Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,978 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) (17124 Views)

Foundation Jupeb Application Form 2021/2022 Unilag Admission Programe / ATBU Postgraduate (PG) Admission Form For 2021/2022 Master Programe / WASSCE: Call Meeting Of West African Nations, WAEC – Afenifere Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by latestupdate: 8:55am On Jun 12, 2018
Deadline: June 30, 2018

World Health Organization (WHO) opens their call for internship program to enlarge your knowledge and experience in health sector, and to contribute to the public health improvement, Internship program is the time to explore yourself and to prepare your capacity for the future career path.

Objectives of the program:
The objectives of the internship programme are to:

1. Provide a framework for assigning postgraduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to WHO programmes that can enhance their educational experience through practical assignments.
2. Expose students to the work of WHO.
3. Provide WHO programmes with input from students specializing in various fields. Most students are placed in health-related programmes, although other disciplines can be considered as appropriate such as communication, external relations or human resources.
4. The duration of WHO internships is between six to twenty four weeks depending on the needs of the WHO technical unit and the intern’s availability.

To be qualified, you need to:

You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application.

You are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they start the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).

You have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing (bachelor’s level or equivalent) the assignment.

You possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field.

You are not related to a WHO staff member (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father).

You are fluent at least in one of the working language of the office of assignment.

You have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme.

Candidates from across the world are invited to express interest in specific areas of work and organizational locations (regional offices, country offices or headquarters).

All applications should be made through the Global Vacancy Notice posted on the WHO Careers site using the WHO corporate recruitment system (Stellis).

For Application Process and more information, please click here

https://ukaid.org/2018/06/11/who-internhip-programe-2018/

Also Read the 10 Reasons why your Scholarship applications will fail..

https://ukaid.org/2018/06/09/scholarship-applications-10-reasons-why-yours-will-fail/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Wapgod(m): 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
A commendable initiative.
If you meet the conditions,apply.
Will look good on your CV and will impart skills,experience and knowledge to you.
-------------------
MODIFIED
-------------------
smile

4 Likes

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by shams040(m): 9:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
That guy above me, what network are you using?

Anyway check my signature
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by qanda: 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
Good opportunity
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by opsyswagger(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
OK. I didicate this space. To. All the... bad blogger giving us fake news....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Nonnyflex(m): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ok
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by MartinCorridon: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
I know about the internship.

Sorry you have to be more than comfortable to do it

Cost of living in Switzerland is very high and WHO doesn't pay interns.

They would train you, but you are solely responsible for your living costs

But of course...it's highly prestigious and would help in your C.V if building a career in Public Health

Check West African Health Organization's YPIP programme... The World Bank's YPP and The African Development Bank Young Professional Programme (YPP) if you wanna get paid. I did one of them.

But competition is super fierce. Good luck!

8 Likes

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
shams040:
That guy above me, what network are you using?

Anyway check my signature

1 Like

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Krafty006: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
opportunity ...... I make all types of bags , school bags, women fashion bags, Ankara bags, lunch packs, purse , souvenirs etc . Contact : 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6.
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by okwabayi(m): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
I've applied for this thing along with five of my friends multiple times over the years. No show at all. They not only ignore someone but even a rejection letter is too hard for them to send.

4 Likes

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by amansi(m): 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nice one. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Siberia01(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
K
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
grin grin
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
grin grin grin
opsyswagger:
OK. I didicate this space. To. All the... bad blogger giving us fake news....

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Onomegoodhair: 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
What kind of wahala is this na? I'm only 23, graduated 4years ago.. And I still can't apply for this?
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by CSTR1003: 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
okwabayi:
I've applied for this thing along with five of my friends multiple times over the years. No show at all. They not only ignore someone but even a rejection letter is too hard for them to send.
lol

In this kind of thing, competition is always very high.

You would be surprised that even people high up in the Nigerian health sector with loads of experience and proficiency will apply.

Don't take it personally.

4 Likes

Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
THE PROGRAM WEY BE SAY NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA CANDIDATE WHY DISTURBING OURSELVES... NEXT TOPIC PLS
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Gmajor(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2018
GURUGRAPHICS:
nice development grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, guys are you bored and in need of some entertainment?
then kindly add me on skype for a video chat session wink wink
my username is Isabel okoh.
serious buyers only please undecided!!
Buyers? What are you selling?
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by naturefellow(m): 10:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
GURUGRAPHICS:
nice development grin grin grin grin

meanwhile, guys are you bored and in need of some entertainment?
then kindly add me on skype for a video chat session wink wink
my username is Isabel okoh.
serious buyers only please undecided!!
want are you selling on skype, biko... adult entertainment?
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Dollabiz: 1:19am On Jun 13, 2018
hmm
Re: WHO Internhip Programe 2018 (west African Inclusive) by Dafreeguy(m): 6:47am On Jun 13, 2018
okwabayi:
Lol..funny

(1) (Reply)

Meet NOUN Best Graduating Student 2018 / How To Register For JAMB 2018 (Step By Step) / Apply For TY Danjuma MBA Scholarship For African Students 2018/2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.