Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) (51967 Views)

Roman Abramovich Suffered Suspected Poisoning At Russia-Ukraine Peace Talk / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See / Donald Trump 'Sentenced To Death' By North Korea For Insulting Kim Jong Un (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by theoldpretender(m): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
Donelli:

Shed more light on the the bolded please

OK...

1.China has a large ethnic korean population...so if there is crisis in the DPRK (not likely to happen now..but possible)...many of themwould flee to China...potential security issue.

2.As for South Korea...a destabilsed NK means that unification looks easier (my opinion). But rebuliding the DPRK...is going to cost. Thenthere is the knock on effect of crisis...

I don't think the DPRK would fall like that...many people said it would fall in the 1990's...and it didn't, despite the very serious fammine that left millions dead. BUT....a stable DPRK keeps many countries happy. Esepcially China and the US. Better still is if a permanent peace treaty for the 1950-53 war comes out of the Trump-Kim talks (though i ain't hoping for that much!)

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by troublemakea(m): 4:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
lemme just sit and watch how this thread will pull so much massive traffic for mynd44 n lalasticlala

lalasticlala and mynd44 right now

4 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by pafisayo(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Why trump and Kim Jong-un the behave like small kids.

Why can't they do their summit in peace without the world hearing about it.

As Old as Trump is, there's no atom of shame in him. You are 71yrs old while this idiot is 38yrs but still yet he place himself so low to have a summit with this fool.

I have so much respect in America president ( Franklin D. Roosevelt ) he can't take this rubbish act by Childish president trying to compare U.S strength.

North Korea shouldn't allow this fool to destabilize them. They should learn from what happened to Japan in 1941Hiroshima:20,000 soldiers killed70,000–126,000 civilians killed
Nagasaki:39,000–80,000 killedTotal: 129,000–226,000+ killed

Within a day

What’s the point in giving the statistics of those killed in Japan?
There should be no peace talk ?
American can asswell lunch a nuclear attack on Kim jung cos America has the nukes manpower and might ?
Some people on here needs medical help , sometimes seeing a therapist helps.
Both party meeting is an act of Diplomacy not some Kid act like you mentioned

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by omenka(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2018
Sadusky:

The best I have seen yet cheesy
This Trump guy must be one hell of a bully back in school. cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Koolking(m): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
President Donald Trump has never failed to represent.

He has made history as the first American president to meet with the king of the North - The northern supreme leader Kim Jong Un.

He championed the meeting between the Southern and Northern Korea.

To say the least, this is quite an achievement for Trump administration.

7 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by KratosCorp: 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2018
Kim is not only a dictator, he is an offspring of a dictator too. I think you are the one who don't know who a dictator is. The guy is neither elected nor enthroned, so how is he not a dictator?

slimdamatrix1:

That guy clearly doesn't know who a dictator is.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by viczo(m): 4:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
do u know how north Korea citizens are praying for this day stop saying what you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by RexTramadol1: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
Those American snipers don calculate radius, diameter, distance, close range, long range etc

The Intel dey've got is super dope

Historic meeting that might end in both countries reaching a truce or in catastrophe

I prefer the former tho'

Beht wetin concern us sef?

4 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Donelli: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
theoldpretender:

OK...

1.China has a large ethnic korean population...so if there is crisis in the DPRK (not likely to happen now..but possible)...many of themwould flee to China...potential security issue.

2.As for South Korea...a destabilsed NK means that unification looks easier (my opinion). But rebuliding the DPRK...is going to cost. Thenthere is the knock on effect of crisis...

I don't think the DPRK would fall like that...many people said it would fall in the 1990's...and it didn't, despite the very serious fammine that left millions dead. BUT....a stable DPRK keeps many countries happy. Esepcially China and the US. Better still is if a permanent peace treaty for the 1950-53 war comes out of the Trump-Kim talks (though i ain't hoping for that much!)

I see.

Thanks for your time. smiley

5 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2018
omenka:

Lol cheesy

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Okundaye4(m): 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
But why will Kim use China Air?

That show the difference between the two nation.

That may also indicate the North Korean and China romance.

5 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by AloneTK: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
Okundaye4:
But why will Kim use China Air?

That show the difference between the two nation.

That may also indicate the North Korean and China romance.

