Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,663 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention (12484 Views)

Tech Expert Offers Cash And Sponsorship To Disgraced NOUN Law Graduate / NOUN Law Graduates Write Buhari, May Opt For Mass Protest Over Delay Into Law Sc / Fresh Hope For NOUN Law Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by flexyrule(m): 8:00am On Jun 13, 2018
nymphomaniac:
What the NOUN people know they are learning? They should leave professional courses out of their curriculum. I am in support of the CLE stand.
Please what is so professional about law again that one cannot study through distant learning?
It is that law students now carryout surgeries?

1 Like

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by aribisala0(m): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2018
flexyrule:
It is typical of a blackman to look for ways of discriminating, segregating, stigmatizing, ridicule and make lesser of one's achievements. We are always looking for ways to prove the unworthiness of other people's significance and efforts, even without giving them a try.
That's why we keep hearing of useless battles of supremacy and internal competitions/crises like the B.Sc/HND, NMA/JOHESU, Public/private universities, B.ENG/B.TECH, Public/private university law awarding institutions/NOUN graduates etx.

We always fail to recognize the skills and potentials inherent in an individual, rather we focus on paper as a means of satisfying our greed and ego. And with all the so-called battle for supremacy, what exactly has the black man invented and contributed to global learning?
We only become superstars when we leave this cursed, greed-filled, pull-the-other-man-down God forsaken geographical location.

We need to learn to see the best in everyone and everything anyone has to offer, else why do you think a whole UNESCO would give a $340,000 grant to a Zambian university to support the safeguard of the practice of witchcraft? I even read that the first intake of 20 “Witches” have been accepted into the University, to study witchcraft.

If it were here now, we would have had a new dimension for discrimination.
Are you a black man?

Say what you have to say without denigrating black people. It is gratuitous and irrelevant. It is lazy thinking

If you have issues of inferiority then deal with them.

The issue of witchcraft you mention is not only irrelevant it does not have any coherence with whatever it is that you are trying to say.

White folk have so many problems too. Today they may be more developed but it has nothing to do with their whiteness

If you study history you will know that white folk were living in caves when the Egytian pyramids were built so there is no law that says we cannot overtake them.

What ails us is not blackness
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by TheUbermensch: 8:13am On Jun 13, 2018
post=68432760:
Hahahaha, this one vex wake up o. U wan chop free BBQ for dream, and dem no give u? Sorry ooo!

Even with the money you receive monthly as per BMC, you still can't afford BBQ.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by nymphomaniac(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2018
flexyrule:
Please what is so professional about law again that one cannot study through distant learning?
It is that law students now carryout surgeries?
SMH. Law is as professional and sensitive as the study of medicine and surgery. Don't be myopic.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2018
Inricash:
Lols... Rubbish...

Small time national open university will start fighting to produce engineers , nurses and doctors behind the screen....

They better leave professional courses alone
This is myopic. Tell me why NOUN can't produce Engineers, nurses, doctors etc if they have the necessary approval from NUC? This is 21st century where you don't need to be confined to the four wall of a varsity before you learn.

2 Likes

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by aribisala0(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2018
nymphomaniac:
SMH. Law is as professional and sensitive as the study of medicine and surgery. Don't be myopic.
Answer the question.

What is so "PROFESSIONAL" about it instead of throwing around words .

Sensitive? What do you mean by that?

Myopic?? Do you know the meaning of the word.

It is wise to form the habit of thinking BEFORE speaking.

Before Independence We had no law school and for many years no university in Nigerria offered law. Many of our pioneer lawyers studied law by correspondence courses and then travelled afterwards to the UK to be called to the Bar..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by aribisala0(m): 8:43am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

This is myopic. Tell me why NOUN can't produce Engineers, nurses, doctors etc if they have the necessary approval from NUC? This is 21st century where you don't need to be confined to the four wall of a varsity before you learn.
They probably could produce doctors one day but not in the current format.

Doctors have to do a lot of practical work which does require "four walls" or infrastructure and access to equipment, laboratories and Hospitals.

If one wants to get a driving licence or a pilot licence then one must train in a car or plane.

