Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Nku And His Many Troubles. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nku And His Many Troubles. (447 Views)

The Many Troubles Of Tobi / Troubles Waters (fictional) / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nku And His Many Troubles. by Goodemilia05(m): 10:06am On Jun 14, 2018
Nku and His Many troubles is a literary exposition of Nku, my Alter Ego, having discussions in form of short stories, with the person I am today. The series achieves through the narration, the interrogation of some of my past decisions, acts, indulgence and behaviors.

The exposition captures real life events, stories but flavoured by and with sensational fiction in order to adequately press out a clearer perspective and as well, embellish the narration while tickling the readers fantasy.

I am certain this is a tale you all will enjoy; stay tuned.
Re: Nku And His Many Troubles. by Roycemadeit(m): 10:32am On Jun 14, 2018
Can't wait fi this.

1 Like

Re: Nku And His Many Troubles. by Goodemilia05(m): 11:23am On Jun 15, 2018
Nku and His Many Troubles. [1]

Nku, there are many stories behind you. Like last year, how a girl lay naked beside you and head on your chest, telling his boyfriend how much she love him. Damn, she called him 'honey' and saved his name on contact list as 'Sweetheart.'

Nku, you were a maester and you are always in control. You lay as still as a dying wood, you even knew how to lower the volume of your heartbeat, so the foolish lover over the phone won't hear nor suspect nothing.

Alas Nku, you are the foolish one. Not only were you thinking of the Yoruba Muslim girl always on hijab, right there as the Christian South-South lady lay on you, deceiving his boyfriend, you also was thinking how to deconstruct the faithful Muslim, falling her to your bed.

A time will come Nku, when everyone will lay claim to whom they call their own but you won't have none. And by then, it doesn't matter if they were cheating on each other; they just have each other.

My pain Nku, is that you lead these girls to seeing the cracks in their relationships, you shepherd them to breaking up but you won't be there anymore to cuddle them or console them. What's your concern? You have already taken count and it doesn't matter to you if she henceforth hate guys.

Now, Nku, you have your own, and you so dearly love her but you are insecure and afraid. But you really love her and you show it. But it is time Nku, it is time we remind you that you are not only the fuckboy who lived. It is time I tell you I don't believe in Karma but Karma believes in you. She has a date with you and it is imminent.

Nku, that call yesterday, from where do you think she was answering? Nku, it was from my chest, while I was thinking of Kingsley, my gay lover.
Re: Nku And His Many Troubles. by Goodemilia05(m): 11:27am On Jun 15, 2018
Nku and His Many Troubles. [2]

Nku was about leaving school when he met that girl; the first to make him consider identifying with a specific girl. Ann was ebony and beautiful. She was black in the way of a lump of charcoal, dipped in water, exposed and then shinning against the reflection of the sun.

But Ann was a virgin. And Nku was just like majority of guys, who share in the fear of being the first man to know a certain woman. The popular belief is that in doing so, not only will an unexplainable bond develop but also, there exists a certain potency in any words of curse she levies on you in the case of heartbreak and maltreatment.

"There is blood there; and if you break her heart, she can break your soul," Nku told me in front of the school library, five weeks from degree exams.

Such manner was our discussions always within that period. Nku started each conversation with the talk of Ann's virginity and ended the dialogue with the same issue. "I can't do it," he plainly accepted to me in front of Golden Garden Lodge. I saw fear, for the first time, laid comfortably in his eyes. He continued, "I can't do it brother. I don't have the mind. That girl treats me well; the type of lady I want. But I won't date her. I will tell her that as a fresh graduate soon to be, I can't see a colourful future with her because I am bound to struggle; and I shouldn't bring her along into it."

I spoke with Nku last time, two months ago. "I might not have grown beards," he said to me, "but I have grown a strong mind. I am in Port Harcourt now; and I am into bunkering. Man must survive." he declared with a tone of finality, such that expresses a criminal's absence of aspiration to repentance.

Although I didn't ask him, I wondered; now that he has grown mind, something he lacked in our final year and so left Ann and her sealed hymen; does it means he can now deflower a girl?
Re: Nku And His Many Troubles. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2018
OP add a little salt
Re: Nku And His Many Troubles. by Roycemadeit(m): 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
Hmmmm
Apostle will hear of this

(1) (Reply)

Mother's Love / Diary Series; Miriam's Diary / Suicide Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.