Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Corrupted Dbf File - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Corrupted Dbf File (833 Views)

Can't Find A .dbf File / How To Recover A Corrupted Dbf File? / .dbf Extension File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corrupted Dbf File by salamonlincoln: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
A corrupt dbf file gives this message when I try to open it: "Microsoft has stopped the process because you and another user are trying to change the same data at the same time."The message is obviously wrong, no other user can be. I really want to recover this database because it contains customer data. Please tell me how can I recover a Microsoft Access 2010 file format? :confused:
Re: Corrupted Dbf File by coveyangel: 11:28am On Jun 24, 2018
5. If the damage is in a table, and the previous steps have not recovered the table, try the following:
a. In Microsoft Access, export the table to an ASCII (delimited text) file. For more information view the topic "Export data or database objects." in Microsoft Access Help.
b. Delete any relationships associated with this table, and then delete the table from the database.
c. Compact the database.
d. Re-create the table and any relationships it had.
e. Using a word processor, examine the ASCII file for bad or strange data and remove those records. Save the file in an ASCII text file format.
f. Re-import the ASCII file into the newly re-created table. For more information about this topic, search the Microsoft Access Help Index for the word "delimit" and then view the topic "Import or link data and objects."
g. Re-enter any records that you were forced to delete.
or you can try to use dbf recovery online - https://dbf.recoverytoolbox.com/online/

(1) (Reply)

Get Bid For Freelancing!! / HOT AND NEW: Prototype/dummy Home Automation System Using Raspberry & Android / PHP Codeigniter Help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.