Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,591 members, 7,955,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:48 PM

How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle (11280 Views)

How Vaping Can Benefit Your Busy Lifestyle / Dead Body On Busy Kano Road Sparks Fear Among Residents / See How To Lose Your Weight Fast With Fitness, Gym And Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Donwised(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pentools:

Do you take any muscle/body building substance??
please answer

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Thecassanova: 1:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pchizy:
Confidence is built
Done for health purposes
Done out of passion
Done for fun
Ask boredom, Ask depression, Ask Obesity, Ask Arteriosclerosis, Ask anger, Ask I can't, Ask many as mentioned ::: They'll all answer you that exercise has dealt with them.
Note: starting workout is one thing,, keeping to it is the main issue. Then, build your morale, never give up, don't say later, don't say because it pains so much at first trial, hehehe, No pain, No gain. Hey, you can get along with ppl or partner and encourage each other via the exercise.
Al binitio, I tried sit up. Sincerely, I can't do up to 5. Ppl laughed me to scorn, showing me some ladies that can do up to 20. Truthful, it was discouraging, but I kept pushing. Now, I do couch some,, can engage in situp to 150 - 160 times!. Those doing 20, 30 before can't. They were all shouting in surprises.
I do all these within few minutes to hour.
So, busy schedules isn't the problem,... The issue is planning your time, discipline, and educating/motivating yourself on the benefits in keeping fit
Thank you.

Motivation is the key. Nothing like busy schedule there's always time if you find it.

I'm fasting now but still manage to gym before breakfast(zahur) 5-6am. Then evenings I gym around 7-8pm at night some days after eating, my diet plan shifted though. I couldn't consume all carbs and proteins in just two meals a day, I'm trying though.

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Pentools(m): 1:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
Thecassanova:

No, Just Natural food.

I made sure I eat lots of Protein. Chicken (Breast especially, gizzard, liver), eggs, and lean beef did the trick. At least 3 eggs per day, the whitish part is total protein. In a egg you get 6g protein so I take 3. But take only 2 yolk cos of cholesterol.

Basically to gain more muscles mass I made sure I ate X2 protein of my body mass, so I weighed 87kg then so I ate 174grams of protein per day. This distributed in like 5-7 meals per day. I eat late again at night shortly before sleeping too to enable the building up overnight, even when I wake at midnight to pee I find wheat bread or chicken to chew. I Stopped eating white bread, just brown bread and oats. Rice, veges, spag, beans also helps.

Taking 174g/P through food alone seems hard, you lose appetite sometimes but you just need to force yourself. Working all-round the gym wouldn't help if nutrition is lagging.

Lolz! 5-7 meals per day U can eat o!
Thanks for the breakdown. Was a huge fan of egg till a medic warned that is no good except for the aged or growing kids, however I thought substituting it with protein shakes, casilla n co. could help too.
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Thecassanova: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
Donwised:
please answer
No, I already answered.
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by one4GOD(f): 1:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pchizy:
Confidence is built
Done for health purposes
Done out of passion
Done for fun
Ask boredom, Ask depression, Ask Obesity, Ask Arteriosclerosis, Ask anger, Ask I can't, Ask many as mentioned ::: They'll all answer you that exercise has dealt with them.
Note: starting workout is one thing,, keeping to it is the main issue. Then, build your morale, never give up, don't say later, don't say because it pains so much at first trial, hehehe, No pain, No gain. Hey, you can get along with ppl or partner and encourage each other via the exercise.
Al binitio, I tried sit up. Sincerely, I can't do up to 5. Ppl laughed me to scorn, showing me some ladies that can do up to 20. Truthful, it was discouraging, but I kept pushing. Now, I do couch some,, can engage in situp to 150 - 160 times!. Those doing 20, 30 before can't. They were all shouting in surprises.
I do all these within few minutes to hour.
So, busy schedules isn't the problem,... The issue is planning your time, discipline, and educating/motivating yourself on the benefits in keeping fit
pls I do sit up too but recently am concerned about it as am a TTC (trying To Conceive) lady so pls can someone explain if there is implications in this?

