Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:55 AM

A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria (1397 Views)

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 11, 2018
A complain was made by a concerned Nigerian about the illicit and continues deductions made on his account by AIRTEL NIGERIA and i thought i will be an exemption. For those who missed the post, here is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/4485095/airtel-dubious-ways-siphoning-money

A call woke me early in the morning on the 9th of June, 2018 but before i could reach my phone, i'd already missed the call. So i reached out to my phone to call back only for me to hear the unpleasant voice "Your account is too low for this call, please load a recharge card". So i quickly dialed *123# to check my balance, fellow Nigerians, what i saw almost forced tears down my cheek. My account has been reduced to 0.94.

So i thought i did not dial the right code. To crosscheck, i dialled the code over and over again but still saw 0.94 as my balance, that was when it dawned on me that AIRTEL NIGERIA has wiped my account for the third time in three weeks.(and still counting)

The first time i called their customer care to complain about the illicit deduction, I was told i was subscribed "Online" for one nonsense i can't even remember, so i told them to deactivate me cus i never subscribed to anything be it online or offline except my normal subscriptions for browsing. I thought it was going to end there but these deductions has continued up till this present day 11th of June 2018.

I still called their customer care on another occasion but was told i was subscribed for yet another thing i don't know about. Now does it mean i was not deactivated from the previous complains or new activations were made on my behalf ?

After several complains to their various customer care representatives, i was assured that the issue will be fixed, so i decided to recharge 100 naira to activate a 25naira night plan today being the 11th of June, 2018 to test these criminals if they've fixed the problem, lo and behold my balance became 55 naira instead of 75 naira. The deduction has been programmed on my line.

Lets try and imagine how many millions and billions of naira AIRTEL NG makes from 180 million Nigerians per week or month on illegal deductions, you'll be amazed by the result.

Does it mean the NCC knows about these fraudulent deductions by AIRTEL NIGERIA and are keeping mute, or are they being bribed to keep silent over this issue ?

Are illegal deductions and frequent calls after activating a "Do Not Disturb" enough reasons to fine Airtel Nigeria ?

Or does it mean that the federal government is not aware of these complains by Nigerians and AIRTEL NG cannot be fined ?

Or does it mean that Nigerians have to suffer for everything including illegal deductions under this hard economy ? No !!! This is day light and modernized robbery by AIRTEL NIGERIA.

If permitted, i could upload one of the conversations i recorded with one of the costumer care representative.

#ENOUGHisENOUGH #AIRTELnoMOREdeductions #ACTnowFG #ACTnowNCC #FineAIRTEL !!!
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 11, 2018
Mods please this has to get to front page, the deduction is too much
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:35am On Jun 11, 2018
I threw my Airtel line away sometime ago and went for glo but no body tell me say make I run go collect my Airtel again. Most of these networks are fraudsters and these things keep happening only in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by sureteeboy(m): 7:08am On Jun 11, 2018
Those guys are glorified fraudsters. I can't recall the amount I've lost to their illegal deductions

1 Like

Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by ryfoz(m): 7:17am On Jun 11, 2018
badboywizzy:
A complain was made by a concerned Nigerian about the illicit....
If permitted, i could upload one of the conversations i recorded with one of the costumer care representative.

#ENOUGHisENOUGH #AIRTELnoMOREdeductions #ACTnowFG #ACTnowNCC #FineAIRTEL !!!

Send STOP to 2442

I faced the same issue too, but in my own case I have many of their SIM for night sub purpose. So far the deductions has stopped when I sent that code on the affected lines, the rest still awaits the day I have their time

1 Like

Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by mrfubi(m): 7:25am On Jun 11, 2018
I thought this particular problem was peculiar to me alone, can't understand why Airtel is robbing us, I doubt that NCC can help us.

1 Like

Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 11, 2018
ryfoz:

Send STOP to 2442

I faced the same issue too, but in my own case I have many of their SIM for night sub purpose. So far the deductions has stopped when I sent that code on the affected lines, the rest still awaits the day I have their time
Thanks for the advice, i think i'll opt for another network service, maybe Etisalat.

Now i understand why Falz sang "This is Nigeria"
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by donielord(m): 8:24am On Jun 11, 2018
badboywizzy:
everybody be criminal
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by wabbyland(m): 8:55am On Jun 11, 2018
My airtime was deducted yesterday and last week. May it never be well with that oloriburuku network.
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 11, 2018
wabbyland:
My airtime was deducted yesterday and last week. May it never be well with that oloriburuku network.
My own has been programmed. They are just waiting for me to recharge then the machine will do its work.
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 11, 2018
Honsule, Dragnet, Puskin, Mind44, Seun et al.

please this thread was not written for entertainment sake, but out of frustration bestowed on me by Airtel.

Who knows maybe the right authorities might see this and take swift actions this time.
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by BaronCorbin: 9:33am On Jun 11, 2018
badboywizzy:
Honsule, Dragnet, Puskin, Mind44, Seun et al.

please this thread was not written for entertainment sake, but out of frustration bestowed on me by Airtel.

Who knows maybe the right authorities might see this and take swift actions this time.

I am a heavy downloader and I have 15 airtel sims for night plans. I experienced what you are saying on 12 of the sims for a whole year. At a time, I said enough is enough. I immediately went to their head office in Anambra, banged straightforward to the managers office and was shouting!

They calmed me down, took all my sim numbers and reprogrammed them right in front of me! Since then, I will load 100 on each of them, come back after 1 month and the money is still untouched!

Power of organized violence!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by ryfoz(m): 3:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
badboywizzy:
Thanks for the advice, i think i'll opt for another network service, maybe Etisalat.

If you think it's best for you. As for me I am never going back to 9mobile, they've lost their glory days... Their data is extremely cost and even poor in my area here.

But that code will solve your problem if that's what you want
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
I have 2 airtel sims for their night plan, and they do this every fvcking time
After complaining, it was like they've stopped, fast forward to 2 months later, they resumed again!
I had N50 left on one of the sim cards, that's supposed to be equal 2nights
I didn't do night plan for 2days, The next time I tried the code, I got insufficient balance, so i checked my balance and met N8.
These guys are krazy, same thing on glo
Na only mtn no dey touch my money
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2018
These are screen shots of the services Airtel are using to deduct my money also a screen shot of the numbers they are using to disturb me every day

Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by afongha: 12:06am On Jul 12, 2018
this is becoming unbecoming angry
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2018
cc:lalasticlala.
cc:seun
cc:Honsule
cc:Dragnet
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by KCode: 9:52am On Jul 12, 2018
Is it illegal or normal? To them it seems normal. And they do it every time.
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by grudges: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2018
I had the same issues too, recharged my phone with 300, 50 was deducted in the morning for no reason
Re: A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria by KCode: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
It's the right time for the NCC to do something already.

(1) (Reply)

New Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Already Receiving Fresh Update / Neatly Used Infinix S5 Lite For Sale / Lithuania Urges People To Throw Away Chinese Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.