Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

What Buhari Told Ambassadors In Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Told Ambassadors In Aso Rock (386 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / 2019: What Buhari Told Miyetti Allah In Aso-rock Today (PHOTOS) / What President Buhari Told Ekweremadu, South-East Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Buhari Told Ambassadors In Aso Rock by IamReallyboy(m): 7:08am On Jun 13, 2018
President Muammadu Buhari on Tuesday hosted
members of the Diplomatic Corp on this year’s Iftar
in commemoration of Holy Ramadan.

Buhari received them at the presidential villa in
Abuja. In his address, the nation’s leader conveyed Nigeria’s appreciation to the envoys for their support and peaceful co-existence.

He said this had contributed in no small measure to deepening the bonds of friendship and the subsisting cordial relations that existed between Nigeria and their countries.

Buhari added: “You may recall the efforts of the
Government in tackling the problem of insecurity
since the inception of this administration in May
2015. The Government made every effort to contain the Boko Haram insurgency which bedevilled the country.

“I am happy to note that, at the moment, the Boko
Haram insurgents have been degraded and normalcy gradually restored in the affected areas as we embarked on the task of rehabilitation and
reintegration of the affected communities.

“Let me assure you that Government is making every effort to bring the issue of insurgence to a complete end. We will continue to collaborate with our neighbours under the multilateral Joint Task Force to curtail the movement and operations of terrorist across our borders.

“With peace comes development. As you are aware, this administration has taken bold initiatives to reposition the Nigerian economy on the path of sustainable growth and development.
“In the preceding years, Nigeria has continued to
witness political stability and economic prosperity as acknowledged by World Bank 2017 economic rating on Ease of Doing Business Index for 2018.

“I wish to assure Your Excellencies that we remain
committed to creating enabling environment to
attract Foreign Direct Investments (FDI) and boost
private sector engagements between Nigeria and your respective countries.

“Your Excellencies, corruption is the single biggest
menace to Africa’s development. As I mentioned in my inaugural speech; if we do not kill corruption, corruption will kill us. Corruption undermines development and impedes democracy and the rule of law.

“During the 30th African Union Summit in Addis
Ababa held in January this year, the AU launched the
theme for the year 2018 winning the fight against
Corruption: a sustainable path for Africa’s
Transformation and endorsed me as the AU
Champion for the year.

“We shall count on your support to tackle corruption headlong, in order to bring about development, prosperity and well-being of our people.

“Let me conclude once again by reiterating our
commitment towards peace, security and
development under the auspices of ECOWAS, the Africa Union and the United Nations as a core pillar in our foreign policy exertion.”

http://www.247gistreal.com.ng/2018/06/what-buhari-told-ambassadors-in-aso-rock.html?m=1
Re: What Buhari Told Ambassadors In Aso Rock by lokito: 7:17am On Jun 13, 2018
With all these balderdash and "Fallacy of tu quoque" I read, he still doesn't deserve a second chance. Does he?
Re: What Buhari Told Ambassadors In Aso Rock by ashjay001(m): 7:43am On Jun 13, 2018
E be like say, baba, don change, speechwriter. Better speeches, recently.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Yola Court Sentenced 5 To Death For Killing One Hersdman / [photos] President Muhamadu Buhari And Family Celebrates Eidmubarack / We Won’t Waste State’s Scarce Resources On Fanciful Projects, Says Tambuwal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.