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Thecassanova: 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pentools:

Thanks for the breakdown. Was a huge fan of egg till a medic warned that is no good except for the aged or growing kids, however I thought substituting it with milk shakes, casilla n co. could help too.
Animal protein is the best protein for builders though.

Besides, White part of the egg contains only protein, you can eat as many as possible no adverse effect. Its the yolk that contains fat and 212mg cholesterol, however latest study has shown that dietary cholesterol doesn't lead to high serum cholesterol. When it comes to body builders they're no barrier to most things. eg People are advised not to eat before sleeping but body builders can.

Losing fat and building muscles is technical. A lot may be gaining fat with their unwatched diet, not necessary building lean muscle mass.

Thanks for the awareness man
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Pentools(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
Thecassanova:

Animal protein is the best protein for builders though.

Besides, White part of the egg contains only protein, you can eat as many as possible no adverse effect. Its the yolk that contains fat and 212mg cholesterol, however latest study has shown that dietary cholesterol doesn't lead to high serum cholesterol. When it comes to body builders they're no barrier to most things. eg People are advised not to eat before sleeping but body builders can.

Losing fat and building muscles is technical. A lot may be gaining fat with their unwatched diet, not necessary building lean muscle mass.

Thanks for the awareness man

But what's your take on protein shakes?
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Thecassanova: 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pentools:

But what's your take on protein shakes?

Protein shakes is just a supplement to natural dieting. The shake is quite easy to consume before, during and after workout. Being in a liquid form I can easily take grams of protein at a point. However, If you can consume adequate protein before gym and after you don't need shakes. I eat rice, vegs, gizzard, liver before gyming, Within an hour after gym I consume 2 fried eggs with brown bread, chicken and beef.

If you not taking natural food(protein) through diet, shakes wouldn't do anything. It mostly serve as a template to normal proteins from food. If you don't normally have appetite for much food then you can use.

Replacing multiples meal per day with protein shakes over a long period could result in nutrient deficiencies, digestive distress, nausea, bloating, headaches, fatigue etc
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Pentools(m): 2:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
Thecassanova:

Protein shakes is just a supplement to natural dieting. The shake is quite easy to consume before, during and after workout. Being in a liquid form I can easily take grams of protein at a point. However, If you can consume adequate protein before gym and after you don't need shakes. I eat rice, vegs, gizzard, liver before gyming, Within an hour after gym I consume 2 fried eggs with brown bread, chicken and beef.

If you not taking natural food(protein) through diet, shakes wouldn't do anything. It mostly serve as a template to normal proteins from food. If you don't normally have appetite for much food then you can use.

Replacing multiples meal per day with protein shakes over a long period could result in nutrient deficiencies, digestive distress, nausea, bloating, headaches, fatigue etc

Wow! Thanks for the insight. So you mean u eat before n after gyming?
I actually thought it's pretty much ideal eating right after hitting the gym rather than the other way round, and you mean fried egg is good for builds too??
I even heard something about drinking raw eggs straight up or mixed with someother stuffs.
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by HoodBillionaire: 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
i do 20push ups from sofa level
and 40sit ups
everyday
medium size shirt come dey tight me now
na Large shirt come dey fit me now
e remain small for flat belle and six packs
i nor go wear shirt again
fear go let coti flag me down
or road safety.
tah
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Freethought(m): 2:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
yeyerolling:
my trainers and kit have been wasting away, e no easy to dey keep fit mehn. just jogging 5 mins man don tire

Keeping fit is more of a thing of the mind than legs and arms.. Set your mind to jogging for 5mins and you will jog for 5mins, set it for 15 mins and you will for 15mins..
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Emmyk(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
I didn't believe I could add more weight or muscles as I'd weighed around 59/60kg for over 3 years.

I watched some YouTube videos and I started indoor workout 121 days ago - 150pushups. 30-40reps.

