Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

"I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) (41885 Views)

I Just Deposited Old Notes At CBN - LadyTara / Someone Mistakenly Credited My Account With A Huge Sum / Nigerian Man Goes To Juju Over His Money Owed Him By Chinese Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by blackgold90(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2018
denkyw:
Well, you had no choice but to return it. If you acted otherwise, na kiri-kiri for be your geo-terrestrial abode by now.
Next angry

Guy forget that thing nothing go happen

It will become a case of catch me if you can.

See free G.

In 10 years time this guy will regret the Samaritan thing he just did
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by ladyF(f): 11:33am On Jun 13, 2018
Wetin person no go see. Someone that should have been arrested is here demanding acknowledgement. angry
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by sexdoll: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2018
i couldn't follow this narrative.

all i could see is transfer this transfer that nonsense. lipsrsealed
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by HoodBillionaire: 11:39am On Jun 13, 2018
i go use d money buy btc shaps
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by wisdomkid: 11:40am On Jun 13, 2018
Nigerians and their wisdom when it comes to other PEOPLE matter.
SO everyone is shouting, YOU should do GOOD and not expect any accolades, etc.

Well, these same set of people will give a child 100 Naira, and if the child no greet them tomorrow, see ANGER fuming like acid..

Nigerians and their online behaviors. Say something else ONLINE and behave differently OFFLINE.[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by uvie66: 11:44am On Jun 13, 2018
izzou:
grin

Why do we always have this sense of entitlement whenever we do some good?

You saw extra cash in your account that wasn't yours. Why not raise an alarm immediately? Did you have to transfer 500k out first, and wait till evening and blah blah blah? undecided

The truth is, you wouldn't have returned it if they didn't come for you. That makes you no different from a thief. And I support them for not giving a simple "thank you" not to talk of money sef grin
Rightly said, you were waiting for a call from the Bank first before you do the right thing abi, upon that you still tried to divert 500k. If to say the Bank no call you, you for no do the right thing, you for just chucking the dow. What type of thanks do you want ? That you were prompted to return what does not belong to you.
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Mactons(m): 11:56am On Jun 13, 2018
You are lucky>>>they should have arrested you..........you should have reported to the bank at the initial alert for them to resolve the issue rather that transfer part of the funds out of your account.......let me correct this impression:::when you eat such kind of money....it is not the bank's money....someone (the banker who did the error) will have to pay for it....most times a loan is booked for the banker in question and it will run until he repays the money...and after which he may be sacked. be guided
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by EddieCAD(m): 11:59am On Jun 13, 2018
Alamin9582:
People say If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.

This illustrates the narration of a young man, Obazie Sunday who spoke with us on how he went to a bank (name withheld) on June 5, 2018 to deposit a sum of N167,000 but he was credited with N1,670,000.

Obazie was shocked to see the credit alert and he immediately thought about transferring part of the money off his account.

Not long he got a call from his bank begging him to transfer the sum he’d transferred off the account so they can initiate a reversal.

However, they say Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching, Obazie didn’t hesitate to transfer the money back to his account.

What did his bank do to him afterwards?

Read his narration below:-

Early this month, June 5, 2018

I went to the bank,(name withheld) to deposit 167000. I did the normal transaction and left.

Hours later, i saw an alert of 1,670,000. I was shocked and was tensed, because i have never handled that sum before. I thought it was a dummy sum, so i transferred 500,000 out ,to my other account.

I confided in a school bro, who told me to await the bank call, and told me not to tell anyone else.When i got home(8-9pm), i got a call from a banker there.

He said it was a mistake,and i should transfer the money to an account he would provide. My mind drifted to bankers siphoning money ,and i told him i’d rather come see the bank manager the following day.

He gave the bank manager the phone or i’d rather say a man who claimed to be the bank manager.

He said i should transfer the money, of which i bluntly refused ,and decided to go to their head office. I hung up,and switched off my phone ,to stop their incessant calls.

