYPOCRITES. JUST HOW MUSLIM GIRLS DON'T SHAKE BOYS DURING THE DAY, BUT FUC RANDOM BOYS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.. BECAUSE SHAKING HANDS IS HARAM, BUT PREMARITAL SEX IS NOT. cheesy

Don’t forget the Yahoo Yahoo Christian boys who think it is absolutely not wrong to scam people ohh

3 Likes

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by HardMirror(m): 8:48am On Jun 10, 2018
Stranac:
Sin is a sin,even if the pope does it,the guy is still a sinner until he repents and accept jesus.

i thought you were once a christian/pastor??
that was the argument. Even as an atheist i dont live my live the way he does. He lies freely and loves women too much. Yet he was arguing that i have no right to challenge him about his way of life since i am not a christian anymore. Truth be told today, majority believe their lifestyle as nothing to do with their christianity.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by HardMirror(m): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2018
PRESENTATION:

Don’t forget the Yahoo Yahoo Christian boys who think it is absolutely not wrong to scam people ohh
that is another peculiar case. You see them even praying and saying even if they are sinners they are sure they would make heaven. Gets me confused. Where are they getting their christian doctrines from?

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by HardMirror(m): 8:51am On Jun 10, 2018
dhardline:
Our Lord Jesus Christ says 'If you love me keep my commandments'

A Christan hates sin, fights sin and flees from all appearance of sin. Being a Christian means being and seeking to be Christlike and only a man who is born again can be Christlike.

Your friend is what the Bible calls a false prophet. And he will give full account of every single soul he has led astray.
i am afraid i doubt i have met 5 christians who are christ like in my entire life.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by kristen12(f): 8:57am On Jun 10, 2018
Christian_ a religion
Christian_ a way of life (being christlike).

Most christians are just the religion ones because being christlike requires sacrifice and most people are not ready.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Christianity? Can A Sinner Still Be A Christian? by dhardline(m): 9:15am On Jun 10, 2018
HardMirror:
i am afraid i doubt i have met 5 christians who are christ like in my entire life.

That's why the Bible says 'many are called but few are chosen.'
... We have not even put into consideration of those who were not called at all but out of the those called few where then chosen.

The best thing to do is to strive to be amongst that few. Do not be too concerned if people who claim to be Christians are really Christlike but instead try to be amongst the few shinning light that cannot be hid in a world full of darkness cause your light will draw men to Christ.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Church Clothes Today. Looking Nice? / (VIDEO): Akpororo Talks About Tithe And Daddy Freeze At The Experience / I Saw Late Pastor Kumuyi In Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.