Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,693 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Boy Goes Into Coma After Donating 6 Pints Of Blood (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boy Goes Into Coma After Donating 6 Pints Of Blood (photo) (464 Views)

Man Beats His Wife Into Coma In Yenagoa On Christmas Eve (Photos) / Ghanaian Man Beats His Wife Into Coma For Having Sex With Another Man (Photo) / Retired Policeman Assassinated! Pregnant Daughter-In-Law Go Into Coma (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boy Goes Into Coma After Donating 6 Pints Of Blood (photo) by Rickyrick: 9:58am On Jun 13, 2018
Achibulu Paul, a 45-year-old man was arrested in Lagos, for using minors and collecting their blood at his apartment in Shomolu, Lagos, which he used as an illegal blood bank and sold them to hospitals. He paid the minors N2,000 for each collection.

All seemed to be going well till last Saturday, when one of the minors, collapsed, after donating six pints of blood.

The victim, Ayomide Adesanya, a 17-year-old boy is still unconscious in one of the hospitals in Bariga area of Shomolu.

According to the Lagos State Police Command, Achibulu had collected blood twice last week from the victim. The first collection was three pints of blood, which was done last Monday and last Saturday another three pints of blood was collected by the suspect before the teenager fainted moments later.

When asked what he used the blood for, the suspect said:

“I sell it to hospitals and several other laboratories for N7,000 per pint.”

He also claimed that he didn’t know the boy was underage. He said:

“It was when his parents came to confront me that I knew he was 17. He told me he was 20. I am a lab scientist. I was trained five years ago at the Nigerian Institute of Laboratory Science Technology.

Lab technicians from hospitals used to come and buy blood from me. I used to sell the blood through my assistant, Alfa. He’s the one who knows the hospitals he sold to. I do not know where he is at the moment.”

Achibulu took the Commissioner of Police and other policemen to a hospital within the area which he usually sold the blood.

The hospital’s Chief Medical Director and other indicted staff have been asked to appear at the command’s headquarters within 48 hours to narrate their side of the story.

The victim’s mother said:

“my daughter received a telephone call from one of her friends, who informed her that my son was seen on a motorbike unconscious.

When I was informed, I rushed home, found him in that state and took him to the hospital.”

Source: https://lifewithcuttons.com.ng/2018/06/13/boy-goes-into-coma-after-donating-6-pints-of-blood-photo/
Re: Boy Goes Into Coma After Donating 6 Pints Of Blood (photo) by doctimonyeka(m): 10:07am On Jun 13, 2018
kiss

Jesus wept...
Re: Boy Goes Into Coma After Donating 6 Pints Of Blood (photo) by Rickyrick: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2018

Re: Boy Goes Into Coma After Donating 6 Pints Of Blood (photo) by Auladimeji1: 11:20am On Jun 13, 2018
Achibulu Paul,....Igbo Amala

(1) (Reply)

Crime, Sars And The Pains Of That Bullet / Over 20 Feared Dead And Many Missing As Black Mountain Collapses In Zambia / Thief Shows Off Spectacular Dance Moves While Stealing From A Store (Pics-video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.