Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

5 Simple Ways You Can Improve Your Self-value - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Simple Ways You Can Improve Your Self-value (552 Views)

Ways You Can Avoid Being Used By Selfish Nigerian Employers / Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) / Unsatisfied With Your Income? Here’s How You Can Improve It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Simple Ways You Can Improve Your Self-value by generalbush(m): 9:30am On Jun 13, 2018
From whichever city you are reading from, improving your self-value can change your life forever. There are so many investments out there, but there is one that supersedes all, and that is self-investment. This is an investment that stays with you like forever and doesn’t even leave you till you’ve passed away from this world.

When I talk about self-value, it simply represents your worth in the eyes of others who have no idea about who you are. Self-value is a great determinant when it comes to buying decisions; and as humans in our daily lives, we are always selling ourselves to others.

This goes to show how much you should endeavour to increase your self-value. Whether you are an undergraduate, graduate, or a working professional, increasing your self-value would go a long way to push you up the ladder.

I will show you the 5 simple ways you can improve your self-value and become more important

Increase your connections
Somebody can employ you or elevate your position just because of who you know. A company can employ you just because of the calibre of people you have as referees on your CV. The more influential people you know, the higher your chances of making a fortune in life.

There is something called networking, and its importance can never be overestimated. If as a graduate or a young working class person and you aren’t meeting new and highly placed people daily, then something is definitely going to be wrong somewhere.

Powerful connections can be gotten at several places like;

Church
Events
Meeting
Seminars
Workshops
Conferences, etc.

Anywhere you are opportune to see a large group of people gathered together for a single purpose, make sure you utilize the opportunity.

Rake up a Secondary Skill
A 22 years old web developer where I work currently is among the highest paid staff. The reason isn’t that he is kind of cute, but because he has the value that employers are looking for. He is treated like a king, while other administrative officers are sacked and dismissed at will.

When you have a skill that people are searching for, they are going to continue looking for you till they find you.

If you don’t have a job yet – or probably underpaid (50k and below), I suggest you pick up one of the skills in Web Development or Graphics Designing. You would be amazed at how much you would make when the month ends – employed or not. This best IT institute in Nigeria is one of the best you should attend. where you can learn and get mentored by professionals.

Learn New Languages

Learning a new language is another way of improving your self-value. When you are fluent in more than just one language – I mean international languages or in addition to our local languages, you will be amazed at the opportunities that it would present to you.

People who can speak more than just one language are considered very intelligent and they are seen as people with value. Learning a new language isn’t quite easy – and also expensive, but there are many resources online that can help you achieve that with ease.

Read more Books

The more books you read, the more you know. The more you know the more places you go. Books have a way of increasing someone’s intelligence.

It reminds me of when I approached an investor for a Tech product sometimes last year, and we go talking. He asked me a simple question, “Who invented the iPhone?” of which I answered “Steve Jobs.” He immediately pointed out that I was wrong, and that was what killed the whole pitch.

That question might be negligible, but it cost me millions of Naira for my idea. I just want you to know that reading has a way of boosting your self-value. Just read fun and read to know.

Just when you realize how much your perceived value is worth, then you’d know how important it is. Getting a skill is very important and that is the best way to achieve what you want to achieve in life.

Visit the link below to see how you can start up your skill acquisition process.

Source: http://topwritersden.com/increase-your-self-value/

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Simple Ways You Can Improve Your Self-value by generalbush(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2018
How did you improve your career value?

You can join the contribution

lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Other Opportunities Does Having A Masters Degree Attract? / Digital Marketing Internship Program Screening On Whatsapp Today / 4 Secrets Of People Who Have Made It In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.