Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,538 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:39 PM

Legendary Nigerian Reggae Artiste Ras Kimono Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Legendary Nigerian Reggae Artiste Ras Kimono Is Dead (321 Views)

Regina Daniels Mourns Ras Kimono: 'I Never Knew That Death Is Real Until Today' / Dead Ras Kimono: 7 Things You Do Not Know About The Late Reggae Artiste / Ras Kimono Is Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Legendary Nigerian Reggae Artiste Ras Kimono Is Dead by BullionVan111: 6:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Reggae icon, RasKimono, is dead.

The legendary singer, whose real name was Ukeleke Onwubuya, died today in Lagos. It was gathered that he was to travel to United States last night, but he complained of not feeling too well. He was rushed to a hospital in Ikeja, then later taken to Lagoon Hospital, before eventually giving up the ghost.

In a recent chat with PUNCH, the reggae star said, he had been a vegetarian for over 37 years and neither smoked nor drunk alcohol.

He said, “I have never smoked and I don’t drink alcohol. I tell people I have been a vegetarian for 37 years. Even when my friends were having sex with two girls at the same time in those days, I didn’t join them. I have never done what these girls and boys call party despite being famous and I am sure there are other people who have never done that too.

“When people attribute recklessness to youthful exuberance, I get worried because I once passed through that stage too. I believe it is all about your upbringing. The fact that you are young doesn’t mean you should be wayward.”

More photos of him today, http://www.9jaresponse.com/2018/06/breaking-news-legendary-nigerian-reggae.html

Re: Legendary Nigerian Reggae Artiste Ras Kimono Is Dead by Albinoflash(m): 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
I don't believe it,someone i saw yesterday

(1) (Reply)

Teddy A’s Babymama Continues To Diss Him On Twitter, Says She Sends Him Money / Banky W Reacts To News About Young Lady / Wizkid With Naomi Campbell At Dolce&gabana D&G Runway In Milan Big One For Wizk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.