Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,162 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 (9343 Views)

Nigerian Lady Uses Big Grammar In Application Letter For Sales Girl Job (Pix) / Massive Recruitment At Lidya Nigeria 2018 | Apply Now Before Deadline / Olam Nigeria 2018 Graduate Trainee Scheme Job Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 by 24hoursreporter: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2018
Paradigms are changing in the labor market and you have to adjust to these changes if you are a job seeker. Unlike the past, getting employment in Nigeria is not easy anymore. And your cover letter must distinguish you from the crowd, otherwise you may not even get an interview invite. However, this article will enlighten our readers on how to write cover letter for jobs in Nigeria 2018.

Read also: 5 Things To Sacrifice For Success In Business

You don’t need a soothsayer to know that there are jobs opportunities in Nigeria. But the opportunities available are very few compare to the thousands of job seekers out there.

The best way to have a competitive advantage in the labor market is to have a unique cover letter. Most people will tell you that you need to know somebody before you can get a job in Nigeria, this is not true. If your CV and cover letter is impressive, you are a step further than other applicants.

What Companies Are Looking For In A Cover Letter

Most job seekers have a wrong impression about Cover letter. To them, writing a very good cover letter is difficult. However, this is not true, cover letter are really easy to write, especially if you know what to do.

Furthermore, a cover letter should be very brief and concise. Don’t write unnecessary details. Keep it as simple as possible.

When the concept of cover letter was first introduced in the labor market, during 1950s, detailed information was required. During this time, it was a perfect opportunity for job seekers then to give detail information about their experience, personality and skills.

However, with the emergence of social media platforms, your personality and identity can easily be seen online. And you don’t need to write up to 350 words for your cover letter anymore.

So, your focus should be your qualification, communication skills, and learn to use the right choice of words. This will definitely land you an interview. Remember, attending an interview is a step closer to getting a job.

Tips On How To Write Cover Letter For jobs in Nigeria

Remember, you don’t know the person that will read your cover letter. And it must create a good impression about you to be qualified for an interview invitation. So, what is the best approach to use?

As a rule, your the tone on your cover letter should suggest that you are humble and confident. In other words, be passionate about the position you are applying for, humble about your career achievement while sounding very confident about your skills. Furthermore, it should have the background of a formal letter but brief and concise.

Ideally, a cover letter should have the following information, otherwise, it is incomplete.

The cover letter must contain the contact’s address of the applicant. Also, there should be date at the top right corner of the letter.

It should also contain the recruiter’s address. The address is a step below the date at the left hand corner of the writing sheet.

Applicants should sound both with humility and confidence. Always use the right choice of words and good grammar.

State clearly what you can do for the company

Let the employer know why you are qualified for the job and why you should be invited for an interview. Also, stress on how the role can help you build your career.

Common Mistakes to Avoid in Cover letter

Knowing the tips on how to write cover letter for jobs in Nigeria is not enough to land you your dream job. You still have to avoid some common mistakes. Some of these mistakes are;

Don’t use the same cover letter for every job

The cover letter should be both sided. In other words, don’t concentrate only on your experience, skills and personality alone. Also, consider what the employer wants.

As a rule, never emphasize on your weakness while writing your cover letter. Emphasize more on your strength.

Sample of Cover Letter for Jobs in Nigeria
For applicants to be able to apply the tips on how to write cover letter for jobs in Nigeria very well, the following cover letter sample will help.

John Benson,
10 Egbeda Road,
Lagos,
11th June, 2011.

The Human Resources Manager,
Dosh Interactive Limited,
Abuja.

Dear Sir,

I am applying for the position of Administrative Assitant with Dosh Interactive Limited
(DIL) based on the advertorial I saw online. I am a graduate of Business Management from Igbenedion University, Okada. This position is an ideal opportunity to contribute the skills I have gained from my professional experience, academic studies, and diverse background. I strongly belief in the Vision of Dosh Interactive to Make the world a better place with the use of technology. Thus, the reason for this application.

My organizational and communication skills are well demonstrated in my work experiences in nonprofit, corporate and student organization settings. Currently, I work with XYZ limited which shares similar responsibilities to the position at Dosh Interactive Limited. I provide administrative support, focusing on maintaining a contact database of local artists, creating a new filing system for the council and constructing e-mail campaigns. I have also worked at KPMG Audit Form, a corporate environment where attention to detail was essential when managing client files and proofreading financial statements.

As requested, I have enclosed my certifications, resume and three referees along with my application.

It is my earnest expectation that I get a heart warming reply and interview invitation.

Thank you.

Yours Faithfully,

John Benson

So, these are the tips on how to write cover letter for jobs in Nigeria. Implement them the next time you apply for job, and tell us the result.

Source 24hoursreporter.com

Cc

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like

Re: How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 by Shina500(m): 6:30pm On Jun 11, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Paradigms are changing in the labor market and you have to adjust to these changes if you are a job seeker. Unlike the past, getting employment in Nigeria is not easy anymore. And your cover letter must distinguish you from the crowd, otherwise you may not even get an interview invite. However, this article will enlighten our readers on how to write cover letter for jobs in Nigeria 2018.

Read also: 5 Things To Sacrifice For Success In Business

You don’t need a soothsayer to know that there are jobs opportunities in Nigeria. But the opportunities available are very few compare to the thousands of job seekers out there.

