Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Maturing Into Sonship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Maturing Into Sonship (1118 Views)

Our Ordination And Sonship Is Equal For Everybody Who Believes In Jesus Christ / Maturing Christianity. / Move From Slavery To Sonship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maturing Into Sonship by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
Maturing Into Sonship

The world is waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God. That is those who through an understanding of their divine nature can operate like God on earth.

Such ones shall be able to exercise total dominion over all issues of life, bringing deliverance to many.

They will think, talk and live in the realm of dominion where all things shall be possible with them. They will have it the way they want it, according to the word of God.

A son is given

Everyone is born as a child. This is true in the natural as well as in the spiritual.

However, every child has the potential of becoming a son.

There is a seed of sonship implanted in everyone at birth, which will have to undergo the usual growth processes for it to mature into sonship.

A child is born but sons are given;
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given…
Isaiah 9:6

Although everyone has the potential of becoming a son, not everyone does in reality, biological age notwithstanding.

Many adults live as children all their lives. Such ones are quite incapable of taking vital decisions or handling responsibilities.

There are some though married, are still ruled by their parents. Their parents tell them when to love their wives and when not to.

In our culture, where there is a close link between parents and their children, this is often a source of conflict between wives and their parents-in-law.

Until anyone matures into a son, he is excluded from handling certain responsibilities.

Can you imagine an eight year old child being crowned as king? No! No matter his right to the throne, he will have to undergo the usual growth processes, until he matures to adulthood.

Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.
Galatians 4:1-2

An heir who is not yet mature for his throne, will be kept under a regency which will decide and execute decisions for him.

He has no freedom or ability to exercise authority. Whatever the regency decides is good enough for him.

Until he becomes mature, his authority is as it were under “bondage.”

Just like in the natural there are many in the kingdom, born again, but are being robbed and cheated by the devil and his agents not because they have the right to do so but because their victims refused to grow.

They chose to remain babies, still feeding on milk.

The Bible says “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2).

Only babies feed on milk for growth. For an adult, milk is no longer an essential for growth. It could be quite irritating to see a grown adult still carrying about a feeding bottle.

What he needs is solid food that will give strength to his muscles.

The fact that you are born again does not give you an automatic access to your kingdom inheritance.

You have to grow into it through knowledge and spiritual exercises. As long as you refuse to grow, you will live as a servant without tasting a vast portion of your inheritance in Christ.

Manifesting your sonship

Our sonship is the backbone of life in the supernatural. That is what gives us access to walk in the realm of the supernatural.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.
John 1:12

The cardinal mark of sonship is power, power to reign, power to exercise authority.

Anyone who is born again has this power potentially. But he can only grow into actual manifestation.

There are many in the church today, who though born again, hardly have anything tangible to show for their Christianity.

They can hardly be differentiated from the rest of the world. They are subjected to all the buffetings and intimidations of the devil.

They are ruled by fear, plagued by diseases, poverty and lack. But the truth is that they are victims of ignorance more than anything else.

Understanding your sonship power, rights and privileges is the master key to freedom and a life of fulfillment.

That is what puts you over and puts the enemy on the run.

As long as Jesus emphasized His sonship, the enemy was kept restless on his toes.

It is interesting that just like anyone else, Jesus was not born as a son, He was born as a child, but grew into His sonship.

And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
Luke 2:52

Yes, Jesus was born a child like every other child. He underwent the various growth stages.

However, as soon as the voice from the clouds declared His sonship at the mount of transfiguration (Matthew 17:5), His status changed.

He ascended His throne, vested with all the authority and power of heaven.

Whatever He commanded came to be. He had been enthroned and wherever the word of a king is, there is power.

Negative and positive forces were compelled to obey Him. He cast out devils with His words. A time came when He didn’t even have to speak, His presence compelled evil spirits to come out of their victims.

Now remember that Jesus is the pattern son. He is our perfect example. And as the Father has sent Him, so He sent you.

Everything Jesus manifested as a son ought to come cheaply to you when you attain the status of sonship.

That is the time you will take charge and be in control of all affairs of life.

Sometime in 1984, a lady came to me with a pathetic story of harassment by a swarm of insects.

They hovered around her head and followed her everywhere she went. She was in utter embarrassment and grief.

However, as she approached the entrance of the church, the insects stayed behind. After she narrated her story, I asked about the insects, and she told me they stayed back as she stepped into the gate.

So I asked if we might go over to see them – it was a swarm of praying mantis. Evil spirits know their bounds you see.

Well, after she narrated her story, I took my staff to go and kill the insects. As we headed towards them at the gate, they began to move backwards.

We did not need to use slings or any instruments to chase them away. They disappeared at our presence. And that was the end of that experience.

After your sonship is declared, every force in heaven and hell obeys your voice. Your status as his son commands respect in human, animal and insect kingdoms.

This is what makes Christianity different. Christianity is neither a religion nor a philosophy, it is not belonging to an organisation, but it is the release of the life of God into human vessels.

It is becoming a member of a mysterious body from where you draw mysterious virtue to live a mysterious life.

God is committed to bringing you out of childhood into sonship so that all the forces of life will obey you.

The devil will become a toy in your hand and you will enter the fullness of your inheritance in Christ. The whole world is waiting for your manifestation.

Halleluyah!!!

Releasing The Supernatural, David Oyedepo

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Contact Us, 08126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

Sunday And The Stupid People / Prophet Odumeje Visit SARS Office FREES Youths From Police Cell / Is Polygamy Really Condemned By GOD?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.