Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today (17463 Views)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Picks PDP Membership Card Today / Kwankwaso Supporters Burn Their PDP Membership Cards Because Of Atiku (Photos) / Obasanjo Tore His PDP Membership Card And Campaigned For APC (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Ebullience(m): 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2018
Former Governor of Ondo State, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, on Wednesday, resigned his membership from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The letter which was personally signed by the former governor and addressed to the leadership of the party in the state, stating his intention to resign his membership from the party.

The read “I hereby with utmost humility inform you of my decision to resign my membership of the PDP with effect from today, June 13, 2018, for some well-thought-out personal reasons.

“It was an honour working the many prominent Nigerians with whom I shared the PDP platform for the entire period I was in there as a member. Accept please the assurance of my very high regards.”

However, Nigerian Tribune gathered that the former governor and his followers from PDP will today (Thursday) rejoin the Labour Party.

Mimiko, who was governor of the state for two terms of eight years will be returning to the party after some four years of collapsing the structure of the LP to the PDP ahead of the 2015 general elections.

Mimiko has been keeping mute over the development as there have been speculations on his defection in the last couple of months

One of the aides of the former governor, however, confirmed that the official declaration of Mimiko and his followers will hold at the Ondo Civic Centre in Ondo town on today, Thursday.

According to him, Mimiko will register as a member of an LP in his ward tomorrow before moving to the civic centre for an official declaration.

He said, “The official declaration of Mimiko and his followers will hold at the Ondo Civic Centre in Ondo town on Thursday, and this will signal the rebuilding of the structure of the LP which was collapsed into the PDP in 2014.”

Speaking on Mimiko’s defection, the Chairman of the PDP in the state, Chief Clement Faboyede, said Mimiko’s defection would not affect the fortune of the party in the state.

Faboyede who expressed surprise at the news of former governor and leader of the party in the state said “the PDP is a very big party that can be likened to an orange tree and if you pluck from it, it does not kill the orange. Therefore the party will survive.

“Dr Mimiko is one of the big fish that left the PDP before and the party is still striving now, we will just hope all these are rumour and that it will not come to happen.

“We really love Dr Mimiko and always want to be part of his political planning. We are hoping he will not leave, and if he does, the party (PDP) will survive.

Mimiko informed us of his intention and we feel he is entitled to his own opinion and calculations and he hinged his defection on what he said was his belief and can no longer stay in PDP

He has communicated that he is going to consult, and he gathered and talk to every stratum of party members and gave reasons, while some agreed and some did not agree and we tried at our own level to discourage him but he has picked a date.

“I believe he is a member of the party until he leaves and If he leaves, good luck to him and goodbye to him. If he eventually leaves, PDP will not and will never die”

Mimiko and his supporters left the LP on October 2, 2014, to collapse the LP structure in the state into the PDP ahead of 2015 election.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/150595/

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by GavelSlam: 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
PDP is dead and gone.

South West votes thinning and thinning.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by weyreypey: 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
GavelSlam:
PDP is dead and gone.

Naive boy

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
Sophisticated morron....
don't be suprise he joins apc.....
bloody betrayals...

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by EvilChild: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
Same way Buhari will resign 2019 and join daura afterwards

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by dheilaw1(m): 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2018
RIP PDP the regional party of the pigs.... a minute silence for the dead

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by afroniger: 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
Mimiko is such an unstable and desperate politician. From AD, to PDP, to Labour, back to PDP, and now he wants to go back to Labour party I think he very likely would have succeeded in installing his successor if he had not dumped a stable Labour party that he was in near absolute control of, for a PDP that was riddled with crisis back then, a move that messed up his political career in Ondo.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by SoNature(m): 8:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
Mimiko has no political value anymore

A man who lost Ondo State to APC both at gubernatorial and presidential elections is useless, to say the least

The day Fayose will dump PDP, south west PDP is in trouble

11 Likes

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Lexusgs430: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2018
No be today...... Our politicians are simply prostitutes.....

5 Likes

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Na political sense hin dey use. PDP don mess up. APC don fūçk up.

And he might be thinking of aspiring for a political position. Probably a senatorial position. Either of the two parties may end up messing him up.
Him don shift go better place.
And hin shift be that nothing can appun.

Correct Bro! People keep shouting political career, political prostitute. Gibberish. Which politician dey this country wey no be political prostitute, betrayer- Who did he betray biko?

He's simply playing his cards well and he's also flowing with the game of the Nigerian politics. Simple!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by dexterinc2003: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
LochOtieno:
Sophisticated morron....

don't be suprise he joins apc.....

bloody betrayals...