The best way to have a competitive advantage in the labor market is to have a unique cover letter. Most people will tell you that you need to know somebody before you can get a job in Nigeria, this is not true. If your CV and cover letter is impressive, you are a step further than other applicants.

What Companies Are Looking For In A Cover Letter

Most job seekers have a wrong impression about Cover letter. To them, writing a very good cover letter is difficult. However, this is not true, cover letter are really easy to write, especially if you know what to do.

Furthermore, a cover letter should be very brief and concise. Don’t write unnecessary details. Keep it as simple as possible.

When the concept of cover letter was first introduced in the labor market, during 1950s, detailed information was required. During this time, it was a perfect opportunity for job seekers then to give detail information about their experience, personality and skills.

However, with the emergence of social media platforms, your personality and identity can easily be seen online. And you don’t need to write up to 350 words for your cover letter anymore.

So, your focus should be your qualification, communication skills, and learn to use the right choice of words. This will definitely land you an interview. Remember, attending an interview is a step closer to getting a job.

Tips On How To Write Cover Letter For jobs in Nigeria

Remember, you don’t know the person that will read your cover letter. And it must create a good impression about you to be qualified for an interview invitation. So, what is the best approach to use?

As a rule, your the tone on your cover letter should suggest that you are humble and confident. In other words, be passionate about the position you are applying for, humble about your career achievement while sounding very confident about your skills. Furthermore, it should have the background of a formal letter but brief and concise.

Ideally, a cover letter should have the following information, otherwise, it is incomplete.

The cover letter must contain the contact’s address of the applicant. Also, there should be date at the top right corner of the letter.

It should also contain the recruiter’s address. The address is a step below the date at the left hand corner of the writing sheet.

Applicants should sound both with humility and confidence. Always use the right choice of words and good grammar.

State clearly what you can do for the company

Let the employer know why you are qualified for the job and why you should be invited for an interview. Also, stress on how the role can help you build your career.

Common Mistakes to Avoid in Cover letter

Knowing the tips on how to write cover letter for jobs in Nigeria is not enough to land you your dream job. You still have to avoid some common mistakes. Some of these mistakes are;

Don’t use the same cover letter for every job

The cover letter should be both sided. In other words, don’t concentrate only on your experience, skills and personality alone. Also, consider what the employer wants.

As a rule, never emphasize on your weakness while writing your cover letter. Emphasize more on your strength.

Sample of Cover Letter for Jobs in Nigeria
For applicants to be able to apply the tips on how to write cover letter for jobs in Nigeria very well, the following cover letter sample will help.

John Benson,
10 Egbeda Road,
Lagos,
11th June, 2011.

The Human Resources Manager,
Dosh Interactive Limited,
Abuja.

Dear Sir,

I am applying for the position of Administrative Assitant with Dosh Interactive Limited
(DIL) based on the advertorial I saw online. I am a graduate of Business Management from Igbenedion University, Okada. This position is an ideal opportunity to contribute the skills I have gained from my professional experience, academic studies, and diverse background. I strongly belief in the Vision of Dosh Interactive to Make the world a better place with the use of technology. Thus, the reason for this application.

My organizational and communication skills are well demonstrated in my work experiences in nonprofit, corporate and student organization settings. Currently, I work with XYZ limited which shares similar responsibilities to the position at Dosh Interactive Limited. I provide administrative support, focusing on maintaining a contact database of local artists, creating a new filing system for the council and constructing e-mail campaigns. I have also worked at KPMG Audit Form, a corporate environment where attention to detail was essential when managing client files and proofreading financial statements.

As requested, I have enclosed my certifications, resume and three referees along with my application.

It is my earnest expectation that I get a heart warming reply and interview invitation.

Thank you.

Yours Faithfully,

John Benson

So, these are the tips on how to write cover letter for jobs in Nigeria. Implement them the next time you apply for job, and tell us the result.

Source 24hoursreporter.com

Cc

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

This is more of an application letter not cover letter
Re: How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2018
Must my complementary closure be at the right or left? I discover some persons accept left hand while in school I was taught right hand.
Re: How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 by 24hoursreporter: 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Must my complementary closure be at the right or left? I discover some persons accept left hand while in school I was taught right hand.

The right hand is now old style bro. Most complementary closures are now in left Sir
Re: How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 by freeDR(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
Please, what differentiates a cover letter from an application letter?
Re: How To Write Cover Letter For Jobs In Nigeria 2018 by Bestnigeriabusi(m): 6:35am On Jan 02, 2021
We will be discussing a whole lot about cover letter. So what is  this document called cover letter? It is a letter that accompanies your résumé and introduces you and your qualification to your potential employer. In the cover letter, you should state the position your are applying for and why you are qualified for the job.

THE PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF A COVER LETTER

Everytime you sit down to write a cover letter, ask yourself the following questions: Why am I writing this letter? Believe it or not, your answer will certainly be same to ask for in an interview. Bottom line, there is no need to forward your résumé and cover letter other than to as for an interview.

https://www.recruitmentgurus.com.ng/cover-letter-writing-approach-and-formats/

(1) (Reply)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Back To Work? Keep These 5 Tips In Your Mind To Help You Get Better (pic) / Pharmacy As Second Degree Or Msc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.