Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

I Am Done With Airtel! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Am Done With Airtel! (3547 Views)

How Do I Speak With Airtel Customer Care Agent? / How To Download Files Above 15mb With Airtel Opera Mini Social Bundle Data Plan / My Bitter Experience With Airtel Unlimited 20 Data Plan... How Airtel Blocked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by paulalasiri: 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
I approached the customer care in Ibadan here and they were very friendly and i have gotten such messages again since then

FoolishBoy419:
I am really angry right now. Yesterday was the 3rd time airtel activated some services on my line and charged for it. Each time i call to complain to the customer care line the usual response is to cancel the unwanted service without at least apologizing for the umfair charges.

This same thing happened yesterday. i was innocently enjoying my night browsing when i recieved a text message congratulating me for subscribing to students club service... something that i dont know and dont care about. i have also been constantly recieving error message telling me that "BusinessInsider Weekly could not be activated due to insufficient balance" as if i asked for it. If i need any business tips there are thousands of blogs and books and i can read with my data. And when i called the useless attendant was telling me that there is nothing like that. Meaning that i have become a liar for complaining about being unfairly charged.

I even went further to complain to them on facebook but still no response. They are simply telling me to go to hell.

mynd44
lalasticlala
seun
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
paulalasiri:
This is not true

What do you mean? That i will just make this up because i am jobless? even when others are corroborating my complaint you are here denying. You are probably a staff
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by alex81(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
ryfoz:

Selected SIMs like mine has 100% data bonus for specific plans, I have the one of 200 naira to 3k

They also have 1.5GB regular data + 3GB YouTube pack (12am - 5am)

Their normal 1k is 1k for 1 5GB

Though glo 1k is capped 2GB (for auto-renewed plans ONLY), 9mobile is capped 1k for 1GB

MTN is capped at 1GB + 500MB (1am - 7am) for 1k

Airtel still has some double recharge packages that can be used to call, text and browse which are pretty cool if you calculate it well (Voice + Data)

Airtel trybe still has trybe N500 for 1GB weekly as well as the Almighty N25/500MB which is still available to all old and new existing customers that are on the smart trybe 2.0

PS: I am not an airtel ambassador o, their line just favouring me at the moment and I am just sharing the experience.

I may switch soon when I get a 4G device

Selected undecided

I use an old sim. I enjoy non of dz benefits.
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by San2ski(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
ryfoz:

grin grin student club

Don't port yet, airtel has the cheapest data right now

To solve your problem once and for all

Send STOP to 2442

Bro please what code can I use on GLO, they're dealing with worse than this guy
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Chukazu: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
FoolishBoy419:
I am really angry right now. Yesterday was the 3rd time airtel activated some services on my line and charged for it. Each time i call to complain to the customer care line the usual response is to cancel the unwanted service without at least apologizing for the umfair charges.

This same thing happened yesterday. i was innocently enjoying my night browsing when i recieved a text message congratulating me for subscribing to students club service... something that i dont know and dont care about. i have also been constantly recieving error message telling me that "BusinessInsider Weekly could not be activated due to insufficient balance" as if i asked for it. If i need any business tips there are thousands of blogs and books and i can read with my data. And when i called the useless attendant was telling me that there is nothing like that. Meaning that i have become a liar for complaining about being unfairly charged.

I even went further to complain to them on facebook but still no response. They are simply telling me to go to hell.

mynd44
lalasticlala
seun

How did you manage to call the customer care line, cause I know Airtel doesn't have a "human to human online real time customer service"?

