Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com (981 Views)

My Son My Man- A Story / A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2018
Chapter 1 ep 1

“What my brother does is a mystery to me “, Phoebe said. “Don’t you think that’s odd? Phoebe chuckled humorlessly. “My whole life is odd? A brother-in-law who. Who what? She couldn’t admit it, couldn’t say the damning words that she was attracted to her husband’s brother.” who….bothers me. And yes I do think it’s all strange. Real strange. I just hope that I can figure it out soon before I go out of my mind.”
“Or before you get killed,” he said solemnly. A chill ran through her blood, “killed?” She repeated.
She had considered the fact that someone might be trying to murder her, but she’d always tossed of the idea, condemned it as her own brand of paranoia. To hear it from someone else made it so much real.
Phoebe sighed and shook her head. “No way”. This is too farfetched. I was in an accident, just last week. Period . There wasn’t anything sinister about it,” she said trying to convince herself. No one was really trying to kill her.

Or were they?
Why would someone want me dead?” she asked.
“Because someone’s afraid of you…..of what you remember…..” .there was a sound which indicated all was not well. He killed her. His muscles tightened. Shit he needed a cigarette.
She’s dead. You sent her black soul straight to hell.
And she fucking deserved it.
“Come on baby, light my fire…..”
Yeah, well, never again. The bitch wasn’t ever going to light anyone’s fire again. First victim gone, two more to go.

for full story https://www.donsimonii.com/2018/05/faceless-ep-1.html

Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 7:20am On Jun 15, 2018
A week after max decided it was time for him to make a move on Pepper. He dialed her number, after a second she picked “Hi”, she said
“Hey Pepper. How are you doing?” he asked
“Great, how? ……I mean you and Fiona okay now like after the fight?” she asked
“Yeah, been trying to apologize to her, maybe I could use your help,” he said
“I will try my best ‘cos Phoebe would have been the best candidate for that but now she…she’s dead,” Pepper said and burst into tears.
“It’s okay you don’t have to cry…..alright?”
“Yeah, thanks…..Max there’s something I need to tell you, I figure you’re the only person I can tell right now.” She said
“Okay, how ‘bout dinner next tomorrow then you can tell me what’s wrong,” he asked
“That’d be great,” she replied
“Alright then I’ll come pick you 6pm.”
“Okay. Thanks”, she said and cut the call
“Can I get you a drink”, Max asked
“Sure” Pepper replied.
Max returns with a bottle of scotch. Serves them each.
“Did Fiona mention to you she’d be travelling next month to Labasco?”
“Not at all,” Max said…..Labasco, Fiona is going to Labasco to do what? He thought. “Why is she going there?” he asked
“She just said she wanted to tell your father about the fight you guys had and bla bla bla……now to my own problem.” She said
“You know what”, Pepper began.
“What”
“I’m scared”, she chuckled,” my world is unraveling fast. One by one members of my family are dying. I’m certain am being watched “or is she losing her mind” “ lately I’ve heard footsteps when there’s no one around, smelled a man’s perfume, and noticed small personal items missing from the house. I just hope I can uncover it soon before I…….”
“Get killed”, he said.
“What! ....I mean, what do you mean”, “if it’s a joke stop it”
Stands to take her leave, falls instantly.
Hmmm, she’s dead.
“One more to go.”

Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2018
EP 3

It’s the next car…….she’s coming in the next car, a black Mercedes coupe, an S500, travelling South, just as we planned”, Max said.
“I thought she drove a Porsche”, a voice crackling through the static of his two-way radio replied.
“She’s driving a Mercedes!” Max snapped angrily.
“You’ve got about ninety seconds”.
“Got it”. Eyes narrowed.
She was getting nearer.
His heart hammered. He remembered the scent of her skin, the look in her eyes. The depth of her betrayal. She deserved this, the self-righteous bitch. He only wished she could know that he was the instrument of her death.
Adrenalin surged through his blood.
“In the twinkle of an eye” a truck crossed her path.
“She was dead” she is still dead and will keep on dying as long as I know she’s alive.
She couldn’t see, couldn’t speak……oh God. She couldn’t see, couldn’t move her hand. She tried to open her eyes, but her eyelids wouldn’t move.
“Ms. Fiona?”
Ms. Fiona? There was a touch, someone’s cool fingers on the back of the hand “Ms. Fiona, can you hear me?” The voice, kind and female, sounded as if it was carried from a great distance…..far away, from a spot on the other side of the pain. Me? I’m Ms. Fiona? That sounded wrong, but she didn’t know why.
Was she dreaming, probably
“Your brother’s here to see you.”
My brother? But I don’t have…..Oh, God, what’s happening to me? Am I going crazy…..Yeah well I’ve gone crazy because I don’t seem to remember anything.
“Where am I?” she yelled
“Ms. Fiona, please take it easy ….. What! Did you just talk, you’ve been in coma for the past six weeks. I’ll need to call the Doctor”
”of course… but wait did I just talk?”
“Yeah, your brother is here to see you”
Brother, brother, brother…….remember something his face, look, build, your parents…..just a waste of time, nothing seems to be coming up.
‘Tell him….no
“Tell him to come in”
‘’alright ma’am’’
A minute later, Max walks in.
“Fiona? It’s Max”…….he said. His deep baritone voice was loud.
“I don’t know you”
Oh God why couldn’t she remember?
Had she seen his face before, color of his hair, the width of his shoulders, the size of his shoes, any little trait…..my brother…..what? Impossible.
Max’s pov
I sat down on a chair.
Shit! She doesn’t remember me that serves the bitch right. I hope she remains like that forever.
“Never mind”, I said “the doctor said it’ll take only a couple of weeks for you to recover from the amnesia”
“Yeah, hope so”, she said.
Gritting my teeth, I strode to the bed and felt like a damned intruder. She was lying on her back, her face bruised and swollen beyond recognition, her jaw wired. “Jesus” I whispered.
This was Fiona.
My gut clenched. I’d told myself I would never forgive her for betraying me, but standing over her as I did now, I couldn’t help but feel a sliver of empathy for the pathetic bitch who is my sister. Damn she looked bad, barely alive I wish she had died…..Bleep. Her head had been shaved on one side and there were visible stitches in the dark stubble. I hate this so called sister of mine……..shit, I needed a cigarette.
“The Doctor said you should be discharged in two days”, he said
“Why not now”
“Because you need to heal”
“Huff”

Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by grammys: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
nice, following
Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by Parollawd(m): 10:26am On Jun 19, 2018
Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 5:40am On Sep 27, 2018
Ep 4

Two days later, she was getting ready to be released. Dr. Robert had given her every test imaginable, seemed satisfied with her results and now she was just waiting for the results when the door to her hospital room creaked open. “Miss Fiona?” a man said poking his head inside. ”I’m Detective Joe. San Francisco Police Department.”
Her heart skipped as he, dressed in dark pants and jacket tossed over a casual shirt, eased into the room. He would be full of questions. Questions for which she had no answers. Her head was clearer but images would still flicker and die, leaving her with nothing. He flashed his batch and Fiona’s heart sank.
“Sorry to bother you here at the hospital, “Joe apologized with a deep brown eyes and a solemn, concerned expression, he seemed like a nice enough guy. He was studying her with dark suspicious eyes. “I’m helping with the investigation of the accident. I’d like to hear what you remember about what happened.” He placed a recorder on the table. “Tell me anything you recall.”
“That’s easy”, she said. “Nothing .”
“Nothing?”
“Haven’t you already talked with my Doctor?”
“Yeah, he mentioned you had amnesia.”
“It’s true, Detective and a real pain in the neck.”
“Believe me, I’d love to help you, but I just don’t know much.”
“You don’t even remember what ran out in front of you to make you swerve, if anything?” he asked
“Nothing”
“The driver of the truck, Parteno James is barely holding on in a burn ward at a hospital across town. We’re hoping he wakes up and can remember something.”
“The poor man,” she whispered. “I’m sorry,”
“Me, too.” Getting to his feet, he fished in his pocket and placed a card
on the table. He switched off the recorder and kept it in his pocket. “That’s it for today, but if you remember anything, contact me.”
“I will”, she promised.
“A hundred grand.” He was irritated as he spoke into the pay phone.
“Twenty-five doesn’t cut it.”
“Of course, it does……want her dead, a hundred grand settled”
“You’ll get your money, but you have to try harder this time around. She has to die. And it has to be an accident.
“I could go to the police.”
“Try it.”
“I will”
“Not with your record.”
“Shit.”
“You’ll get your money, once the job’s done and done right. No Bleep-ups. Got it?”
“Yeah, yeah.”
The woman god-dammed deserved to die.
“I need a number where I can reach you.”
His nose was beginning to run. He swiped at it with his sleeve and sniffed.
“No. I’ll contact you.”
“But…..”
Click
The connection was lost
“You son of a bitch. You goddamned rich son of a bitch.”
He slammed the receiver down
Dealing with rich bastards usually made him thirsty.

