Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

DSTV Exlpora HDMI Ports Keeps Spoiling - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / DSTV Exlpora HDMI Ports Keeps Spoiling (1320 Views)

Reason Why Hdmi Port Very Important In Tv Viewing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Exlpora HDMI Ports Keeps Spoiling by DoubleN(m): 10:44am On Jun 14, 2018
Hello House.

Please assist. I am currently on my 5th Explora decoder.. Yes, 5th one!

Each time, the HDMI port on the decoder just stops working. Every other thing is fine and pictures can be displayed from the VGA port.

The first time it happened, I had 2 decoders linked together and both of them got affected. Not only that it damaged the HDMI ports on the TV's as well and the LNB. I had the decoders swapped and got a SMART LNB and the same exact thing occurred however the LNB survived.

The decoders got changed again but this time, we had to change most of the RF cables in the house, Change all the HDMI cables and the TV's and got a Surge Protector for one of the TV's.

Guess what? The issue still happened again only that it affected only the decoder without the Surge Protector. The decoder got changed and we included a surge protector. However, the issue just reoccurred!

I am really confused as to what the issue can be.

Both Decoders are connected to UPS's which are connected to Central Servo Stabilizers.

Kindly assist house.

Thanks.
Re: DSTV Exlpora HDMI Ports Keeps Spoiling by Penuelseun(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2018
I think this is the result of a lightning strike, make sure your house and all your appliances are properly earthed
Re: DSTV Exlpora HDMI Ports Keeps Spoiling by Lunsat(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2018
1. Family plugging and unplugging cables too often and damaging them.
2. Wrong house wiring. Have electrician check that the live is live, neutral is neutral and earth is earth. Especially if TV and decoder use different power sockets. Maybe neutral on one is earth on the other.
3. Poor quality hdmi cables.
Re: DSTV Exlpora HDMI Ports Keeps Spoiling by DoubleN(m): 8:22pm On Jun 15, 2018
Thank you.

Is rather strange as the house is earthed and all devices get power from Central Servo Stabilizers.

The TV and the decoder actually get power from one source which is a Power adapter with a Surge Protector which is also connected to a UPS.

Could it be the Power pack of the Decoder?
Re: DSTV Exlpora HDMI Ports Keeps Spoiling by emmanuelgreat(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
Call me

For all your Free to Air

Satellite TV installation.

(1) (Reply)

Fta For Live / Wanna Start A Futball Viewing Centre / Pls Help Me Reset My Gotv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.