Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,274 members, 7,836,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Melissa Ohden ;the Failed Abortion Survivor Whose Mum Thought She Was Dead - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Melissa Ohden ;the Failed Abortion Survivor Whose Mum Thought She Was Dead (372 Views)

Woman Who Thought She Had Kidney Stone, Gives Birth To Triplets / Kaduna hospital in search of family of boy whose Mum died in accident (Graphic) / Fibroid Removed From A Woman Who Thought She Was Pregnant (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melissa Ohden ;the Failed Abortion Survivor Whose Mum Thought She Was Dead by ojiezaky(m): 9:21am On Jun 12, 2018
In 1977, in a hospital in the US state of Iowa, Melissa’s 19-year-old teenage birth mother, walked into an abortion clinic expecting to walk out with her “problem” solved. She was to undergone an abortion using a toxic saline solution over five days to end the life of her baby.
Born at eight months and weighing less than three pounds (1.3kg), Melissa was placed among medical waste., until a nurse heard her weak cries and slight movements.

Melissa was rushed to an intensive care unit, where – against the odds – she survived.
Doctors thought she would be blind, and at one stage believed she had a fatal heart defect. But she has gone on to live a perfectly healthy life, being brought up by an adoptive family.

“I grew up knowing I’d been born prematurely, that I had been adopted,”
“What I didn’t know was that there was this great secret behind all of this. That I should have been delivered dead, and instead I was born alive.” Melissa Ohden, now 41, said.

Melissa said she only found out she was an abortion survivor when her sister in her adoptive family let it slip during an argument.
“You know Melissa, at least my biological parents wanted me,” she had shouted, without thinking.
Melissa said she was totally confused, but as the realisation kicked in – and she sat down with her adoptive parents – which lead to her depression
“I turned my pain upon myself,” she explains. “It was a lonely place.

“I developed an eating disorder, struggled with alcohol abuse. I didn’t want to be me.”

http://medfort.com.ng/melissa-ohden-the-failed-abortion-survivor-whose-mum-thought-she-was-dead/

(1) (Reply)

5 Effective Exercises To Pull In Your Stomach / I Need A Solution To A Consistence Body Itching And Body Scratch / An amazing Opportunity For all

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.