The result is quite amazing so far. I now weigh 65kg, meaning I've added 6kg in 4months, with nice biceps and all.

I added sit-ups 61days ago, 30-50reps, tho the little layer of fats in my belly do not want to remove, but I won't give up. grin grin

It was challenging the first week, my body was sour, that I couldn't do 150 pushups again after the first day, till day 9!

I have more confidence in myself now, looking at the mirror. I am also more fit and healthier.

You can achieve whatever you desire, if you put your mind to it. cool

3 Likes

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Freethought(m): 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2018
IamPlato:

Please What Are The Most Effective ways to Build six Packs

Send me your WhatsApp number, i ll send you a video.. You can't need more than that and some routines for six Packs
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Freethought(m): 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pentools:

Thanks for the breakdown. Was a huge fan of egg till a medic warned that is no good except for the aged or growing kids, however I thought substituting it with protein shakes, casilla n co. could help too.

Always better to go natural... Natural means no protein supplements

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Freethought(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
one4GOD:
pls I do sit up too but recently am concerned about it as am a TTC (trying To Conceive) lady so pls can someone explain if there is implications in this?

Sit ups will not affect your chances of getting pregnant. Well if anything, it can even help you out since you are being healthy and active. The only time excercise is not good is when you are overdoing it
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Freethought(m): 3:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
JhyMedex:

Boss ..hw does a Doctor keep fit..

U always working during d day..
u get bak home like 10/11pm..
U feeling drained n exhausted..
hw realistic is it to wake up by 4:30 or dere abt..
seeing u av to b at work before 8am..
Ur input will b much appreciated..

You don't have to work out like bouncers to kip fit.. Just get a more simpler and less time consuming routine...

Yes! Very realistic to wake up by 4:30 am, even if you sleep by 12am... Just create 45 mins within 4:30 am and 7:30 am and do some body weight exercises..

Guess, you are always free on weekends!! HIT on Saturday and rest very well on Sunday
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by JhyMedex: 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
Freethought:

You don't have to work out like bouncers to kip fit.. Just get a more simpler and less time consuming routine...

Yes! Very realistic to wake up by 4:30 am, even if you sleep by 12am... Just create 45 mins within 4:30 am and 7:30 am and do some body weight exercises..

Guess, you are always free on weekends!! HIT on Saturday and rest very well on Sunday

there's stress man..4:30 aint feasible..

Saturdays aint free..sundays r free bt cld b called in..
I jog 4 tyms a week..i sit n press up everyday wen i wake up.tryna find tym to squeeze in weights..
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Thecassanova: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
Pentools:

Wow! Thanks for the insight. So you mean u eat before n after gyming?
I actually thought it's pretty much ideal eating right after hitting the gym rather than the other way round, and you mean fried egg is good for builds too??
I even heard something about drinking raw eggs straight up or mixed with someother stuffs.
I eat light with less mass before gym cos digestion from food takes longer, so the necessary protein would've been ready for the muscle use during or immediately after gym. This is essential since I don't take supplement that easily makes protein available to the body. Besides, you need energy to effectively gym. You wouldn't perform optimally and push yourself enough if you weak.

Enough Fried egg is good. You can fry two whole eat, and boil one then remove the yolk before eating. Besides you can buy egg white that doesn't have yolk. You can mix or take raw whichever way you like, protein is still protein.

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Thecassanova: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Emmyk:
I didn't believe I could add more weight or muscles as I'd weighed around 59/60kg for over 3 years.

I watched some YouTube videos and I started indoor workout 121 days ago - 150pushups. 30-40reps.

The result is quite amazing so far. I now weigh 65kg, meaning I've added 6kg in 4months, with nice biceps and all.

I added sit-ups 61days ago, 30-50reps, tho the little layer of fats in my belly do not want to remove, but I won't give up. grin grin

It was challenging the first week, my body was sour, that I couldn't do 150 pushups again after the first day, till day 9!