Then the next day, the banker called me, and pleaded that they could not balance their books, because of the fund in my account. And he said they did sack them, before 12:00pm if they dont.

I knw about the labour market, and how difficult it is to get jobs. So i told him i’d return the 500,000 which i transferr

I knw it wasnt scam or fraud bacause i did not transfer the money. They unfroze my account , so i could send and recieve cash. They also used the bank reversal technique.

I thought i was given the 4000 as a way of compensating me tho. So.i just transferred the 171,000 out of the account.

The next week or probably friday, cash was sent to the account, so i went to the bank to cash it out.

When i got there, they were just looking at mend the only thing i heard them say was”that is the boy”. Not even a soul came to say thank you.

[b]I was not mad[\b] ,and i thought they saw no need in saying thank you, since they already said it in cash.

I withdrew the money from the bank, and when they wanted to give me the money, the “bank manager” told the cashier to take the 4000 out of it..

I was now given the balance.. [b]I was very mad[\b] tho, but being an introvert, i was cool and i left the bank.I transferred over a million naira back, and a thank you was not given.

I was hurt, because then i had needs and wants. But i was not tempted to use the money.

Even if it happens again, i will not hesitate to be that good person.

” GOODNESS STARTS FROM YOU”
“YOU CAN MAKE IT LEGALLY
“YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD”

“BE GOOD”

See transaction screenshot below:-

Gist Via-
https://nairatrend.com.ng/young-man-narrates-how-he-deposited-n167k-but-was-credited-with-n1-67m-screenshot/

undecided
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Favbolu(m): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
soberdrunk:
First things first!!! 5k suya and like 6-9 bottles of gulder will first go down from the 'extra money', then me and the manager will chat on whatsapp for like 2-3 days, then they will send the hottest lady in their branch to come and convince me why i should return the money, if i am truly convinced i will return 1m........... angry
you Don mad I swear.
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Jodesky(m): 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
emeijeh:
wait, he went back to the branch to collect some accolades or what?

No thanks to his Mauritanian English, I got confused in the end part of his story.

Mauritanian English....................?

You are bad.........................man
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by emeijeh(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
Jodesky:

Mauritanian English....................?

You are bad.........................man

Na true na grin
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by ADRIAN88(m): 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
odiereke:
The story is somehow confusing

Thought it was just me!

Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
izzou:
grin

You saw extra cash in your account that wasn't yours. Why not raise an alarm immediately? Did you have to transfer 500k out first, and wait till evening and blah blah blah? undecided

The truth is, you wouldn't have returned it if they didn't come for you. That makes you no different from a thief. And I support them for not giving a simple "thank you" not to talk of money sef grin
You said it already. Its a big problem in Nigeria, people having sense of ( after doing something good I deserve a thank you) . that's to prove that good is not a common commodity anymore.
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by akinz4u(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
I remember when my broda over paid cash to the bank counter staff,he later went back to the guy to give him the excess he paid which was close to 87k bit the guy lock up like nothing happened...
so to say if Na me, dat money Don go, the highest dey will do is to tell me to provide it which I would do after 15months where I go Don establish beta business .
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by emidizy(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
This is why we need to build our banking system on the blockchain.
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by fowlyansh181(m): 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2018
izzou:
grin

the country is a jungle and doing good is not a right but a privilege, if anything, the thank you would have at least encouraged him and other potential do gooders .. we as humans do things because of rewards, we humans don’t commit sin and try to do good because of the promised reward of heaven , also we stay away from crime because the society labels it an act that goes with punishment. Granted, we have the naturally good ones, but do you imagine if maybe there was nothing like calling being dishonest a sin or crime, if people would still even bother to be honest? .. a simple thank you , or slight reward would have encouraged this young man to at least know that doing good pays , now anyone he tells this story will only laugh at him for trying to do good..
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Chukazu: 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2018
ejaibk:
See his head like Okin biscuit.
You Have needs? You self wan dey drive Corolla dey fvck those 100L girls Abi? grin
He say he get needs grin
OGUN KEEE YOU THERE angry

