Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol (13975 Views)

Mojisola Adeyeye: It Costs Two Million Naira To Destroy A Container Of Tramadol / Man Dies After Consuming 1000mg Of Tramadol In Benue State / JSS Student Who Took 10 Tablets Of Tramadol Dies In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by OrientDailyNews: 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2018
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) says it has seized about 35 containers of imported tramadol, a recently banned medical substance at vari­ous ports in the country.
The Director General of the agency, Prof. Moji Adeyeye, who made the disclosure in Abuja on Sunday, said nine out of the seized containers of tramadol were re­leased to NAFDAC by the Nige­ria Custom Service (NCS)and had been destroyed.

“We are seriously working with the custom on this and each time they seize any container, they usu­ally invite us to come and see the containers with tramadol. So far, 35 containers were seized and only nine of them have been hand­ed over to NAFDAC which we have destroyed,” she said.

She, however, decried the delay by the custom in handing over the rest of the containers to her agency.
The NAFDAC boss stated that tramadol was a restricted drug but had been abused by Nigerian youths who use it without prescription.

According to Adeyeye, who is also a professor of pharmacolo­gy, the drug destroys children’s brain thereby threatening the future generation of the nation. She lauded the present admin­istration for placing an embargo on codeine, which she said, like tramadol, should only be given only by prescription as done in advanced country.

The director general said the agency was more determined and committed than ever to stem the menace of illicit and fake drugs in the country.

Meanwhile, the NAFDAC boss has disclosed that the agency had cleared backlog of 6,000 applica­tions for registration of products within six months.

Adeyeye, who took over as sub­stantive director general of NAF­DAC in November 2017, said the applications are mostly from water and food companies.

“During my advocacy visit to stakeholders, I was questioned by our clients on the delay in reg­istration of their products. Some of them told me that their applica­tions had been with NAFDAC for two years and nothing was done.

“I took up that challenge and gave a directive for the applications to be cleared within a stipulated time. I gave the directive that by April, all applications on water installations and food and other companies’ reg­istration should be cleared.

“We gave guidelines and deadline for the customers to meet and then in­volved other directorates in the agen­cy to get it done,’’ she explained.

According to her, under normal circumstances, the procedure for water or food registration takes 60 days while drugs registration takes about 120 days because of tests that are carried out.

Adeyeye added that to meet the service delivery aspect of the agency, a Quality Management System was introduced “for the benefit of our end users”.

“All my directors and other members of staff are now more efficient and effective than ever to ensure safety of Nigerians es­pecially in what they consume,’’ she said. (NAN)

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/nafdac-confiscates-containers-tramadol-clears/

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Mutemenot(m): 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nafdac 1 Aboki 0... Very soon them go find another Highness to replace Tramadol shocked

15 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2018
Expect riot soon in Kano and Ibadan. To them, this is religiously wrong on a number of levels.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 5:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
Why na?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by hacmond(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nice move.
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Giddymoney(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
35 containers shocked shocked shocked

I swear am not high, am just feeling sleepy

17 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by cyberpelumy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2018
Choiiiii

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by softmind24: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Good
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Oreofepeters: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
When You Have Unprotected Sex, You Start Seeing Strange Things.
Even Plate Numbers Will Be Like:
HIV654Q,
STD149G,
DIE980T.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Siki355(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Why na?
are you on a codeine diet
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by emeijeh(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Has anyone noticed that Namecheckers association of Nairaland are not as rock solid as they used to be?!

I wonder what happened
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by DrToche: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
good news
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by LazyNairalander(m): 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2018
Somebody's money is about to be burnt down.... Chai.
see my signature
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
Bokoharam tongue
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by kennisman(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
Again? Na Bubu pple go finish DS country. Hausas are motherfuckers. They are boko harram. Their leader is Bubu of Daura.
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by madone: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
Why 9
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
Siki355:

are you on a codeine diet
I pity for ur fada who nid it
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
i blame gals for this shit, they want a man who can pound for 50 mins non stop, instead of dem to manager our 5mins. boys go dey take tram go nak pussy smh. aboki dey take am to do hard job the rest dey take am to high . all of una dey mad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Yesbody: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2018
I don't understand, is it that the Tramadol is fake or what ?

