Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog - Why I Appreciate Nairaland Community - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog - Why I Appreciate Nairaland Community (928 Views)

List Of The Top 50 Poultry Farming Tips: / Topfeeds Awarded Nigeria’s Most Preferred Animal Feeds Brand 2018 / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog - Why I Appreciate Nairaland Community by knowledge4(m): 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
First, I appreciate the Almighty God for the His gift of life and health to me and for wisdom, knowledge and understanding which are by His grace.

Secondly, I appreciate the Nairaland community too for their patronage in terms of followership and readership which contributed immensely to the placement of my poultry blog in the league of the Top 50 Poultry Websites and Blogs in the World.

My poultry blog (first signature below) also known as Johnayodele’s blog is listed in the Top 50 Poultry Websites and Blogs in the World. The award ‘ Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog’ can be seen on the left in the blog pages and clicking on it takes one to the list of the Top and the Best 50 Poultry Blogs in the World.

The Top 50 were selected from among thousands of poultry blogs and among the many criterion used in the selection were quality content and consistency.

The bulk of the traffic which my poultry blog received came from Nairaland. Despite having virtually no traffic from Facebook and Twitter which many of the blogs in the Top 50 have, my poultry blog made the Top 50 on the strength of traffic coming mainly from Nairaland which is commendable.

Johnayodele’s poultry blog was set up in 2010 to educate and re-orientate Nigerians about how to set up a small chicken farm and to manage it with the barest minimum upset, with smiles and smile to the bank. Apparently, it is the only poultry blog in the Top 50 published by a Nigerian.
Re: Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog - Why I Appreciate Nairaland Community by DEBJOCH1(m): 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
Yes, I remembered you very well, back then I when I first started up my poultry farm in 2011, you were more of a mentor/ guardian to me, I appreciate your advice and guideline then, though I encountered a big problem that period which include management related issues, and my inability to be at the farm 24/7 as supposed, I lost my farm as a result of being an absentee farmer, even when I was at the verge of thinking of what to do with the remaining 700 birds out of the 1,100 layers I started with, I decided to sell them off, I contacted and informed you about my decision. You advised me on what to and I agreed to sell dem off, you volunteered to give me list of buyers, though I paid for consultancy fee then. What really amazed me most then, was that among the list of 3 bulk bird buyers you gave me, that was ad far back as 2012, I called just one of them, the buyer came and cleared almost the whole birds, though his price wasn't the best bargain i wished for then, but i had no choice than to accept it. I used the proceed I made from the sells in offsetting my already accumulated debt then. That was a big lost and eye opener to me, though I vowed never to go back to poultry farm , but if I will "in future" I made up my mind to make you my mentor. Happy to see your write up again after about 6 years or so.
Re: Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog - Why I Appreciate Nairaland Community by knowledge4(m): 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
Yes, I remembered you very well, back then I when I first started up my poultry farm in 2011, you were more of a mentor/ guardian to me, I appreciate your advice and guideline then, though I encountered a big problem that period which include management related issues, and my inability to be at the farm 24/7 as supposed, I lost my farm as a result of being an absentee farmer, even when I was at the verge of thinking of what to do with the remaining 700 birds out of the 1,100 layers I started with, I decided to sell them off, I contacted and informed you about my decision. You advised me on what to and I agreed to sell dem off, you volunteered to give me list of buyers, though I paid for consultancy fee then. What really amazed me most then, was that among the list of 3 bulk bird buyers you gave me, that was ad far back as 2012, I called just one of them, the buyer came and cleared almost the whole birds, though his price wasn't the best bargain i wished for then, but i had no choice than to accept it. I used the proceed I made from the sells in offsetting my already accumulated debt then. That was a big lost and eye opener to me, though I vowed never to go back to poultry farm , but if I will "in future" I made up my mind to make you my mentor. Happy to see your write up again after about 6 years or so.

Sir, I believe you were the farmer at Abeokuta whose 700 chickens were laying too poorly when they were older than 30 weeks, laying about 11 crates daily. Are you the one?
Re: Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog - Why I Appreciate Nairaland Community by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2018
No sir, mine was at Ijebu - Ode then.
Re: Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog - Why I Appreciate Nairaland Community by knowledge4(m): 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
DEBJOCH1:
No sir, mine was at Ijebu - Ode then.

I remember. Your farm was already distressed before you stumbled on my blog and called me.The chickens were not healthy and the feeding formulation was poor at the time.
Re: Awarded Top 50 Poultry Blog - Why I Appreciate Nairaland Community by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2018
knowledge4:

I remember. Your farm was already distressed before you stumbled on my blog and called me.The chickens were not healthy and the feeding formulation was poor at the time.
. You are right.

(1) (Reply)

MUSHROOM SPAWN / FARMING SEMINAR / Having Irrigation Challenges??? Talk To Us. / Check Out Wasiu Ayinde Marshall's Impressive Ijebu Ode Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.