I have more confidence in myself now, looking at the mirror. I am also more fit and healthier.

You can achieve whatever you desire, if you put your mind to it. cool
That's the spirit man. Can you please share your nutrition plan so others can learn?

About the abs fat layer, it deals a lot with your nutrition. If you not eating right it wouldn't show right. Not only sit-ups, also do leg raises, that helps to burn the fat at the lower part of your abdomen (that's the hardest/last fat portion to burn). Crunches, bicycle crunch (this will help your side fat), and plank also helps.

How is the 'V' line at the lower abdomen coming? That shiit looks sexy to have. Keep it up.
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by niqqaclaimz(m): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2018
maberry:
These days when i lie down for my bench to begin work out
Then I go remember say my house rent done expire, all my moral and strength go just vanish undecided

Besides my landlord fit consider am rude say i dey owe am house rent yet my chest dey big everyday
embarassed

Lol..I know the feeling.
But you can still hustle and keep fit
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by niqqaclaimz(m): 3:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
IamPlato:

Please What Are The Most Effective ways to Build six Packs

Check this 2 article out.
It will help yu out.

http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/3-easy-steps-to-get-a-six-pack-abs/

http://www.dietfitelt.com.ng/7-six-pack-abs-workout-you-should-be-doing/

Make sure you read the both.
From the first one to the second..
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Pentools(m): 5:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
Thecassanova:

I eat light with less mass before gym cos digestion from food takes longer, so the necessary protein would've been ready for the muscle use during or immediately after gym. This is essential since I don't take supplement that easily makes protein available to the body. Besides, you need energy to effectively gym. You wouldn't perform optimally and push yourself enough if you weak.

Enough Fried egg is good. You can fry two whole eat, and boil one then remove the yolk before eating. Besides you can buy egg white that doesn't have yolk. You can mix or take raw whichever way you like, protein is still protein.

Obrigado...
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Pchizy: 12:23am On Jun 12, 2018
one4GOD:

It doesn't cause any problem. Even done during pregnancy, but shouldn't exceed first trimester.
This is due to back pain, low blood pressure and dizziness. So, after 3 months into preg, resort to other forms of exercise that aids pregnancy
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Emmyk(m): 8:58am On Jun 12, 2018
Thecassanova:

That's the spirit man. Can you please share your nutrition plan so others can learn?

About the abs fat layer, it deals a lot with your nutrition. If you not eating right it wouldn't show right. Not only sit-ups, also do leg raises, that helps to burn the fat at the lower part of your abdomen (that's the hardest/last fat portion to burn). Crunches, bicycle crunch (this will help your side fat), and plank also helps.

How is the 'V' line at the lower abdomen coming? That shiit looks sexy to have. Keep it up.

About the nutrition part, I just eat the normal food I've been eating in the past, no special diet. I eat 3 times in a day, meat, eggs, fruits, vegetables, etc.

I think consistency with the exercise helped me add muscles and not necessarily what I eat.

But you are absolutely right about the abs layer fat, I believe it needs a nutrition which I'm not giving it. I eat heavy food in the night most times. grin - Amala, semo, wheat, pounded yam, eba. I don't think consistency works here if you are not eating right.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll include the leg raise exercise.

The 'V' shape at my lower abdomen? I've been like this for years now, the abs only show when I suck in my stomach, I took this picture 15 months ago and I'm still pretty much the same, today.