Read more here https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/FACELESS?m=1
Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 7:05am On Sep 28, 2018
Story lovers visit www.donsimonii.com now for your interesting stories
Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 9:00am On Sep 29, 2018
EP 5

“I remember this place,” Fiona whispered as the Bentley sped up a narrow road. Yes, yes, yes! She’d been here before; she was sure of it.
HOME.
Electronic gates opened and a huge mansion glowed in the twilight
“I remember this,” she whispered, feeling like a fool
“Do you?” Max’s smile was wide, but there wasn’t much warmth in his eye “who cares if you do”, he thought
“Did you think I would fake it?”
“No, of course not.” Bitch
A silver Jaguar was parked in one spot and there was still room for another vehicle-undoubtedly her car
“Where’s….”
“Your Porsche is in the shop, waiting for a part.”
“I drive a Porsche?”
“You did,” he said. You will again. As soon as you’re well and we get the car back. But you might want to wait awhile…….because of the accident.”
If only she could live that one night over again
“And if wishes were horses, beggars would ride…”
“Pardon?” Max asked
“Oh, it’s nothing, just something my mother used to say…”
Yes! Her mother, she had an image of a woman, but it wasn’t clear.
“You remember her?” “Our” mother idiot
“Yes…..no, not quite but I will.”
Max reached into his pocket for a cigarette.
“You said she was dead.”
“That’s right….Years ago.” Our mother
Too bad, she thought
“Over here-the elevator, “Max reminded her as she glanced around the house experiencing the feeling that she’d never set foot in here before.
But you remember the house! You did! Don’t worry about it. “Do you want to go straight to the bedroom so you can lie down?” he asked
“Sure, that will do”
The lab coat was a couple of sizes too big, but it didn’t matter. One of the burn ward nurses hadn’t shown up for duty tonight because his car was bad and his cell phone stolen as the hospital was searching for a staff to fill the void.
By the time they were busy with that, he’d be done. The lights were too bright for his liking, but there wasn’t much he could do about that, and he shoved a pair of semi-recommended glasses onto his nose. He walked with confidence. The name tag on his ID card and picture were of Daniel Cooper. He figured no one would notice that the picture on the ID card didn’t match his face as he strode down the hallway. What a joke.
He had always been on the outside looking into the hospital. Well now he wasn’t only looking, he was fucking

smashing the window.
Near the burn ward, he waited until the overworked Nurse on duty was called into a room. As she went he crept on silent footsteps to Parteno James’ room.
Lying in bed, the man looked like a monster. Any skin that was visible was red. Bandages was on some part of his body. He looked stiff, as tubes going in and out of his body dripping God-only-knew-what into his bloodstream
Too late.
James wasn’t going to make it.
He moved to the bedside of the unlucky bastard. That’s what you get when you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Too bad, James.
You cost me, you son of a bitch, he thought, then took a small, rubber sheet from his pocket and placed his gloved hands over James’ mouth and nose. The man stiffened, tried to breathe, struggled in his unconscious state. Parteno James had been knocking on the door of death for much too long. He just helped the bastard.
As he moved silently away from the bed and the damned monitors starting beeping loudly and wildly, he smiled and walked on silent footsteps to a back stairs. He opened the door and left.
The way he looked at it, he’d done the sorry son of a bitch a favour. A big one.
He ran into a nurse running in the opposite direction
“Excuse me,” she said, her gaze moving to his ID card then up to his face. A confused expression crossed her face. “Daniel?” she said. “Hey!”
He turned quickly. Dashed through the glass door and prayed the woman didn’t get too close to look at his face, as he nearly tripped over an elderly woman being pushed in a wheelchair.
“Son of a bitch,” he whispered, taking off the lab coat and running across the express. He looked back, saw the nurse at the door. She was talking to another woman. Her fingers were pointing in the direction of the street. Still running, he ignored the pain in his ankle, crossed another couple of streets and found his jeep just where he’d left it.
Adrenalin surged through his blood as he climbed in, he lit a cigarette and left the hospital behind.
He’d had nearly gotten caught.
But hadn’t
Grinning to himself, he looked down at the white lab coat with its ID tag and the picture of Daniel Cooper staring up at him. He placed his cigarette on the tag and the smell of burning plastic filled the Jeep.

