Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,357 members, 7,957,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:54 AM

Reason  Why  Africans  Are  Not  Up  To  White  People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason  Why  Africans  Are  Not  Up  To  White  People (470 Views)

Lobbyists Stranded As Tinubu Relocates From Bourdillon To ‘white House’ / Lecture on why Africans must be kept poor by ALL MEANS - dr. Howard Nicholas / Why Africans Are So Hated All Over The World? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason  Why  Africans  Are  Not  Up  To  White  People by Vers4Gideon(m): 7:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
REASON  WHY  AFRICANS  ARE  NOT  UP  TO  WHITE  PEOPLE

This question is one of the most rampant questions in times past,though the question is still asked but seems to be dying down slow-slow. The answer to this question varies as different people,group,religion,field of study tends to give their opinion in different-different perspective of which the answer must be related in one way or the other,

Here is my own point of view.

Many years ago when i was younger than this - below teen precisely. My dad together with our neighbors do talk a lot on those gaps between Africans and white men, just like many people do, they will hopelessly talk of the technological impotency of Africa. They will show their sense of displeasure to Africans' mentality. All these are well said and i'm not condemning for pointing out one's flaws, but the pathetic and the ominous fact in this move is the lack of the eagerness to really know the reason why we are like this. Why are we below the white people as number one, and how should we sustainably tackle this from the scratch.

Why Africans are not up to the white people.

The problem that can happen to a man which could be difficult to solve,is the problem due to wrong conviction,or wrong sense of understanding, especially in the absence of true INFORMATION. For easy understanding and good organization I'll like to summarize this under two headings:

LACK  OF  THE  ABILITY  TO  CLEARLY  DISTINGUISH  BETWEEN  TALLENTs AND  TO  EXPLOIT  THEM

As we all know,there are two broad categories of talents; the talent of the artiste and that of the artist. And in case u don't know i thought you've grasp it.
The talent of the artiste is characterized by:
Singing
Dancing
Performing or displaying
broadcasting
Entertainment and other ones which have to do with verbalizing etc

The talent of the artist is characterized by:
Designing
Inventing
Constructing
Developing and other ones that has to do with scientific thoughts.

In Africa we seems to be partial in exploiting this two broad talents. The only talent Nigerian appreciate and recognise is that of artiste. And we are not paying attentions - no provision to enhance the scientific talents.
these white people do not just wake up one day and start inventing technologies.

WHAT  CAN  WE  DO  TO  STOP  THIS  TREND AS A SOLUTION

I remember I read a book of the history of the inventory of aeroplane.
Before wright emerges as the inventor of aeroplane, many people have came up with different ideas and technics of which after their death, as technology advances those ideas were modified to meet the need of the present and the foreseeable future. The first man to bring out the idea of aeroplane was actually looking at the birds of heaven and fall in love with their mode of movement - flying, though sees it as the only way to escape from a prison where he was and therefore he wishes he could also fly like birds. which he pursue to death while others still carry it up respectively.
This shows that some people are naturally born scientist, of which we have such here in Nigeria,even u this particular reader may be born scientist,or any of your siblings.

it start from where you are, from home, from the scratch.

as a parent:

we know the present now is characterized by technological impotency,what about the future?try study your child,which talent did he or she brings to the world,encourage them. help them have time to develop their talent less other things shock their interest.

As a teacher and school management:

Don't be ignorant of this. As u are making provision for music classes, do not ignore some pupils or students there, who are showing no interest in performing or music.
Study their way of life - which of the two broad talents is characterized by introvertial ones and which one is characterized by extrovertial ones, and figure them out. boost,encourage their love for their talent. Give them more reason to dedicate time for their talents less other things chock it off.

As the boy/girl,man/woman who is the "born scientist"

Try to remind yourself of those amazing things you made from damaged electronics or ones u build from the scratch. When you are still younger than this. Remind yourself of how u think when the pace of your life is less hectic - when u have that sufficient time to think creatively as a little child.
Encourage yourself that you can make use of ur talent.

As Govenment and cooperate bodies:

Try to make,implement and enforce policies that is strictly for building work of art and science among youths -students.
And have it in mind that,this requires stepwise series of actions. According to mark zukerberg in one of his pubication: "Building Global Community"
He said;we over estimate what we can achieve in 2years and under estimate what we can achieve in 10years.
Meaning, if we do not achieve this goal in two years we should not give up, don't under estimate the possibility of your success to achieve a ten years goal.

As a Reader of this writeup

U may fall to anyone I've earlier mentioned up there,but as a reader i have general assignment for you.
Try to rebroadcast this until it circulate to the Nigeria authorities. Untill it get to those who has the will-power.

#GODBLESSNIGERIA
Re: Reason  Why  Africans  Are  Not  Up  To  White  People by Getsaved(m): 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2018
Op. You are right. I was a private lesson teacher about two years ago to a wealthy family. I was teaching one of their son who was in primary school. They actually screened me alot before allowing me to take the boy. This boy was so intelligent, if you are not smart he would fall your hand. He had other elder brothers who were very intelligent as well but they were in secondary school (boarding). I taught them briefly when they came from boarding school. This young boy is naturally gifted with great inquisitive, innovative and scientific mind. We became fond of each other. Even the family became fond of me (secretely - they did'nt show it). Before I taught him his report card was always around 10th or 9th position. But I took him to third position before I left. The week before I left him for my new job he asked me, "Uncle, are going to teach me till my secondary school?". I bypass his quetion with wisdom.
When I left, I wrote a personal report (via SMS) to the mother concerning their son. That they should make him school abroad. I let them know alot of things I saw in their child. Up till today, the family still calls or sms me that they still remember me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason  Why  Africans  Are  Not  Up  To  White  People by Vers4Gideon(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
Getsaved:
Op. You are right. I was a private lesson teacher about two years ago to a wealthy family. I was teaching one of their son who was in primary school. They actually screened me alot before allowing me to take the boy. This boy was so intelligent, if you are not smart he would fall your hand. He had other elder brothers who were very intelligent as well but they were in secondary school (boarding). I taught them briefly when they came from boarding school. This young boy is naturally gifted with great inquisitive, innovative and scientific mind. We became fond of each other. Even the family became fond of me (secretely - they did'nt show it). Before I taught him his report card was always around 10th or 9th position. But I took him to third position before I left. The week before I left him for my new job he asked me, "Uncle, are going to teach me till my secondary school?". I bypass his quetion with wisdom.
When I left, I wrote a personal report (via SMS) to the mother concerning their son. That they should make him school abroad. I let them know alot of things I saw in their child. Up till today, the family still calls or sms me that they still remember me.

Wow! Getsaved, in fact it has been a very long time I've written this post here, but do not remember again as ive lost access to my account. as I was just searching through the site ,and I needed to login, that is how I remembered to login to my account . I was able to change pswd and I regained Access. Today been July 09 2020, I came across this post of mine again and saw your comments. I'm glad that you share the same thought with me.

(1) (Reply)

‘FG Withholding Allocation To Favour Fayemi’ – PDP Speaks / The Dapchi Girls Watching Nigeria vs Iceland / How Oyegun Ruined APC, Oshiomole Must Resist Stranglehold Of Lucifers In The Rul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.