Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

The Weird Name Pattern Of Our Group Opponents Iceland - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Weird Name Pattern Of Our Group Opponents Iceland (677 Views)

Fifa U17 World Cup: Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon And Angola Know Group Opponents / 2018 FIFA World Cup: Super Eagles Group D Opponents Croatia, Iceland Lose Friend / Profiles Of Nigeria's Opponents At The 2018 Russia World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Weird Name Pattern Of Our Group Opponents Iceland by CodeTemplar: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
Goalkeepers
Halldorsson, Schram, Runarsson

Defenders
Saevarsson, Ingason, R. Sigurdsson, Arnason, Eyjolfsson, Magnusson, A. Skulason

Midfielders
Fridjonsson, A. Gudmundsson, J. Gudmundsson, Bjarnason, G. Sigurdsson, O. Skulason, Gunnarsson, Gislason, Hallfredsson, Traustason

Forwards
Sigurdarson, Finnbogason, Bodvarsson

All except one name has "son" as the last three letters. I hope the referee doesn't mix up their names that day and give them advantage.
Re: The Weird Name Pattern Of Our Group Opponents Iceland by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2018
Check Serbia.. Poland.. Croatia.. Same

1 Like

Re: The Weird Name Pattern Of Our Group Opponents Iceland by CodeTemplar: 8:20am On Jun 15, 2018
^^^ Croatia's is "ic"
Re: The Weird Name Pattern Of Our Group Opponents Iceland by Ndonu101: 8:49am On Jun 15, 2018
This is not a co-incidence

It is Icelandic tradition for a child to add son at the end of his father’s first name to create his surname

If my first name is Michael and I give birth to a son called John, his name becomes John Michaelson

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

World Cup 2018: Robbie Williams Breaks Russian Law At Opening Ceremony / Kongerfbet / Nnu Income Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.