If the NOUN invests in those things then the question of its "OPENNESS" is called into question.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 8:46am On Jun 13, 2018
aribisala0:
They probably could produce doctors one day but not in the current format.

Doctors have to do a lot of practical work which does require "four walls" or infrastructure and access to equipment, laboratories and Hospitals.

If one wants to get a driving licence or a pilot licence then one must train in a car or plane.

If the NOUN invests in those things then the question of its "OPENNESS" is called into question.
Did you read where I said necessary approval from NUC? They won't be licensed to offer Medicine and surgery without those infrastructures you mentioned.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by flexyrule(m): 8:48am On Jun 13, 2018
aribisala0:
Are you a black man?

Say what you have to say without denigrating black people. It is gratuitous and irrelevant. It is lazy thinking

If you have issues of inferiority then deal with them.

The issue of witchcraft you mention is not only irrelevant it does not have any coherence with whatever it is that you are trying to say.

White folk have so many problems too. Today they may be more developed but it has nothing to do with their whiteness

If you study history you will know that white folk were living in caves when the Egytian pyramids were built so there is no law that says we cannot overtake them.

What ails us is not blackness

Yes. Am a blackman!!!!!
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by flexyrule(m): 8:50am On Jun 13, 2018
nymphomaniac:
You did not answer my question.
Okay, let me rephrase it.
What is so professional about the "Nigerian law degree" that it cannot be acquired through distant learning?
Better
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by effty(m): 8:51am On Jun 13, 2018
aribisala0:
Answer the question.

What is so "PROFESSIONAL" about it instead of throwing around words .

Sensitive? What do you mean by that?

Myopic?? Do you know the meaning of the word.

It is wise to form the habit of thinking BEFORE speaking.

Before Independence We had no law school and for many years no university in Nigerria offered law. Many of our pioneer lawyers studied law by correspondence courses and then travelled afterwards to the UK to be called to the Bar..

The guy you quoted needs proper schooling. If only the study of history was integrated in our curriculum, we will have lesser useless comments
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by MrBigiman: 9:00am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

Did you read where I said necessary approval from NUC? They won't be licensed to offer Medicine and surgery without those infrastructures you mentioned.

They run nursing degrees currently. Yet Nurses want to be at par with Medical Doctors. Only in Nigeria.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 13, 2018
aribisala0:
Why subject them to test? Would they not write exams at the Law School?

Do we subject those coming with UK degrees to tests?

My question is WHY

Nigeria has a long history going back nearly a hundred years of distance learning in Law.
my brother wetin you wan make I talk? E tire me oo.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by eezeribe(m): 9:06am On Jun 13, 2018
Inricash:
Lols... Rubbish...

Small time national open university will start fighting to produce engineers , nurses and doctors behind the screen....

They better leave professional courses alone
Don't mind those NOUN illiterates...
School that admits people without entrance examination...
School that tells students what to read for exam...
School that students don't show up until during exam...
They don't deserve to attend law school or go for NYSC...
Since they chose the easy way out for tertiary education, they should deal with the consequences.
They shouldn't eat their cakes and have it...
All the NOUN undergraduates and graduates that would start sweating on my post, go and write jamb and go to school.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by aribisala0(m): 9:13am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

Would it still be an OPEN university when all of that happens?

What is the definition of Open Univversity

I did read where you said "FOUR WALLS" are not necessary

So when we start getting all these infrastructure necessary for the licencse would they have THREE WALLS?
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 9:16am On Jun 13, 2018
MrBigiman:

They run nursing degrees currently. Yet Nurses want to be at par with Medical Doctors. Only in Nigeria.
Who is talking about Nurses and Medical Doctors being at par here undecided? I wonder what you will do if they start running Medicine and surgery at NOUN?

1 Like

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2018
aribisala0:
Would it still be an OPEN university when all of that happens?

What is the definition of Open Univversity

I did read where you said "FOUR WALLS" are not necessary

So when we start getting all these infrastructure necessary for the licencse would they have THREE WALLS?
I got to know that they run Nursing programs and there's no study center that has the required facilities. What they did was to affiliate to a nearby teaching hospital. The same can be done for Medicine.