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
grin
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Fesomu(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Devil's container
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Yesbody: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
Tramadol + Coca cola = 60mins nonstop

4 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by shamecurls(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2018
givan:
Expect riot soon in Kano and Ibadan. To them, this is religiously wrong on a number of levels.

Re you hungry

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
emeijeh:
Has anyone noticed that Namecheckers association of Nairaland are not as rock solid as they used to be?!

I wonder what happened

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by gurunlocker: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
I said it then that some miscreants will still try and find a way to import the banned drug.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Sirpaul(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
good one .....

buh the consumers right now

1 Share

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Olatundeblogs: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
My aboki will not like this
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by nabegibeg: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
OrientDailyNews:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) says it has seized about 35 containers of imported tramadol, a recently banned medical substance at vari­ous ports in the country.
The Director General of the agency, Prof. Moji Adeyeye, who made the disclosure in Abuja on Sunday, said nine out of the seized containers of tramadol were re­leased to NAFDAC by the Nige­ria Custom Service (NCS)and had been destroyed.

“We are seriously working with the custom on this and each time they seize any container, they usu­ally invite us to come and see the containers with tramadol. So far, 35 containers were seized and only nine of them have been hand­ed over to NAFDAC which we have destroyed,” she said.

She, however, decried the delay by the custom in handing over the rest of the containers to her agency.
The NAFDAC boss stated that tramadol was a restricted drug but had been abused by Nigerian youths who use it without prescription.

According to Adeyeye, who is also a professor of pharmacolo­gy, the drug destroys children’s brain thereby threatening the future generation of the nation. She lauded the present admin­istration for placing an embargo on codeine, which she said, like tramadol, should only be given only by prescription as done in advanced country.

The director general said the agency was more determined and committed than ever to stem the menace of illicit and fake drugs in the country.

Meanwhile, the NAFDAC boss has disclosed that the agency had cleared backlog of 6,000 applica­tions for registration of products within six months.

Adeyeye, who took over as sub­stantive director general of NAF­DAC in November 2017, said the applications are mostly from water and food companies.

“During my advocacy visit to stakeholders, I was questioned by our clients on the delay in reg­istration of their products. Some of them told me that their applica­tions had been with NAFDAC for two years and nothing was done.

“I took up that challenge and gave a directive for the applications to be cleared within a stipulated time. I gave the directive that by April, all applications on water installations and food and other companies’ reg­istration should be cleared.

“We gave guidelines and deadline for the customers to meet and then in­volved other directorates in the agen­cy to get it done,’’ she explained.

According to her, under normal circumstances, the procedure for water or food registration takes 60 days while drugs registration takes about 120 days because of tests that are carried out.

Adeyeye added that to meet the service delivery aspect of the agency, a Quality Management System was introduced “for the benefit of our end users”.

“All my directors and other members of staff are now more efficient and effective than ever to ensure safety of Nigerians es­pecially in what they consume,’’ she said. (NAN)

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/nafdac-confiscates-containers-tramadol-clears/

what year and period make una no dey lie for cheap publicity

which port was it shipped hrough
Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
grin grin grin... We dey Kamkpe grin grin grin
emeijeh:

I wonder what happened

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol by Roger3D(m): 5:11pm On Jun 11, 2018
Good news. I am 100% sure the owner of the container is an ibo man. Ibo and drugs na like 5 and 6

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Leader, Xi Jinping Pledges 1 billion Covid Vaccine Doses For Africa / How Do I Get Rid Of Unwanted Pregnancy. / US Widow Awarded $23.6bn Tobacco Payout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.