Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" (29487 Views)

Group Declares War Against Professor Wole Soyinka, To Boycott Books And Events / Soyinka To UN: Declare Nigeria As Protectorates To Stop Bandits ‘Slave Trade’ / "Tormentor Of Muhammadu Buhari" - Reno Omokri's Twitter Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
tobida:
A suffersticated morons cannot tell difference between northern agenda supported by fellow northerners and a suffersticated morons being led to the gallows.!

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by KrystosCJ(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
At the centre of it all, will all the gimmicks played by PMB sway the Yorubas to vote for him come 2019?

This is the grand question each and every one of them have to answer.

It will certainly be a decider to test the West.
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by musicwriter(m): 4:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
Soyinka deserve an award for democracy as far as Nigeria democracy is concerned. Are they waiting to kill him before giving him?

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Igba123: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
tomakint:

But this same Soyinka was live at the show today. I thought he ought to have boycotted the party.
I think he was called to deliver a speech to eulogize buhari on how he is d best thing to happen to yoruba n d man went knwing he had d opportunity to tell buhari d truth face to face. Me think d decision wise. Can't u see many being silenced bc a respected yoruba said it and not d so called ipobians who have been called haters of d state for saying same thing. Hypocrcy I see.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by michoim(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
Old age is definitely caught up with Soyinka reasoning. ..
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Ategberoson(m): 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
Soyinka will now be a reasonable man to Igbo that abuse the hell out of him during trump that don't send them inauguration

is high time federal govt establish many rehabilitation centers in that region because their sense of reasoning can be nauseating

or which sane person hate Hausa and don't want Hausa to rule but still planning to canvass vote for atiku (Hausa Fulani man)

Biafra today, referendum tomorrow, restructuring, next tomorrow, buhari out the other time. confused people
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by IVORY2009(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
wonlasewonimi:
Do you think Buhari knows what he is doing?

Buhari's handles are not advising him well, all they need is just to win 2019 @ all cost.....
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by AnanseK(m): 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
saaron:
The irony of June 12 democracy day by buhari is that the same man who is pretending to honor Abiola today served the very govt that jailed Abiola, a democratically elected president until he was murdered in 1998.

Buhari served Nigeria and Nigerians. The overrated cultist professor of English has come again.

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by emezuo17: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
I watched it live, and I must commend the prof for his bravery, he is a real man. Iam a full blooded Igbo man oh, but I must confess that most of our Igbo big men wouldn't have had the guts to say what wole Soyinka and falana said today straight to the president. Kudos to them. Cowardice or bravery is not limited to any tribe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by swimmer: 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
buhariguy:
Soyinka is simply intellectually lazy but he is not aggressive idiotic pig of biafra.

Buhari never admire abacha,
He only told us the obvious bitter truth, that, as bad as abacha, as even the devil knows, is still far better than thief obj and ineffectual buffoon, that in 16yrs, both thieves never built roads like abacha did.

Is that difficult for intellectually lazy Soyinka to understand?

stop being silly pls.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Baroba(m): 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
Topleague:
soyinka didnt say that, in fact he was present during the ceremony, ipob with their fake news

Video is up on YouTube dummy, that is if you have little coins for data..
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by slimfit1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
Abiola was not a saint, we are just pretending to like him because he started a movement.
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by edupedia: 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2018
jerseyboy:
The dullard can do anything. He has no brains

...thr dullard is the president in Aso Rock and u are just a bloody noisemaker on Nairaland... So who is the real dullard?....
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Bimpe29: 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hmn! Had he (Buhari) not scuttled Shagari's government in 1983, maybe IBB wouldn't have done same for his military junta in 1985 and perhaps Abiola would have been installed as a democratically elected President in 1993.
There might never been Abacha and his ruthless dictatorship.
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
Soyinka should campaign for Oodua Republic.
We Yorubas don't want Nigeria anymore. We want Oodua Republic where we can develop at our pace. We don't want a country where everything is viewed with ethnicity. We don't want a country that share presidency among different ethnic groups...where one tribe thinks 'na my turn to rule', and the other tribe believes 'after you na me'. The world is moving and we Yorubas want to move along.
Oodua/Yorubaland Republic is what we want.
Am in solidarity with this

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by vertueptime: 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:
God bless Soyinka!

The voice of truth in an desert of liars.