It is computer generated responses
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by datblakboi: 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
Airtel get their issues sha but one thing I appreciate with them is their prompt response to situations, trust me compared to other telcos Airtel does better
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Palmerbarry: 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
Heemcelph:
I suffered same thing too, worst of it all was I ported from 9mobile to airtel. I realized most of these things activated on your line are from websites you visit, some websites would open a popup (a new tab) once you touch your screen and these things are mostly activated through these popups. A site like netnaija does that a lot. Turn on adblocker or visit such sites with a browser that doesn't support live pages like opera mini. I use opera mini each time I visit netnaija and no more popups, instead of a popup the service that activates such for you will be loaded on same page, you'd see it and have the option to ignore it unlike other browsers that will automatically activate it via popups.
Bro, forget websites. I had to get a new call sim bcuz of this issue last week. I was forced to recharge my line after registration which they gave me lots of bonus airtime. The sim was inside my java phone although that day to avoid illegal deductions. Later in the evening, an SMS came in, guess what - they've done it again. I didn't even browse the internet. These people are criminals and NCC should place a fine on them! All these happened on the 4th of this month. I'll update update with the SIM info.

*Modified*
Mobile number: 08026***910
S/N: 8923420036048199690

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
Chukazu:

How did you manage to call the customer care line, cause I know Airtel doesn't have a "human to human online real time customer service"?

It is computer generated responses

lol i got one after about 20 minutes pf waiting
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by walex1991(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
If they can't run this network again, they should just put it on olx...sell it

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
Me na porter ... My line don go round all the networks ... Airtel tied me down with double data (3gb for 1k) ... For now am faithful pending when they'll fú*k up ...
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
walex1991:

Just imagine. One cant comfortably keep money on his account again. Seun please help us move this to fp. does it have to be chiomas selfi or a snake topic?
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by press005: 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
Op, call their customer care, If that couldn't solve the problem, still call them again and again, It will be solved.
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Aldebaran(m): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Funny grin

Thieving Networks
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
alex81:

Selected undecided

I use an old sim. I enjoy non of dz benefits.

LOL grin

Don't be angry bro, it's random. I didn't even expect the bonus, mind you I also have old SIMs that are yet to get the 100% bonus....like I said it's random

But I recommend you try using it for night sub often den just abandon it after each night plan...

After a while leave it for like 2 months, then check it back you will probably be chosen...they usually dish it out to redundant lines

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
walex1991:

Just send STOP to 2442

That's all...
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
San2ski:

Bro please what code can I use on GLO, they're dealing with worse than this guy

Sorry boss, I don't really use my glo line that often...I don't even leave airtime on it as well.. I just load d exact amount of data I wanna buy, use it then remove it.
I think I left N25 on d line d last time it was still there as yesterday when re-inserted it on my phone for daily sub.

But I have not experienced any deductions like this on glo so I don't have a solution.
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ganie(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2018
The issue I have with Airtel now is because I have been on a 2G data subscription for a while, my line has remained on 2G even when I have made a normal subscription since over a week.
Hope somebody has a solution here,I have called their ignorant call centre agents with no resolution out of it.
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by walex1991(m): 4:23am On Jun 13, 2018
ryfoz:

Just send STOP to 2442

That's all...
This shiii doesn't work. You just gave them permission to continue deducting it silently
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Matex(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2018
I have thesame issue with my AIRTEL sim
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by ryfoz(m): 8:09am On Jun 13, 2018
walex1991:

This shiii doesn't work. You just gave them permission to continue deducting it silently

Ok
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by Tunde1986: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2018
Yes, Airtel still remains the best, other networks like MTN and 9 Mobile still do the same. just use the codes for DO NOT DISTURB
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by FoolishBoy419: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
Tunde1986:
Yes, Airtel still remains the best, other networks like MTN and 9 Mobile still do the same. just use the codes for DO NOT DISTURB

I have done it now. I will try load #100 again if they do that nonsense again i will simply borrow like #500, use it up and throw the sim card away
Re: I Am Done With Airtel! by lorddickson: 8:23am On Jun 30, 2018
Airtel Do Not Disturb will solve your nightmares. This page explains more https://telcoinsider.com/ng-en/news/stop-airtel-promotional-messages/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Guys I Need Help On Whatsapp Issues!!!! / Best Power Bank To Buy With 10k / Out Of Tpage Increase Using(gx)numtpage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.