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Mztitovina(f): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2018
I dnt wnna talk abt dis b4 buh i havf to
Mny of yu decided mny gals boobs r big bcus she *gave* guys to touch it often
So it bcums big ad soft enfu 4 it to fall
Well daris smt yu wanna know
Aw abt some tins yu dnt know
Havf yu ever research ani oda reason
Of course not
Breast lumps
Reserch on it
Millions of gals in dis world got operated to remove it
Cus it leads to breast cancer
Bcus of aw ignorant mny pple are
D lumps z discoverd late
Wen it becums big ad heavy
So d boobs becums big ad slaggin
Ad operations are done
Nt all gals yu tink havf big boobs bcus of *touch*
Mny had lumps
Weda it ws big or small b4 it ws discovered
Yu cannur jus conclude evry big boobs lady z a slut or LovePeddler
Mny r evn ashame to show deir boobs to deir mums cus of d ugly scar
Evry single lady hvf diffrnt tin dey r going tru insde
Buh chse 2 keep it cus dey dnt wnna b blasted or embrassed
Scars r nt sumtin to b proud of
but dey di nt chose dah life
Dey di nt chse to havf lumps in deir boobs
Dey di nt chse to get operated on deir boobs
Dey di nt chse to havf fallen boobs
Dey di nt chse to havf big boobs
Jus stop concluding ad discriminatimg
It has killd mny gals
Ad it still gnna kill if dis continue
yu guys reli nid 2 stop concluding ad start saving lives

To all of d gals who had breast lumps or still have
I wish us all long life with no cancer

Share to save draining souls
God bless
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Makschinchin: 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
maberry:
These days when i lie down for my bench to begin work out
Then I go remember say my house rent done expire, all my moral and strength go just vanish undecided

Besides my landlord fit consider am rude say i dey owe am house rent yet my chest dey big everyday
embarassed

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by Colb461: 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
pls outline ur diet meal's ?
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:54am On Jun 13, 2018
Thecassanova:

No, Just Natural food.

I made sure I eat lots of Protein. Chicken (Breast especially, gizzard, liver), eggs, and lean beef did the trick. At least 3 eggs per day, the whitish part is total protein. In a egg you get 6g protein so I take 3. But take only 2 yolk cos of cholesterol.

Basically to gain more muscles mass I made sure I ate X2 protein of my body mass, so I weighed 87kg then so I ate 174grams of protein per day. This distributed in like 5-7 meals per day. I eat late again at night shortly before sleeping too to enable the building up overnight, even when I wake at midnight to pee I find wheat bread or chicken to chew. I Stopped eating white bread, just brown bread and oats. Rice, veges, spag, beans also helps.

Taking 174g/P through food alone seems hard, you lose appetite sometimes but you just need to force yourself. Working all-round the gym wouldn't help if nutrition is lagging.

Nice one bro
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2018
Thecassanova:

No, Just Natural food.

Nice one bro..
Stay massive
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:56am On Jun 13, 2018
Thecassanova:

No, Just Natural food.

Nice one bro
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by one4GOD(f): 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2018
Freethought:

Sit ups will not affect your chances of getting pregnant. Well if anything, it can even help you out since you are being healthy and active. The only time excercise is not good is when you are overdoing it
thank you very much cos I had really been worried and concerned regarding this, that I almost wanted to stop, but that is d best and effective exercise that tightens my belly fat. thanks again.
Re: How To Keep Up With Fitness Lifestyle When You Have Such A Busy Lifestyle by chrisha147: 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
It seems difficult to keep oneself fit in the busy routine, but still, there are opportunities to help out. In this situation, a recumbent exercise bike is quite helpful and you don't need to go out. You can do the workout at home and keep your fit and fresh.

The recumbent bike is a good way to carry out the sustained effectiveness of endurance training can. The recumbent bike provides a comfortable sitting position, in which training is conducted. Because of this, it is also easily possible to devote oneself to training regularly the special seat position set up interesting training, but on the other hand, contributes to the success of the training. The recumbent bike is therefore suitable especially for longer training very well, of course, the condition can be trained.

Different recumbent bike training programs can be performed. The recumbent bike has several programs stored in different stress levels. That way you can just grope your own load limits and increase the challenge forever. In addition, the resistance to the training device can of course also be individually adjusted to achieve the desired exposure level.

If you want to know more about the benefits of a recumbent exercise bike visit https://recumbentguide.com

All the best on your fitness journey! cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neem{dongoyaro} Health Benefit / How true is WHO statistics on Hiv/Aids In Nigeria? / Can Whisky Terminate Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.