In the face of numerous sanctions, I think the country's financial stand no fit promote national carrier

7 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Akanapiaigwe: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
[s]
omenka:
[/s]
shatap
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Passenger27: 4:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
If its Buhari that foreign minister welcome, wailers will not let us hear word.

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Akanapiaigwe: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
[s]
omenka:
Kim needs the talks more than Trump. We should hope Trump doesn't pull out, especially as he has made it abundantly clear he could if the direction of negotiations runs afoul of the interest of the United States even in the slightest way.

Be that as it may, I believe even if the US abruptly pulls out, South Korea and North would still find a way to thrash out their personal differences and reach some resolutions which would see to an appreciable reduction in tensions within the Peninsula.
[/s]
nice but I am programed to strike through
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by omenka(m): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
theoldpretender:

The reason why they are talking is....if the DPRK does not disarm, South Korea will ramp up its nuclear capability,the Japanese too would want their own bomb, as would several other South East Asian nations.

China too is also worried....what is aimed at the US can be aimed at them too....

Plus, NK does not have the ICBM capability to deliver a bomb (their annual budget is 1/4 that of South Korea's.).

NK is also badly run, poor and broke. They need these talks...before the government collapises...and causes problems for China and SK.
Did you say they don't have ICBM capability to deliver a bomb? At the risk of being proven wrong, I thought the analysis of the trajectory of their last missile test showed they can actually hit the US East Coast. Wasn't that what resulted in the escalation of tensions between the two countries and the war of words between their presidents (remember the "fire and fury" remark)?

Come what may, it is so refreshing seeing how the leader of South Korea leveraged on a simple sports event to precipitate with overly anticipated summit between Trump and Kim.

7 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by bigpicture001: 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

As Old as Trump is, there's no atom of shame in him. You are 71yrs old while this idiot is 38yrs but still yet he place himself so low to have a summit with this fool.

I have so much respect in America president ( Franklin D. Roosevelt ) he can't take this rubbish act by Childish president trying to compare U.S strength.

North Korea shouldn't allow this fool to destabilize them. They should learn from what happened to Japan in 1941Hiroshima:20,000 soldiers killed70,000–126,000 civilians killed

Within a day
...you know next to nothing about abt international politics...learn more!

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by MrMystrO(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
EzendiEgo1:

Within a day

Good. You can go back to the Romance section now, Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by oooduancalmdown: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
theoldpretender:

The reason why they are talking is....if the DPRK does not disarm, South Korea will ramp up its nuclear capability,the Japanese too would want their own bomb, as would several other South East Asian nations.

China too is also worried....what is aimed at the US can be aimed at them too....

Plus, NK does not have the ICBM capability to deliver a bomb (their annual budget is 1/4 that of South Korea's.).

NK is also badly run, poor and broke. They need these talks...before the government collapises...and causes problems for China and SK.
But why does the USA have nuclear weapons?

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Dpharisee: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Explorers:
Kim and Trump are not in the same hotel. the North Korean dicator is staying at the nearby St. Regis hotel in Singapore during the summit.

Police inspect vehicles at a checkpoint at the back of the St Regis Hotel on Sunday.

Security was heightened outside of the hotels the two men are staying at, as well as the site of the summit on Sunday.

Members of the North Korean delegation are seen in Singapore on Sunday.

Better go and learn how to spell 'dictator'. Meanwhile, why do you call Kim who has never attacked any country a 'dictator' and not Trump who has bombed other countries?
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by KrystosCJ(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Peace talks at a supposed peace summit and there are tactical snipers and counter terrorism personnel on ground?

PEACE - Preaching Elusive Anticipated Calm Egregiously

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
If you know the enormous responsibility they carry you would not talk this way. Regardless of their ages, they represent a people who have conferred on the authority they bear. Mind you both countries are sovereign and so not inferior to the other.

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by theoldpretender(m): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

But why does the USA have nuclear weapons?

Why does China, India, Russia, South korea, And Pakistan have nuclear weapons too?

While I don't like the US policeman attitude...the US has not developed any new nuclear bomb in decades (courtesy of the test ban treaty of 1963...which many countries,including Russia and China have signed up to).