It seems ban is hungrying you.

Thank God for the release of June 12 election results.

Now we know who the real betrayers from time immemorial are.

To even think you guys would vote for Tofa against Abiola (except Anambra).

And now you have the guts to open that mouth of yours to talk gabbage.

Abiola has been honored, GEJ has lost. Get a life and get over it.

Una go hear am for 2019.

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2018
Ok
Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by englishmart(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
all these small parties...? Mtscheee ... Are you going forward or you are going backwards?

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by AllBusiness(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Very useless shameless prostitute man. Tufiakwa.. spitsss

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Charly68: 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Iroko Again! Ebora Ondo ...he knows his vice president scheme is not feasible in that party ..trust your sense of judgement any time any day .
Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by LazyNairalander(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
transfer window e yaff politically open. Let the best party sign the best politician btw CHECK MY SIGNATURE

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by labusinessguide: 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2018
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by nairavsdollars(f): 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
He wants to go to the Senate. So, if Labour Party is the route for him, goodluck
Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by hotplate: 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
should I say PDP is gradually losing some key players in the south west

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by BafanaBafana: 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
Nobody thinks twice before leaving the PDP.
I doubt if they will even see second position in the next elections.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
Shameless pple. Zero political ideology. Canada abeg process my PR fast abeg
Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by faithfull18(f): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2018
Politics in this part of the world is an opportunity to enrich themselves.

Beneficial news on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Mufasa27(m): 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
GavelSlam:
PDP is dead and gone.

Always talking sh!t

1 Like

Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by flowbjones(m): 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
weyreypey:

Naive boy

Boy way sabi �
Re: Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
Ebullience:
Former Governor of Ondo State, Dr Olusegun Mimiko, on Wednesday, resigned his membership from the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The letter which was personally signed by the former governor and addressed to the leadership of the party in the state, stating his intention to resign his membership from the party.

The read “I hereby with utmost humility inform you of my decision to resign my membership of the PDP with effect from today, June 13, 2018, for some well-thought-out personal reasons.

“It was an honour working the many prominent Nigerians with whom I shared the PDP platform for the entire period I was in there as a member. Accept please the assurance of my very high regards.”

However, Nigerian Tribune gathered that the former governor and his followers from PDP will today (Thursday) rejoin the Labour Party.

Mimiko, who was governor of the state for two terms of eight years will be returning to the party after some four years of collapsing the structure of the LP to the PDP ahead of the 2015 general elections.

Mimiko has been keeping mute over the development as there have been speculations on his defection in the last couple of months

One of the aides of the former governor, however, confirmed that the official declaration of Mimiko and his followers will hold at the Ondo Civic Centre in Ondo town on today, Thursday.

According to him, Mimiko will register as a member of an LP in his ward tomorrow before moving to the civic centre for an official declaration.

He said, “The official declaration of Mimiko and his followers will hold at the Ondo Civic Centre in Ondo town on Thursday, and this will signal the rebuilding of the structure of the LP which was collapsed into the PDP in 2014.”

Speaking on Mimiko’s defection, the Chairman of the PDP in the state, Chief Clement Faboyede, said Mimiko’s defection would not affect the fortune of the party in the state.

Faboyede who expressed surprise at the news of former governor and leader of the party in the state said “the PDP is a very big party that can be likened to an orange tree and if you pluck from it, it does not kill the orange. Therefore the party will survive.

“Dr Mimiko is one of the big fish that left the PDP before and the party is still striving now, we will just hope all these are rumour and that it will not come to happen.

“We really love Dr Mimiko and always want to be part of his political planning. We are hoping he will not leave, and if he does, the party (PDP) will survive.

Mimiko informed us of his intention and we feel he is entitled to his own opinion and calculations and he hinged his defection on what he said was his belief and can no longer stay in PDP

He has communicated that he is going to consult, and he gathered and talk to every stratum of party members and gave reasons, while some agreed and some did not agree and we tried at our own level to discourage him but he has picked a date.

“I believe he is a member of the party until he leaves and If he leaves, good luck to him and goodbye to him. If he eventually leaves, PDP will not and will never die”

Mimiko and his supporters left the LP on October 2, 2014, to collapse the LP structure in the state into the PDP ahead of 2015 election.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/150595/

Zombies wee like this but forget their daura overlord will soon#get the strap grin
Cc immhotep weyreypey DaBullIT iceberg3

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Election: Straw Poll Favours Atiku-Okowa Ticket / Victims Of Muna Bomb Blast In Hospital Receiving Treatment (Photos) / Corruption Is Unlawfully Lucrative, Nigerians No Longer Afraid Of Jail - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.