I beg what happened to "Okin Biscuit?" cool
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by izzou(m): 12:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
fowlyansh181:
the country is a jungle and doing good is not a right but a privilege, if anything, the thank you would have at least encouraged him and other potential do gooders .. we as humans do things because of rewards, we humans don’t commit sin and try to do good because of the promised reward of heaven , also we stay away from crime because the society labels it an act that goes with punishment. Granted, we have the naturally good ones, but do you imagine if maybe there was nothing like calling being dishonest a sin or crime, if people would still even bother to be honest? .. a simple thank you , or slight reward would have encouraged this young man to at least know that doing good pays , now anyone he tells this story will only laugh at him for trying to do good..

A slight reward, after he diverted 500k initially?

He actually deserved all what he got. It's feels good to do good. After all, if he was in the position of the bank staff, would he have preferred a customer does that to him?

I love the way the bank staff treated him. That should show him that dishonesty never pays
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by boyjo: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2018
izzou:
grin

My braadaa! See me o hahahagrin
The guy thief their 1 million, them catch am.
E come still thief their N4000 join hahahagrin grin

The bank wicked sha; them collect the N4000 back grin
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by wiseolly: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=Alamin9582 post=68424094]People say If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.

This illustrates the narration of a young man, Obazie Sunday who spoke with us on how he went to a bank (name withheld) on June 5, 2018 to deposit a sum of N167,000 but he was credited with N1,670,000.

Obazie was shocked to see the credit alert and he immediately thought about transferring part of the money off his account.

Not long he got a call from his bank begging him to transfer the sum he’d transferred off the account so they can initiate a reversal.

However, they say Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching, Obazie didn’t hesitate to transfer the money back to his account.

I went to the bank,(name withheld) to deposit 167000. I did the normal transaction and left.

Hours later, i saw an alert of 1,670,000. I was shocked and was tensed, because i have never handled that sum before. I thought it was a dummy sum, so i transferred 500,000 out ,to my other account.

I confided in a school bro, who told me to await the bank call, and told me not to tell anyone else.When i got home(8-9pm), i got a call from a banker there.

He said it was a mistake,and i should transfer the money to an account he would provide. My mind drifted to bankers siphoning money ,and i told him i’d rather come see the bank manager the following day.

He gave the bank manager the phone or i’d rather say a man who claimed to be the bank manager.

He said i should transfer the money, of which i bluntly refused ,and decided to go to their head office. I hung up,and switched off my phone ,to stop their incessant calls.

Then the next day, the banker called me, and pleaded that they could not balance their books, because of the fund in my account. And he said they did sack them, before 12:00pm if they dont.

I knw about the labour market, and how difficult it is to get jobs. So i told him i’d return the 500,000 which i transferr

I knw it wasnt scam or fraud bacause i did not transfer the money. They unfroze my account , so i could send and recieve cash. They also used the bank reversal technique.

I thought i was given the 4000 as a way of compensating me tho. So.i just transferred the 171,000 out of the account.

The next week or probably friday, cash was sent to the account, so i went to the bank to cash it out.

When i got there, they were just looking at mend the only thing i heard them say was”that is the boy”. Not even a soul came to say thank you.

I was not mad ,and i thought they saw no need in saying thank you, since they already said it in cash.

I withdrew the money from the bank, and when they wanted to give me the money, the “bank manager” told the cashier to take the 4000 out of it..

I was now given the balance.. I was very mad tho, but being an introvert, i was cool and i left the bank.I transferred over a million naira back, and a thank you was not given.

I was hurt, because then i had needs and wants. But i was not tempted to use the money.

