Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

The Unity Thread - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Unity Thread (4287 Views)

Sen Enyinnaya Abaribe Speaks On The Unity Of Nigeria / FFK Dumps Yoruba Nation, IPOB, Says "I'm Committed To The Unity Of Nigeria" / Amotekun And The Unity Of Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Unity Thread by fero007: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2018

Re: The Unity Thread by fero007: 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
foods

Re: The Unity Thread by fero007: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
some villages

Re: The Unity Thread by fero007: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2018

Re: The Unity Thread by viscerion: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
OP, which tribe is this now, its look somehow Edo, somehow Igbo, somehow ijaw, is it isoko?
Re: The Unity Thread by Malawian(m): 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2018
fykes:
I am a full grown Igbo man and I can rightfully make d assertions having schooled and worked in Nigeria all my life;
I don't know Ojukwu, Zik, Awo, or any saduana. I wasn't born when they lived all I have of them is history and history is past, but my future I can decide.

However, I know my friends; Abdulahi ishajobi, Sule Mohammed, Morayo Banjoko, Temisola Adewale, and I can easily say these amongst others are the finest human beings I know and their tribes hasn't stopped them from being good nor doing good.
I share not in the sentiments of the present Nigeria, cos it shall not be said of me and my family, that " the fathers has eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth is set on edge ".
YOUTHS RISE ABOVE HATE!!
You have no idea how stupid you sound. Pls next time, just tell us your name is so so so and so, and not "I am a full blooded Igboman"
Re: The Unity Thread by fero007: 6:29am On Jun 21, 2018
viscerion:
OP, which tribe is this now, its look somehow Edo, somehow Igbo, somehow ijaw, is it isoko?

I'm from kiagbodo, ughelli south LGA, delta state. I'm urhobo, those are urhobo pics. I'll summarize cuz urhobo culture is too broad to discuss in-details.

The Urhobos are found in delta and bayelsa states, and micro parts of edo state, with a population of almost 2 million, they are very closely related to Isokos, also close to Bini and ukwuani, as well as the ijaws and itsekiris who they share Warri with. other urhobo cities n towns include sapele, ughelli, abraka, sagbama, ikpoba, e.t.c. they mostly found outside their homeland in cities like Benin, Port Harcourt and Lagos.

Urhobos have a lot of foods some shared with other tribes, including banga, oghwo, esha, melon peppersoup, okra peppersoup, ukhodo, starch, onunu, banga rice, gbe, popo garri, bole n fish, e.t.c.

Urhobos live in the Niger Delta as such many communities are riverine and some coastal, so the people primarily live by farming, fishing and trading, although discovery of crude oil has polluted the environment.

Urhobo king is called ovie, they dont have a central king, chiefs are called orosuen or okpako, queen ovie r'aye, queens more often as Urhobos are known to be polygamous. Marriage in urhobo like many other tribes, pay bride price, bring listed items.

famous Urhobos include RMD, I go dye, I go save, Ali baba, gordons, ogus baba, eboh bon, ufuoma mcDermott, omoni oboli, Justus esiri, Dr sid, okiemute, kefee, sterioman, mad melon of danfo drivers, oruma, e.t.c famous Isokos include bovi, Eva, orezi, yung six, praiz, solid star, black magic, karo etebo, jeta amata, zeb ejiro, daddy showkey, e.t.c

1 Like

Re: The Unity Thread by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2018
fykes:
I am a full grown Igbo man and I can rightfully make d assertions having schooled and worked in Nigeria all my life;
I don't know Ojukwu, Zik, Awo, or any saduana. I wasn't born when they lived all I have of them is history and history is past, but my future I can decide.

However, I know my friends; Abdulahi ishajobi, Sule Mohammed, Morayo Banjoko, Temisola Adewale, and I can easily say these amongst others are the finest human beings I know and their tribes hasn't stopped them from being good nor doing good.
I share not in the sentiments of the present Nigeria, cos it shall not be said of me and my family, that " the fathers has eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth is set on edge ".
YOUTHS RISE ABOVE HATE!!
If every Igbo man could reason this way

Re: The Unity Thread by viscerion: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2018
nice
I even summarized oron cause its broad too. I've seen many similarities between urhobo and oron
Is there no Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Edo who can tell us of their culture?
or people in Lagos, abuja, Kaduna, Jo's to tell us of your cities?
or about something all Nigerians enjoy?
Re: The Unity Thread by Turantula(m): 10:48am On Jun 21, 2018
fero007:

Na u know o, me I'm from Delta, ve lived in Warri nw living in Port harcourt, any deltan can try to confirm this.

America was nt designed for unity either but they got along, my people have suffered the most in this country and need and want restructuring far more than the Igbos.

But why will I be friends with a person, then one day suddenly hate her cus I learnt she's Hausa or Yoruba. Our grandfathers were enemies, does that mean we can't be allies?
Aboki go and hide ur ugly face and plastic kettle in shame. Headslammer claiming delta.
Re: The Unity Thread by viscerion: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Turantula:

Aboki go and hide ur ugly face and plastic kettle in shame. Headslammer claiming delta.

mumu, are you from delta? can you prove he's not from delta? someone just posted about his urhobo tribe and you say he's not from delta, prove it nw, jobless goat
Re: The Unity Thread by Sinistami(m): 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2018
OP didn't do anything wrong all this tribal people sha they think America just woke up and became great. it took over a hundred years to achieve what it has now they've had so much more problems than what Nigeria is facing. imaging you going to an unknown land to settle and develop imagine the natives views of it all those problems coupled with the problems of the African Americans but they all got through it somehow.

About me and my tribe my city and my people

Iam ijaw from Bayelsa my hometown is Yenagoa. The clan/tribe am from is Zarama from my dads side they speak an Edoid language called Engenne. my Great Grandad is a Saro who settled in porthacourt and married my Great grandmum
he later settled in with her in the village my dad is half Igbo half Ijaw. while my mom is from the Epie-attisa clan they also speak an Edoid language called Epie.
I stay and live in Yenagoa or yentown as we call it
Yenagoa is a new somewhat small but expanding city. Yenagoa according to the news is a cult ravaged militant dwelling no good city. although I won't lie its a bit true but don't get fooled it's a good place. and like every other southern city you GATS use your head. Yenagoa is native to the Epie-Attisa the Gbarain-Ekpetiama the Zarama the Okodia the Busseni clans of the ijaw. they all speak different languages not dialect o different languages. This coupled with the ever increasing inflow of immigrants like the Igbo (Number one) Yoruba Urhobo Isoko Efik Igala Ibibio etc and other ijaws makes Yenagoa a pidgin speaking city. the average citizen of Yenagoa can't speak his tribes language only core pidgin. This characteristic it shares with its sister cities in the south. like PH Benin Warrior Sapele.

I love my people I love the south The Niger Delta I love Nigeria with all my heart. even if you Igbos and Yorubas don't want to be together don't spread your divisiveness to us the Nigerdelta we have lived together before Nigeria. so u can't tear us apart. even if we don't have a common language. we speak pidgin. OP karri go I full ground for you I tanda for your side no shakin.
Re: The Unity Thread by Sinistami(m): 3:40pm On Jul 15, 2018
fykes:

YOUTHS RISE ABOVE HATE!!

Na so I love your speech.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Needs To Take A Break After The Loss In Katsina, Bauchi & Kogi Today / See Proves That Reno Omokri Is A Nairaland Member - (photo) / Ambode Is From Ondo State, Jamb Records Shows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.