Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death (14523 Views)

Sad!! Late OJB'S Wife Accuse His Brothers Of Abandoning His Kids / Late Ojb Jezrel Family Member Plans On Evicting His Wife & Kids From Their Home / Drama In Late OJB Jezreel Residence Over His N50million Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by jennifermahan(f): 11:58am On Jun 14, 2018
On June 14, 2016 Nigerian music producer, Babatunde Okungbowa popularly known as OJB Jezreel died just a few days before his 50th birthday in Lagos.

Before his death, OJB and his team were happy, optimistic and putting finishing touches to plans for his 50th birthday. OJB however suffered a terrible relapse of his kidney ailment which ultimately led to his death 3 weeks before his golden jubilee.

The respected music producer and singer battled with kidney problems since 2013. He was consequently flown to India for a transplant. After the successful surgery, OJB Jezreel thanked his first wife, Mama J for being there for him and donating one of her kidneys to save his life.

He was buried on Friday, July 8, 2016 at the Ikoyi cemetery. The funeral service held at RCCG, Grace Chapel at Ogunlana Drive, Surulere before his body was moved to Ikoyi cemetery where he was buried in the same spot where his mother was buried 14 years earlier.

He is survived by three wives and eight children.

As the entertainment industry remembers him two years after his demise, his legacy as a legendary music producer who launched the careers of countless A-list music stars including Paul Play, Ruggedman, X-Appeal, Jazzman, 2face Idibia, and many others remains indelible.

Continue to Rest In Peace!

source : https://www.made4naija.com/2018/06/remembering-late-music-legend-ojb-jezreel-two-years-after-his-death/

2 Likes

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by dammiecool(m): 12:49pm On Jun 14, 2018
We miss u OJB sad
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by boolet: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
embarassed Survived by 3 wives and 8 children? Omo... no comments.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Giddymoney(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
RIP

his song reminds me of good old days

2 Likes

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by mooregan(m): 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
Oh God knows why, I'm the one whose searching.

Evergreen song smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Donopsiano(m): 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
Great musician......Am the one whose searching cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by princeade86(m): 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
rest on. I don't know why celebrities can't help each other, during d time of help. but dey can buy 1m naira bag.

12 Likes

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by oluwasegun007(m): 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Rip.... The guy get voice that tym.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by CaptMG: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
U were a legend OJB Continue rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Emmycute30(m): 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Rest on Legend

1 Like

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2018
And someone help me tell Mr. Nomoreloss
When OJB was sick, it was hurting all of us
Sometimes, even artiste(s) don’t have dough on us
Cos we sef we be human being o

3 Likes

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by LazyNairalander(m): 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
Continue to rest in peace OJB

CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by kingthreat(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
RIP OJB
I remember the song which he sang then - Babylonia

Hook
So I move one forward
Not going backwards
I must conquer
No matter the cost O God
Like Daniel Lord, deep in the dungeons
Like Samson Lord, grow again my locks, O God

Chorus
O O, tear down the structures
Yeah yeah, tear down the structures
O O, tear down the structures
O My God, Help me fight all these evil.
Babylonia, Ina mi Life

3 Likes

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by LyfeJennings(m): 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
Hmmmm
Life!!
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by updatechange(m): 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
This is the man who modified and created some of the biggest music in africa @ Jigga of Point beat studio, OJB Jazzrell. Thank you for your significant efforts in our muzic industry not only in Nigeria but the whole of Africa and beyond!. KING OJB. Continue to rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by kingjahjah(m): 2:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
Pretete master..... RIP.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Explorers(m): 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
Rest on bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by zombieHUNTER: 2:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
His manhood lives on

Three wives.... Eight kids shocked
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Liberator007(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
jennifermahan:
On June 14, 2016 Nigerian music producer, Babatunde Okungbowa popularly known as OJB Jezreel died just a few days before his 50th birthday in Lagos.

Before his death, OJB and his team were happy, optimistic and putting finishing touches to plans for his 50th birthday. OJB however suffered a terrible relapse of his kidney ailment which ultimately led to his death 3 weeks before his golden jubilee.

The respected music producer and singer battled with kidney problems since 2013. He was consequently flown to India for a transplant. After the successful surgery, OJB Jezreel thanked his first wife, Mama J for being there for him and donating one of her kidneys to save his life.

He was buried on Friday, July 8, 2016 at the Ikoyi cemetery. The funeral service held at RCCG, Grace Chapel at Ogunlana Drive, Surulere before his body was moved to Ikoyi cemetery where he was buried in the same spot where his mother was buried 14 years earlier.

He is survived by three wives and eight children.

As the entertainment industry remembers him two years after his demise, his legacy as a legendary music producer who launched the careers of countless A-list music stars including Paul Play, Ruggedman, X-Appeal, Jazzman, 2face Idibia, and many others remains indelible.

Continue to Rest In Peace!

source : https://www.made4naija.com/2018/06/remembering-late-music-legend-ojb-jezreel-two-years-after-his-death/

May his soul continue to rest in peace. Some of his songs are evergreen though
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Pavore9: 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2018
princeade86:
rest on. I don't know why celebrities can't help each other, during d time of help. but dey can buy 1m naira bag.

Wouldn't it have been better if he had stuck to one wife and used the money spent on sustaining a polygamous setting for a solid health insurance rather than relying upon the considerations of others?
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Godson201333(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
Pavore9:

Wouldn't it have been better if he had stuck to one wife and used the money spent on sustaining a polygamous setting for a solid health insurance rather than relying upon the considerations of others?

Women and fame ooo....he was from a well affluent family.
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Jenomtwist(m): 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2018
R.I.P Legendary producer

1 Like

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
I knocked 2 jobs with him....

nice dude, awesome producer, too bad some of his best products turned a blind eye when he needed them the most!... RIP!
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by kennybelle: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
princeade86:

because most of them are always throwing shades at eachother in their songs, bragging abt who is richer and 'how their money no be mate'
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Buffalo2(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2018
princeade86:
cos most of them live fake lives
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by columbus007(m): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
people shld stop bringing the memory of the dead back to life, he's dead fvcking move on biitches undecided
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Thejustw14(m): 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
Searching" was a hit.:!!:.
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Viking007(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Viking007(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
Thejustw14:
Searching" was a hit.:!!:.
I love that song!

@Seun are you ever going to fix this error?

1 Like

Re: Remembering OJB Jezreel Two Years After His Death by Pavore9: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
Godson201333:

Women and fame ooo....he was from a well affluent family.

That is where discipline sets in, women and fame are illusions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can Never Be Depressed - Charles Okocha / BBNaija's Uriel Oputa Celebrates Birthday With Adorable Photo / Hot Mama!!!! Meet Nigerian "Top Socialite - Miss Ukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.