READ MORE HERE https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/FACELESS
Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 11:09am On Oct 01, 2018
EP 6

“Die, bitch!” ‘The voice was low. Filled with hate. Fiona froze in the bed. Her eyes flew open. The room was so dark. She began to panic.
Oh, God, was someone there?
She screamed the dark lonely room, but no one was in her room and yet …..yet …..
Sweat enveloped her. Fiona dismissed her fear and turned on the bedside lamp. Everything looked normal. She’d been dreaming; that was it. Probably because she didn’t feel well. The soup she ate at dinner had given her a very unpleasant stomach upset.
There was no one in the room.
She let out her breath and heard something – footsteps
What? She shot out of bed. Calm down, she told herself, but couldn’t stop the sweat running down her face as she slowly scanned the room – bathroom, closet, curtain, searching for any hint that a stranger’s presence had threatened her. She found nothing. Aside from the servants, she was alone. She walked the short distance that led to Max’s bedroom and tried to open the door – It was locked. “Where the Bleep could he be by this time”… she questioned herself and why the hell would he lock his room

door
Privacy…… think Fiona….. privacy, but why? What was he afraid of? That someone would go through his things? Or was he hiding something? But how could the maid clean up after him if he kept his room off-limits? Was he hiding something from the staff? Or from her?
Fiona rested her hand on the doorknob, tried to turn it again and failed.
The door is locked because of you, Fiona, and you know it. He doesn’t trust you. You’ve sensed it. She headed back to her room and eyed her bed.
”Where’s father?” Fiona asked
When he didn’t answer, she touched his arm. “Where”
He slid her a glance that made her jerk
“At some institution” Max allowed
“Maybe it’s time I found out just where I stand with dear old Dad,” she suggested. “I think I should visit him.”
“Do you want me to take you?” Max inquired
“Yes.” Suddenly she was certain. “The sooner the better.”
“Then let’s go.”
“Just let me grab a coat, and a purse and…..” It occurred to her that she had no wallet, no driver’s license, no credit cards. It was as if she had no identity.
“I’ll be down in a minute.” She hurried upstairs, found a leather purse, a pair of sunglasses in the top drawer and a tube of lipstick.
She muttered, hurrying down the stairs
No ID. No money. No car. No damned memory. It was as if she really didn’t exist.

Read More here https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/FACELESS
Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2018
ep 7

“They found Cooper’s lab coat,” Lisa Bot said as she stuck her head into Joe’s office. “The ID tag was still intact, but it was a little hard to read. Someone had crushed a cigarette into it, spoilt the picture pretty good. She entered his office and placed pieces of type written paper on his desk. “Here’s the report. Everything’s down in Evidence if you want to take a look at it.”
“Don’t suppose there were any fingerprints on the tag?” Joe asked without much hope. Whoever was behind this Fiona mess was too smart to be caught – no mistakes.
“Just Cooper’s.” She sat on a chair
“And the lab coat?”
“Nope.”
“Yeah. Fiona George called and claimed that her memory is coming back. Not all of it, mind you, just bits and pieces, she says she was going somewhere in her car but seems not to be able to remember where she was going, but she says that she saw someone in the road. Both she and James swerved so as to miss the bastard. She went to one side of the road, the trucker the other.”
“Jesus, do you believe that?”
“Not yet. She’s coming in later today to make a formal statement, then we’ll see.”
“What happened to the guy who ran into the road?”
“Since he was not flattened into a pancake and there was no trace of a dead body in the woods, I assumed he got away.
“She claims the guy in the road glowed which meant light came from him.
“What if the guy held up a mirror to confuse…”
“Don’t you think you’re jumping into conclusions? Who would want Fiona George dead? And why not kill her straightaway- push her down the stairs, or stab her? Why all this trouble? Just to make it look like an accident? I’m not buying it.”
“I think James was the intended victim,” Joe thought aloud. “Someone went through a lot of trouble to see that he never woke up, while Fiona George went home to her private estate. Maybe James was the target all along.”
“Except that he’s clean.”
“Unlike anyone related to the George family.”
Shit, this case was driving him