Plus, the US got bombs because they worried the Russians might have them. Ditto the South Koreans...because NK had them first. Japan does not have a bomb yet...but if NK keeps up with the bombs...then it might get a bomb too (and they have a government in power that flirts with that idea)....which in turn ramps up tensions with China and South Korea....

Same reason why US does not want Iran to get the bomb....because the Saudis and other Arab nations might get one...and things could get very tense.

At any rate...yours truly wants to see every nuclear bomb dismantled. We don't need them. They are risky assets to have.

4 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by troublemakea(m): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
theoldpretender:

ur the most mature...bless u bro I really learnt from you. thanks

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by tolexy007(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Sadusky:

I still wonder why they hate Trump so much. Americans don't know how lucky they are to have him as president

Is because most of dem never expect trump to win the election, U no how much dey mocked him during the campaign election, hoping that he will lose, But wen he won they all became ashmed. Most of dem dont even want the progress of America again all because of him, they want war and poverty so that dey can blame him for it.....

4 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by theoldpretender(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
troublemakea:

ur the most mature...bless u bro I really learnt from you. thanks

Thank you very much.
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by oooduancalmdown: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
busco59:
I don't know why I just love most moves taken by Trump, to be sincere with myself I gat more respect for Trump and his ideas, to Obama's personalities and decisions even though he is an African American. I just hope he continues to drive towards positivities and not negativities, abeg baba Trump no fall my hands.
The beautiful scenarios up there captivated me the most, I must confess indeed Singapore is really a beautiful and peaceful country unlike what we have down here. I weep and pray for my nation, Nigeria!!!!¡¡¡¡
So you don't know Nigeria is is a shytehole?

3 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by AloneTK: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Dpharisee:

Better go and learn how to spell 'dictator'. Meanwhile, why do you call Kim who has never attacked any country a 'dictator' and not Trump who has bombed other countries?

The name "Dictator" does not arise after you must have attacked countries. It springs up following how you rose to power and how you exercise it. Maybe you should read more on Kim's exploits...

2 Likes

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by ruggedtimi(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
TheUbermensch:

You've watched too much London Has Fallen.
lol he is hoping for pulau ujong has fallen

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by troublemakea(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
stagger:

Trump is the president of the most powerful nation on earth. You are just a tiny inconsequential faceless nitwit hiding behind your 10" screen to type rubbish.

Even your English makes us query what school you attended.

see how u take finish the guy

1 Like

Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by AloneTK: 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
theoldpretender:

Why does China, India, Russia, South korea, And Pakistan have nuclear weapons too?

While I don't like the US policeman attitude...the US has not developed any new nuclear bomb in decades (courtesy of the test ban treaty of 1963...which many countries,including Russia and China have signed up to).

Plus, the US got bombs because they worried the Russians might have them. Ditto the South Koreans...because NK had them first. Japan does not have a bomb yet...but if NK keeps up with the bombs...then it might get a bomb too (and they have a government in power that flirts with that idea)....which in turn ramps up tensions with China and South Korea....

Same reason why US does not want Iran to get the bomb....because the Saudis and other Arab nations might get one...and things could get very tense.

At any rate...yours truly wants to see every nuclear bomb dismantled. We don't need them. They are risky assets to have.

My brother....No trust US o.
Re: President Donald Trump And Kim Jong-Un Arrive Singapore For Peace Talk(Photos) by drchuks1234(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
[quote author=Gullah post=68357989]
I don't even get the point you are trying to make,

1. This is perhaps the most historic meeting on the Korean issue since the Korean war ended, how were they supposed to keep it silent? This is the biggest news in the world right now, from CNN to BBC to AlJazeera to all major Cable news networks, everyone is talking about it. How on earth are Trump and Kim jong un supposed to have kept it silent? Should they have banned all news channels from reporting about it?

2. What has the ages of Trump and Kim got to do with international diplomacy? Today the President of France is 39 years of age and President Buhari is over 70, would you consider it a let down if Buhari sat for a meeting with Macron? They are not there to represent themselves, they are there to represent their respective nations

3. Then you are basically rooting for Kim to refuse to give up his nuclear weapons for peace to reign in the Korean peninsular. North Korea is better off with ,GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ten Things To Know About Liz Truss, New UK Prime Minister (Photos) / Obama Expels Russian Diplomats / Xenophobic Attacks: Enough Is Enough - President Ramaphosa Of South Africa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.