For the definition of Open University, probably this link would be of help
https://www.helsinki.fi/en/open-university/open-university/what-is-the-open-university
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 9:26am On Jun 13, 2018
Check our signature and call us or click the WhatsApp chat link to chat us DIRECTLY - 08027390046
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by aribisala0(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

I got to know that they run Nursing programs and there's no study center that has the required facilities. What they did was to affiliate to a nearby teaching hospital. The same can be done for Medicine.

https://www.helsinki.fi/en/open-university/open-university/what-is-the-open-university
What do mean by "Nursing programme"? Do they offer Bsc Nursing?

Medicine is not Nursing .
Like I said they require Laboratories.

Medical students spend 2 or 3 years doing Basic medical sciences before proceeding to a Teaching Hospital setting

I asked you the definition because I am interested in your thinking behind your remarks.

I can find links if I need them

The point is what is it that makes one university open and another not open?
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by MrBigiman: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

Who is talking about Nurses and Medical Doctors being at par here undecided? I wonder what you will do if they start running Medicine and surgery at NOUN?

Not possible even in 100yrs. U can't study Medicine by proxy. A Medical School must have or partner with a teach hospitals where students do daily rotations, including Night calls. Medical students do Didacttic lectures and don't run semesters unlike any other course. Thus, Medicine can not be run on a part-time basis.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by MrBigiman: 9:49am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

The earlier we know that nursing is not a professional course the better for us. A history graduate can travel to US and without any prior science background do a one year program and be certified as a nurse. If u are looking for examples, then ask Regina Askia, Dekunle Fuji etc. In Nigeria we want to make our courses 7yrs and start claiming unfounded entitlement. When u go abroad u are regarded less than those who did BSC nursing for 3yrs.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 10:33am On Jun 13, 2018
MrBigiman:

The earlier we know that nursing is not a professional course the better for us. A history graduate can travel to US and without any prior science background do a one year program and be certified as a nurse. If u are looking for examples, then ask Regina Askia, Dekunle Fuji etc. In Nigeria we want to make our courses 7yrs and start claiming unfounded entitlement. When u go abroad u are regarded less than those who did BSC nursing for 3yrs.
Guy, why are you pursuing me around with this nursing issue? You so much cherish putting others down to get to the top. You are a medical doctor, and so bloody what? Guess you are the first person who will go to the University in your family? You and your lots want other medical professionals to be perpetually at your beck and call. Their desire to seek professional advancement in their chosen career is giving you guys sleepless nights and you have resorted to blackmailing them. Tell, me what did our Nurses, Pharmacists, Lab scientists, etc do to you? How is it your bloody concern if they so desire to spend eternity in pursing their aspirations?

Please, don't quote me again. I am not a nurse and I have gone too far from medical stuff. If you quote me again, I will call those guys who disgraced in that your useless thread you opened to come and shame you openly.

3 Likes

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by MrBigiman: 10:48am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

Guy, why are you pursuing me around with this nursing issue? You so much cherish putting others down to get to the top. You are a medical doctor, and so bloody what? Guess you are the first person who will go to the University in your family? You and your lots want other medical professionals to be perpetually at your beck and call. Their desire to seek professional advancement in their chosen career is giving you guys sleepless nights and you have resorted to blackmailing them. Tell, me what did our Nurses, Pharmacists, Lab scientists, etc do to you? How is it your bloody concern if they so desire to spend eternity in pursing their aspirations?

Please, don't quote me again. I am not a nurse and I have gone too far from medical stuff. If you quote me again, I will call those guys who disgraced in that your useless thread you opened to come and shame you openly.

The truth make people go berserk, but I will stand by it. A nurse going to school for donkey year doesn't improve her bed making, injection give or chair arranging skills.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by femianski: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

azzin am already fed up with the guy
because he is a doc he feels on top of the world
who is he to be rubbishing other health professionals
is he the only doc in this world??
his mates has made it travelling outside the country getting additional degrees
PhD msc and the likes in the medical field he is still in Nigeria bullying other health professionals and doing local champion

5 Likes

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 10:57am On Jun 13, 2018
MrBigiman:

The truth make people go berserk, but I will stand by it. A nurse going to school for donkey year doesn't improve her bed making, injection give or chair arranging skills.
Whatever they do, there is dignity in labour. Let them use forever to learn the act of bed making, injection giving, bla bla bla, it is none of your fucking bastard business.

