Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) (65605 Views)

Pogba Lookalike Spotted In Nigeria [photos ] / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 10:49am On Jun 14, 2018
theDEVILisHERE:

Black people wearing suit look like slaves
Very very stupid look

In Traditional attire they look royal and elegant
Wear them

Does the attire have a name?

Or is the name "traditional"?
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 14, 2018
MrBachelor:
Let me drop this here.
hahahaha..dis yaff threw me off balance
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Encoreunltd(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2018
revontuli:

Thank you for the explanation! So those dresses ladies wear at traditional weddings are asoebi?

Yup!

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Ishilove: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2018
AdeniyiA:

Hi Ishi, bn a while.
I tot u're no longer here
Indeed, very long while. I never left, you're the one who disappeared. how have you been?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by senitorspeaker(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2018
hmmm ok oo. so American Countries abi Europe Countries don't have culture? let's say they av left this level unknown years ago. it's a sport event and not a cultural event
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by coolh3ad(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
jumper524:
e too make sense..

You know something. Chop knuckle Bros.

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
Ishilove:

Indeed, very long while. I never left I, you're the one who disappeared. how have you been?

I read more and post less...
#life nd phase cool
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by BozzBoy(m): 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

You are actually right. We do have our own suits too as seen below.... We just decided to look more traditionally classy representative of our national pride, heritage and colours.

Mr Nerd U Get SuperEagles Picture Museum For Ya House?
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by kanosalami: 12:58pm On Jun 14, 2018
BloggersNG:
Ebuka and hiptv Just shared these Photos of Iranian Footballers as they Posed for their Official Photoshoot come World cup 2018, And Nigerians have been comparing their own and that of The Super Eagles, But we are only repping our culture, Anyway Check them out and comment what you think..

Meanwhile, Ya'll Know the Much Anticipated World Cup start tomorrow, June 14, I hope ya'll are ready..

Written by Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/world-cup-see-how-iranian-footballers.html

I now know why we can't do anything right. The world is leaving us behind we have to join the rest of the world not acting like the odd nation all the time. Imagine our leaders always
traveling to Europe wearing
traditional attire during winter. We need leaders who can adapt to change!
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Ishilove: 1:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
AdeniyiA:

I read more and post less...
#life nd phase cool
Hows the fam?
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
Shey Na Jalamia Nd Turban Na Im Make Dem Dey Wear So Dat Dem Go Dey Call Dem Terrorist
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by fydax: 2:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
safarigirl:
Nigeria based on cultural representation.

Iran does not look diferent from Brazil or England....no uniqueness. Nigeria has that

The only thing the Nigerian team missed, is arrangement. Dem just gather like small children wey wan snap picture, no coordination

Lol � � exactly
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by AfricAryan: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
Rapoo:

is this jealousy of what?

Park well
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by theDEVILisHERE: 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
aribisala0:

Does the attire have a name?
Or is the name "traditional"?

Traditional here means your native atire
Kaftan, Babariga, isiagwu etc what ever is native to ur area of Africa wear it
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:26am On Jun 15, 2018
theDEVILisHERE:

Traditional here means your native atire

Kaftan, Babariga, isiagwu etc what ever is native to ur area of Africa wear it

Traditional means NOTHING

If it is kaftan call it Kaftan. If is Babariga call it babariga and so on

All those words like native and traditional are insulting and should be avoided.

If at all anyone is calling my clothes native let it not be ME

I do not see Europeans or anyone else calling THEIR OWN clothes "NATIVE"

NATIVE was a very derogatory word during the colonial era indicating a superiior>inferior relationship.

Many are not aware and just go along .

For me I am wearing a Buba and Sokoto and that is what it should be called not "NATIVE". If you insist on that then those words will enter the English dictionary just like Fedora,kaftan,dashiki,poncho,sombrero, etc
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:35am On Jun 15, 2018
kanosalami:
I now know why we can't do anything right. The world is leaving us behind we have to join the rest of the world not acting like the odd nation all the time. Imagine our leaders always
And when the Europeans come to Africa during summer they wear dashiki?

You need to raise your consciousness .

Dem done release you but you never release yourself
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:42am On Jun 15, 2018
kanosalami:
And when the Europeans come to Africa during summer they wear dashiki?
What do the Saudis wear when they go to Europe in the winter?
The people of Siberia survived for millenia without suits

You need to raise your consciousness .

Dem done release you but you never release yourself

The Oyo say

Aji sebi Oyo la ri

Oyo o se bi baba enikan

We encounter those that imitate the Oyo

TheOyo never imitates anyone

You must be true to yourself but you can only do that when you know who you are.

In matters of dress which have to do with identity we must not copy anyone

They have replaced our deities,language even dress what else is left they now programme folk like you to spew this nonsense

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:49am On Jun 15, 2018
senitorspeaker:
hmmm ok oo.
so American Countries abi Europe Countries don't have culture?
let's say they av left this level unknown years ago.
it's a sport event and not a cultural event
Sport is not culture?

Wearing a suit with a tie is CULTURE
Eating with a fork and knife is dulture and yes

using toilet roll is culture

Open a dictionary
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by donhils: 7:44am On Jun 15, 2018
Slay Kings everywhere
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 7:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ishilove:

Hows the fam?
Great!
Tnx
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by theDEVILisHERE: 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
aribisala0:

Traditional means NOTHING

If it is kaftan call it Kaftan. If is Babariga call it babariga and so on

All those words like native and traditional are insulting and should be avoided.

If at all anyone is calling my clothes native let it not be ME

I do not see Europeans or anyone else calling THEIR OWN clothes "NATIVE"

NATIVE was a very derogatory word during the colonial era indicating a superiior>inferior relationship.

Many are not aware and just go along .

For me I am wearing a Buba and Sokoto and that is what it should be called not "NATIVE". If you insist on that then those words will enter the English dictionary just like Fedora,kaftan,dashiki,poncho,sombrero, etc

Semantics doesn't matter
No need for drama
Getting the point I made is what matters

Substance over theatrics is the code for the wise
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 9:29am On Jun 19, 2018
theDEVILisHERE:

Semantics doesn't matter
No need for drama
Getting the point I made is what matters

Substance over theatrics is the code for the wise

You make plenty of sense...........

to yourself
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by theDEVILisHERE: 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
aribisala0:

You make plenty of sense...........
to yourself
Ofcourse.......

I can't please everyone
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by rainbow333(m): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZe7Z_22okw&t=6s

Watch this funny comedy title =how girls react to strangers � � (xpliot comedy)
Every girls needs a rich man why?�
like, share and drop a comment after watching
but don't forget to click on subscribe ����
Re: World Cup: Iranian Footballers' Outfits Vs Nigeria (Photos) by rainbow333(m): 2:55pm On Mar 14, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proof Match Officials Were Against Manchester City In Game With Liverpool / Cristiano Ronaldo Offered To Barcelona / Mikel Obi’s Luxurious Lifestyle – N850m Mansion, Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.