This Grammar is from gbagbun desert
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Aystarz: 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
Mutemenot:
Is Soyinka now a Igbo Sophisticated Menh ll run after him...Dont quote me coz i.missed my flight embarassed

Wole spoke harshly but truly
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by mikaael(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
We Yorubas don't want Nigeria anymore. We want Oodua Republic where we can develop at our pace. We don't want a country where everything is viewed with ethnicity. We don't want a country that share presidency among different ethnic groups...where one tribe thinks 'na my turn to rule', and the other tribe believes 'after you na me'. The world is moving and we Yorubas want to move along.

even with oduduwa republic there might still b agitations between the egbas,ijebus,ijesha, and the rest...I tire for who we are as a country
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Heybeedee(m): 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2018
infonews3:
Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka, has told President Muhammadu Buhari that he cannot honour MKO Abiola in one breath and admire his tormentor Sani Abacha in the same breath.
Soyinka who spoke at the national honours investiture for heroes of democracy., said that although he understood Buhari’s official loyalty to Abacha, it shouldn’t take preeminence over the preservation of democracy.
“Dear Mr. President, you cannot honour Abiola in one breath and admire his tormentor in the same breath,” he said.Soyinka added that while the heroes of democracy were being recognized, the anti-democrats deserved some mention too.

source; https://www.infonewsnigeria.com/discussion/1037/you-cant-honour-abiola-and-admire-his-tormentor-abacha-soyinka-to-buhari#latest

Hmmmmmmmn.... events today @ Mko abiola investiture reaffirm my believe in one Nigeria .The speech frm prof wole soyinka, frank ikokoro, Hafsat Abiola n other well meaning Nigerians raised d Abiola core mantra of "Hope for Nigeria "....but m still awaiting a convincing step to really bid "farewell to poverty"which was d twin manifestos of mko 93..
Note.... This is a major achievement of this administration..
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
edupedia:

...thr dullard is the president in Aso Rock and u are just a bloody noisemaker on Nairaland... So who is the real dullard?....

You and all the zombies that rigged him in and sent Nigeria back to the Stone Age.
He is not my President as I cannot live my life in a country without basic human freedom and liberty.
Left you guys long ago Bro.
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by Simbrixton(m): 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
that is the only solution at the moment the biggest game changer would be wen a popular politician supports one of our secessionist movements

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by tuniski: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Topleague:
soyinka didnt say that, in fact he was present during the ceremony, ipob with their fake news
Are you okay? Or it was difficult for you to Understand simple english?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by osazeeblue01: 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
It was never his decision, some people persuaded him to do it because of re-election purpose.
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by jrusky(m): 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
Soyinka you own don done in the next few days you will hear from Buhari same way obj and others are hearing from him.

Now EFCC and presidency will remember Soyinka sold one of his book and failed to remit tax to the govt purse and it's totalling N1.27 billion* so Soyinka is invited first by IGP then by EFCC, guys keep watching a new drama unfolding soon........................

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by stiffy56(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2018
Don't think he knows what this noble man is even saying self.....
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by 2016v2017: 6:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
Splashme:
Buhari is a hypocrite
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by RenzoFunds(m): 6:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
tomakint:

But this same Soyinka was live at the show today. I thought he ought to have boycotted the party.

He has a message for the president that was why.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by biggydon209(m): 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
Are u sure u followed the programme till the end..wole soyinka was called up to give a speech..he actually emphasized on that!
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by kingola87(m): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2018
He said it ma'am , I watched it live, I love and admire that courageous act displayed by Professor Sole Soyinka.
Topleague:
Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by wale2day: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
A suffersticated morons cannot tell the difference between northern agenda, supported by fellow northerners and a suffersticated morons being led to the gallows.!

MEDICINE AFTER DEATH!

SUFFERSTICATED MORONS!

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Buhari: "You Can't Honour Abiola And Admire His Tormentor Abacha" by chinedu234(m): 7:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
The political calculation of the Fulani hegemony toward fooling the south west while hoping to put deeper division between the east and the west.. Will this work? The great TIME will tell.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can't Sleep At Night Because There's Bullet Inside My Leg - Rann Victim. PICS / Killings: Three Reasons Northern Leaders Are Silent – Shehu Sani Reveals / Jonathan’s Govt Provoked Soldiers Into Mutiny —buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.