nuts.
In Max’s opinion, their father may as well have been dead. Lying flat on his back, tubes running in and out of his body, the old man glanced towards the doorway of his private room as Fiona opened the door. “Dad?” she said, approaching the bed while Max stayed behind. He didn’t want to mess up the reunion.
Fiona touched the back of one of his bony hands.
“It’s Fiona.”
He moved his head to one side and stared at her through pain clouded eyes. “Fiona?” he repeated, he looked confused. Once a robust man who has carried himself with pride, he’d been ravaged by age and disease, reduced to a skeleton.
“No.” He jerked his hand from hers, took his glasses wore them and stared at her.
“Yes, yes, I know I look different, but it’s because I’ve been in an accident….” She hurried to explain, “but I’m okay now. I cut my hair, but….”
“You’re not Fiona.” “An imposter, that’s what you’re. “You’re both imposters.” He motioned toward the window pane where pictures of Fiona, he and his wife and Max.
“That’s Fiona.”
“Yes, Dad, I know.”
“And you thought because I’m about to meet my maker you could come in here and pull wool over my eyes.”
“You never understand, did you?” his old voice fading. “You’re not my daughter.”
“But…..” She said, then stopped, her lips were trembling. “Oh, God…”
“Get out, Now!”
Someone bustled through the doorway. “Mr. George, is there something wrong”
“Yes,” George hissed so hard. “Get these people out of here and never let them back in!”
“But she’s your daughter and he’s your son,” the nurse said gently.
“Bah! She’s not mine.”
“Mr. George!” The nurse feigned shock. The nurse sent Fiona a look that quietly told her George wasn’t completely in his right mind.
“Get them out and be quick about it,” he ordered, and the nurse ushered them out of the room.
“Let’s get out of here,” Max said to Fiona
“George always was a miserable old bastard,”
Max said as they walked along a sidewalk to the parking lot
“He’s ill.”
“And he wasn’t much better when he was healthy, believe me.”
“The next time I get a brilliant idea to meet any of our relatives without an invitation, just shoot me, okay?” she suggested
“I’ll try to remember.” Bitch….gladly.

read more here https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/FACELESS
Re: Faceless, A Story On Donsimonii.com by donsimoniiblog: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2018
EP 8

The house was dark. Quiet. The only sound Fiona heard came from outside her window. It’s now or never, she thought. She wore her robe over her pyjamas. She heard the sound of keys in her pocket- Max’s keys. And now it was time to use them. She had forced herself to stay awake until she was certain Max had gone out.
She went down the hall to Max’s room. She tried the door locked as usual. No surprise.
“What are you hiding?” She wondered aloud
She inserted the first key… It didn’t work
She tried the second … same
She tried next… It slid into the lock but wouldn’t turn. The clock in the hallway struck one.
Come on, come on, she thought, trying two more keys before the door finally opened. Fiona stepped into the room that smelled mostly of cigarette smoke. “Now, Fiona think,” she whispered and dropping the keys back into her pocket. She saw that name Rylee Pans. She pulled the card from its holder, reading the address and phone number. Telling herself that it didn’t matter, that it was the middle of the night. With trembling fingers, she dialed. Waited within seconds there was a click and the woman’s voice-playful, mischievous. ‘Hi. You know what? Ya missed me I’m out. Leave your name and number and I’ll call you back. If you are lucky.”
Fiona hung up fast. Should she have left a message?
Who was that woman? A stranger?
As it was Fiona couldn’t waste any more time, so she dropped the card into her pocket with Max’s keys, and searched through his diary, hoping that seeing a name or address or phone number would trigger her memory, but she was disappointed.
“Never give up,” She told herself and turned attention to his computer. She needed a password to get into his e-mail and used all combinations she could think of, but nothing opened the damned files. The clock in the hallway struck 1:30am. How long would Max be out? All night?
She took in a deep breath. Somehow she would uncover all the dirty little secrets of her so called brother, Max.
And of your own, Fiona. What secrets are you hiding?
“Don’t think that way”, she told herself. She was running out of time and there was one last drawer she had not checked.
“Give me strength,” she whispered.
She slid open the drawer and saw a “gun”
A small, silver-plated pistol.
Her heart nearly stopped. Why would Max have a gun?
To protect himself and his family - a family he rarely saw? Or to do bodily harm? She lifted the weapon, checked the chamber and saw the bullets….Her throat went dry. The damned thing was loaded, it felt heavy. She considered putting it back in the drawer because she didn’t want Max to know she’d been snooping, but…. Maybe she’d need it and maybe by taking it she’d prevent him from using it.
Oh, Lord, she couldn’t trust him, she knew in her heart she couldn’t. Who was this man who kept secrets, locked doors, and hid a pistol in his drawer.
Someone was coming. Fiona went instantly still. She should leave. Now. But what about the gun? If she took the pistol from the drawer Max would realize someone had taken it. If she left it, he could use it ….. against her. Carefully she put the pistol in her pocket as she heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs.
Max!
Damn.
There was no time to go out the hall and hurry to her room. She had to hope he would go in through the suite. With trembling fingers she kept the files, closed the drawers,

