Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,817 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

A Question For The Legal Practitioners. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Question For The Legal Practitioners. (295 Views)

Car Parked At Owners’ Risk; The Legal Implications. / What's The Legal Implication Of Not Reporting A Lost Wallet To The Police? / Kidnapper Evans Unable To Pay Legal Fees, Trial Stalled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Question For The Legal Practitioners. by hotman0095(m): 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2018
Good day here.
Am an engineer working with a Chinese construction company in ibadan.We all know how those Chinese people treat us Nigerian workers as if we are slaves in our fathers land.I misplaced my daily work card for 3 days & i informed the Chinese man i work with.but when i later found the card on the third day he cancelled one day out of the 3days i worked.i asked him why but he didn't respond so i was forced to collect his pen to get his attention to answer my question.but to my surprise he approached me wanting to fight with me.people around quickly intervene before it get out of hand.
He later call his colleagues to come along with soldier to beat me up.they arrive with a soldier & i explained what happened to them they took me back to the office and sacked me immediately and asked me to come back the following week to collect my money.
I went back after a week and i was told the Chinese guy told them not to pay again.i asked why but no body could answer.
Now am planning to go there tomorrow insisting to collect my money.
Would i be breaking any law going there and insisting on not leaving if they didn't pay me?

(1) (Reply)

IGP Approves Request To Audit Police/sars’ Detention Cells Nationwide / A Bloody Country - What Is The Way Forward? / Nigerian Woman Jailed For 14 Years In The UK For Sex Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.