Btw, let me refute some of your hate-filled claims.

https://www.learnhowtobecome.org/nurse/registered-nurse/
https://study.com/requirements_to_be_a_nurse.html

1 Like

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 10:59am On Jun 13, 2018
femianski:

azzin am already fed up with the guy
because he is a doc he feels on top of the world
who is he to be rubbishing other health professionals
is he the only doc in this world??
his mates has made it travelling outside the country getting additional degrees
PhD msc and the likes in the medical field he is still in Nigeria bullying other health professionals and doing local champion
My broda, how are we sure that the nuisance is a doctor? May be he is one of those struggling to pass 1st clinical exam.

2 Likes

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by MrBigiman: 11:08am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

Whatever they do, there is dignity in labour. Let them use forever to learn the act of bed making, injection giving, bla bla bla, it is none of your fucking bastard business.

Btw, let me refute some of your hate-filled claims.

https://www.learnhowtobecome.org/nurse/registered-nurse/
https://study.com/requirements_to_be_a_nurse.html

U didn't read in ur link that theres an accelrated BSN program for any other graduate for just 18months? Some people do it in 12months and we are doing 5 ugly years just for civil service level.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 11:08am On Jun 13, 2018
MrBigiman:

Your hatred has blind-folded you to see the roles of nurses. Open the link and learn, you empty brain.
https://www.nursingtimes.net/roles/nurse-managers/the-nurses-role-in-hospital-ward-rounds/5056510.article
https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_are_the_most_important_responsibilities_of_nurses_in_hospitals_for_improvement_of_quality_of_care
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.28.4.w625

The 1st and the 3rd links are published journals. They were not taken from wikipedia that you always use to substantiate your claims.

Yeye dokita.

1 Like

Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 11:10am On Jun 13, 2018
MrBigiman:

U didn't read in ur link that theres an accelrated BSN program for any other graduate for just 18months? Some people do it in 12months and we are doing 5 ugly years just for civil service level.
You were blind to see the one that says they can even go for postgraduate studies. Guess they will use 2 days for that undecided? If you actually read the article and understood it, you would see it isn't easy as you claim.
You are full of hatred for other's progress. Learn to live and let others live.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by MrBigiman: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

Your hatred has blind-folded you to see the roles of nurses. Open the link and learn, you empty brain.
https://www.nursingtimes.net/roles/nurse-managers/the-nurses-role-in-hospital-ward-rounds/5056510.article
https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_are_the_most_important_responsibilities_of_nurses_in_hospitals_for_improvement_of_quality_of_care
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.28.4.w625

The 1st and the 3rd links are published journals. They were not taken from wikipedia that you always use to substantiate your claims.

Yeye dokita.

Bless u brother. I will keep saying the truth. Some the occurrences in Nigeria is laughable.
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by babajeje123(m): 11:34am On Jun 13, 2018
MrBigiman:

Bless u brother. I will keep saying the truth. Some the occurrences in Nigeria is laughable.
I laff. You see, your bubble has been deflated and so you wanna eat humble pie. Don't worry, one day, help will come from above for those you are despising. Then, you will be rightly placed where you belong.
Nonsense and ingredients...
Re: NOUN, Law School Conflict: NANS Commends Agf’s Intervention by MrBigiman: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2018
babajeje123:

I laff. You see, your bubble has been deflated and so you wanna eat humble pie. Don't worry, one day, help will come from above for those you are despising. Then, you will be rightly placed where you belong.
Nonsense and ingredients...

This is not the right place for this. It's laughable when a man claim he has no interest in the health sector, yet keeps seeking disjointed references to back a facade. I will work on a piece soon, you can bring ur baised arguments there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Names And Address Of The Nigeria Polytecnics / OAU Post Utme (saturday Candidates Results) / Maduka University Announces The First Batch Of Admission List.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.