locked them and locked the door to the hallway. He was on the top step. She switched off the light and entered the exercise room, shutting the door behind her. Then she waited. His footsteps closer.
Please don’t let him find me.
He entered after unlocking the door and entered the computer room.
“Son of a bitch,” he said under his breath.
“What the hell? Why is this screen saver on? Who’s been in here?
His phone rang
“Hello?”
Get out now. This is your chance.
On silent footsteps she left his room. Eavesdropping.
“Yeah…. I know….No, I didn’t call…. I said I didn’t shit! You’re sure? Yeah, I know about caller ID…. Well, when? I wasn’t home yet…. Jesus Christ, someone’s figured it out!”
Max had to be talking to Rylee Paris and she was telling him about the phone call she had made.
Oh, God, no! somehow the woman was mixed up in this mess, but how? Why? Her head was pounding and she knew she had to get out. Fast.
Fiona didn’t wait another second. He was involved in something deadly. Something that may have cost Parteno James his life. Something that might have been behind her nearly dying the other night. Oh God she was not safe. She had to run.
She couldn’t do anything tonight. She had to play dumb, like everything was alright, make Max think she didn’t suspect him of anything.
She entered her bedroom, tucked the gun under the mattress, threw off her robe and lay on the bed, she heard Max’s room door open. She shut her eyes and tried to breathe normally. Slow. Relax. Relax your muscles. Her bedroom door opened and she feigned sleep, breathed deeply forced her eyes to be still. He walked closer to the bed and leaned over her. She could feel his breath on her face and she wanted to scream. Breath slowly, Don’t panic.
“Fiona?” His voice in a whisper
“Fiona?” he called again. His voice calm
She didn’t answer
“Are you awake?” Damn it, he wasn’t going to give up. She rolled as if she was disturbed in her sleep.
“Fiona?” His voice was louder now.
She had to respond. “Wh-What?” she blinked her eyes open. “Oh God, you scared the hell outta me! Max?”
Acting confused and yawned. “What time is it?”
“Late. I know. I just got home. I think someone was in my office tonight. Here, the office here in the house”
“Who?”
“I’m asking you.”
“I don’t know…oh, God! An intruder! Do you think it was an intruder?”
“I don’t think it was an intruder,” he said
“Then why are you waking me up?” she asked
“We have to change the locks. I – I thought you were going to do that. Are you going to check the other floors?”
“No….Fiona….I don’t think anyone broke in.”
“But you said…”
“I thought maybe you were in the office.”
“Me? How? Isn’t it locked?”
“Yes”
“Then how…?”
“I don’t know,” he said and his face looked evil.
“But my keys are missing.”
“You think I found them and broke into your office? Oh Max don’t be ridiculous.”
“The screen saver was on in the office.”
“What does that mean?”
“That someone had used the computer in the last ten minutes, it’s programmed to stay on that long before going into sleep mode.”
“Well, I can’t explain it. You are working too hard. Go to bed, Max. We’ll figure this out in the morning.”
“Just tell me you’re not lying,” he said.
“Okay, I’m not lying and you’re acting like a lunatic”
“Don’t cross me. That would be a big mistake.” He let go of her and stormed off to the office. Probably to discover that his gun was missing.
Tomorrow she would leave.
And go where? With what? You don’t have any money. You don’t have any identification. You don’t have a car.
But she’d find a way to leave this prison.
Even if it killed her.

Read more here https://www.donsimonii.com/search/label/FACELESS

(1) (Reply)

The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher / How They Did It And They Made It / The Translator Of The Genocide In Darfur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.