“YOU CAN MAKE IT LEGALLY

“BE GOOD”

Gist Via-
https://nairatrend.com.ng/young-man-narrates-how-he-deposited-n167k-but-was-credited-with-n1-67m-screenshot/

This is FCMB bank. One thing the pupolace don't understand is that for every mistakes like this, the teller suffers the lost if I had not transfer the money back he would have paid for it.but some people will say yes have made it through this bank. Not knowing someone is paying for the money.u try but u ought to have transfer ur funds not with the remaining 4k coz even if u had not he will still pay for that
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
Chukazu:

I beg what happened to "Okin Biscuit?" cool

Are you their PRO grin
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Acidosis(m): 1:24pm On Jun 13, 2018
You would have been arrested like a common criminal anyway..

Whether the cash was wrongly credited or not, the bank will come for the money. So no thanks, the bank only prevented you from going to jail.
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by izzou(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
boyjo:

My braadaa! See me o hahahagrin
The guy thief their 1 million, them catch am.
E come still thief their N4000 join hahahagrin grin

The bank wicked sha; them collect the N4000 back grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by thunderbabs: 1:39pm On Jun 13, 2018
Guy, no com dy preach for us here..we will decide what we will do by ourselves if such error occurred......even you sef geh the thieving mindset jus like most of us, otherwise, u for no do dt part transfer in d name of wanting to confirm if na dummy....

Who nor need money?
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by darqly(m): 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2018

No bro, you had GREED. How can needs suddenly sprout when you see money that ain't yours? If you hadn't returned the cash, I can assure you that you wouldn't have enjoyed spending it, cos with BVN, ALL your accounts are available at a glance to ANY financial institution that requests it.
You ought to be placed on a watchlist for even transferring more than what you actually took to the bank.
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Assonite(m): 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2018
FCMB have always been useless from Day 1. I'm not surprised. undecided
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Zhahovic(m): 1:45pm On Jun 13, 2018
Alamin9582:
People say If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities.

I was not mad ,and i thought they saw no need in saying thank you, since they already said it in cash.

I was now given the balance.. I was very mad tho, but being an introvert, i was cool and i left the bank.I transferred over a million naira back, and a thank you was not given.

“YOU CAN MAKE IT LEGALLY

“BE GOOD”

Gist Via-

lol
I already know which bank it is....only one bank uses purple and gold on its logo...

FCMB. ..very incompetent and inefficient bank..
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by adecz: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
Mumu!!! angry angry angry
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by Chukazu: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
ejaibk:

Are you their PRO grin

No man. I wan buy for my little niece cool
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by joinnow: 3:55pm On Jun 13, 2018
soberdrunk:
First things first!!! 5k suya and like 6-9 bottles of gulder will first go down from the 'extra money', then me and the manager will chat on whatsapp for like 2-3 days, then they will send the hottest lady in their branch to come and convince me why i should return the money, if i am truly convinced i will return 1m........... angry

Just like someone a bank overpaid his salary at Gembu Taraba.
Guyman branch joint dey declare booze up and down until bank staff and police visited the bar .
Brought him back already sober drunk to the bank.He don spend 2/3 of the money. Finally has to sign undertaken that so and so amount will be deduct from his salary every month for 5 months
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by UEDIBO: 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
i was joking ohhhhhhh. i am good Nigerian. i can't take from someone sweat ohhhhhh. i am a database administrator too.
chukyjones:

No you no dey Mad. That error could cost someone his Job. More so your data, residential and co. are with the bank.
If that happens,(job loss) i bet you that poor soul will hunt you down with all he's got. i'm a banker, talking from experience.
Re: "I Deposited N167K But Was Credited With N1.67M" - Man (photos) by YouareaBITCH(f): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=Alamin9582 post=68424675][/quote]
Shatap!!!As if u would have returned it if u were in his shoes. Holier than thou.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Gets A Car For Returning N53m Mistakenly Paid Into His Account By The Govt / It’s N209 To $1 As Appetite For Dollars Falls / Why New Naira Notes Are Scarce – CBN Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.