Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos (81748 Views)

Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / "Spirit Of Beersheba Sent Me To Seduce Catholic Priests In Amaruru, Imo" (VIDEO) / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by callimore(m): 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
This is a lie from the pit of hell!!!

The person who posted this did not do the needful in terms of due diligence.

He had argued that three priests died in but ended up with the mention of only one priest.

It is simple, this is am attempt to garner cheap popularity.
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by BenBradley(m): 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
The Catholic community in Igbo – Ukwu village, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State - has been thrown into mourning again after losing another parish priest to the cold hands of death. The deceased identified as Reverend Father Christopher Azolibe, was the Catholic parish priest of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church, the foremost Catholic community in Igbo-ukwu town.

Until his death Fr Azolibe also served as the Dean of the Igbo-ukwu Catholic Deanary and also Chairman of ICCPC.

Mixed feelings have continued to rise over the death of the priest as it was revealed that this is the third catholic priest to die this year 2108 after the Christian community in the town carried out a crusade that led to burning of shrines on December 29th, 2017. Their deaths were happened within a space of six months.

According to reports, the traditionalists in Igboukwu threatened a showdown with the Catholic Church earlier this year over the destruction of about 15 shrines and ancient artifacts in the community.

They specifically fingered Rev. Fr. Emmanuel Obimma (Ebube Muonso), the spiritual director of Holy Ghost Adoration Ministry, Uke for orchestrating the destruction during his December 29, 2017 crusade at Central Primary School Field, Igboukwu.

The traditionalists had received information that the priest was coming for community "cleansing" and had written to the Parish Priest of the host church, urging the parishioners to steer clear of their religious sites.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/catholic-priest-reverend-father-christopher-azolibe-dies-in-igboukwu.html
Doesn't matter if their powers were eclipsed, at least they died for what they believe in............REST IN PEACE reverends
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Sgwin: 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
I think it's only okija have shrines... haha
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 11, 2018
Donald95:
Is that not Alcohol in front of him??

Priest that is high on bear is that one priest.
Ur eye sha cheesy na beer be that o grin
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by YaksonFCA(m): 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2018
RIP
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Theophinio(m): 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
Purely coincidence
Actually it was Fr Ebube Muonso that pioneered the spiritual movement of purifying the village
Why is he still alive?
JESUS IS LORD
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by InvertedHammer: 11:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
The religious intolerance of Christians is at par with the muslims. The muslims abhor Christians at the same level that Christians hate traditionalists. Burning of churches? Burning of shrines? Can someone tell us the difference. It is a case of my way is the only way.

*/

2 Likes

Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Tsarpyth: 1:16am On Jun 12, 2018
You jst saw a caption and u think its right because of your blind hate for Catholics same things pastors go arnd doing to traditionalist. Oga get ur facts right before u get your self into trouble... Be guided
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by olowobaba10: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

The gods waited 6 months for him to apologise and rebuild the shrine, they appeared to him in dreams warning him to hearken unto them but he refused and kept shouting the name of a Jewish man-nailed god at them. The ultimatum passed and now he's dead, his man nailed god couldn't save him

Edit: A question to the Christians that hold the opinion about the deaths being coincidences, would you have held the same opinion if it were the other way around? I mean if it were the traditionalists that burned down a church and some start dying in the space of 6 months, I'm almost certain you won't, you'd even brag that it's proof your god is powerful and the traditionalists gods are powerless but now that this story doesn't fit your narrative its becomes a "coincidence", how convenient undecided

WERE YOU THERE WHEN YOUR SO CALLED gods APPEARED TO HIM?
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by hopefulLandlord: 10:03am On Jun 12, 2018
olowobaba10:

WERE YOU THERE WHEN YOUR SO CALLED gods APPEARED TO HIM?

I'm an atheist, I'm just using the Christian way of explaining such occurrence if it were the other way around against them
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by LordNicvuitton(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2018
Partaker:
Chai!! my own igboukwu?
R U from Igbo-Ukwu? I'm from NGO btw
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Barzinime(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2018
Guy you bad ooo.... grin
lol your eyes sharp o shocked
Donald95:
Is that not Alcohol in front of him??

Priest that is high on bear is that one priest.
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Barzinime(m): 11:10am On Jun 12, 2018
Even Jesus Christ said, do not test your Lord thy God.
God did not send them to destroy shrines, you dont go out looking for trouble & expect God to fight for you.
hopefulLandlord:

The gods waited 6 months for him to apologise and rebuild the shrine, they appeared to him in dreams warning him to hearken unto them but he refused and kept shouting the name of a Jewish man-nailed god at them. The ultimatum passed and now he's dead, his man nailed god couldn't save him

Edit: A question to the Christians that hold the opinion about the deaths being coincidences, would you have held the same opinion if it were the other way around? I mean if it were the traditionalists that burned down a church and some start dying in the space of 6 months, I'm almost certain you won't, you'd even brag that it's proof your god is powerful and the traditionalists gods are powerless but now that this story doesn't fit your narrative its becomes a "coincidence", how convenient undecided
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:24am On Jun 13, 2018
fvck jesus
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by FeelDeMusic: 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
sexdoll:
trouble dey im own

you come carry your own wahala go meet am.

e don shele na.

make una go burn down another shrine na.

una think say the gods of our forefathers no strong?

oyibo carry their stupid and useless religion come confuse our people come dey tell us say our own religion na idol worship.
Agreed and I'm a white chick from America. LOL
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by sexdoll: 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
FeelDeMusic:

Agreed and I'm a white chick from America. LOL

Hmmm... interesting.

So you even understand pidgin?
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by Oruemu(f): 10:41pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hiya angry
Re: Three Catholic Priests Die In Anambra Community After Burning Of Shrines. Photos by FeelDeMusic: 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
sexdoll:

Hmmm... interesting.

So you even understand pidgin?
Hehehe! Your comment made me smile. Yes I'm trying to understand day by day reading things here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Lines Up Bachelors In Church, Asks Single Ladies To Select For Marriage / Reverend Father Carrying Gun In Church (Photos) / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Free Food Restaurant Opens To The Public (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.