Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Sho Mo Age Mi Ni? See Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use This Slang - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sho Mo Age Mi Ni? See Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use This Slang (386 Views)

DJ Computer Love Remixed Davido's Trending Slang "Tule Joor" / Na Dem Dey Rush Us -Song That Started The Slang (Audio) / Jiganbabaoja – Sho Mo Age Mi Ni (mp3 Download) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sho Mo Age Mi Ni? See Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use This Slang by dalexz4(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
Nigerians are best known for savage replies worldwide, there can be no iota of doubt to that and Nigeria has been a country where there’ll always be a trending word like “TRANSMISSION”.
At every point in time in Nigeria, there’s always a trending word that will dominate all social media platforms you can find Nigerians and this time, it’s “Sho Mo Age Mi Ni?” which was originated by a Nollywood actor, Kazeem Abimbola popularly identified as Jigan Babaoja.

Kazeem took to social media to disclose that no matter the number of times anyone asks about his age, he will never reveal his real age but ask them “sho mo age mi ni?”

However, there’s been a tremendous use of the slang by Nigerians who don’t even know who first originated the word.

Here’s a brief story that tells why Kazeem came about the popular slang “Sho mo age mi ni?”

I have actually done several skits but it’s just that God had mandated that I would become popular with this ‘Sho mo age mi’ slang. I was on a movie location with some of my friends when we started talking about our actresses that were celebrating their 40th birthday; we said that some of them were either not up to 40 years or they were above the age.

That was how we started arguing and I cited myself as an example, asking them if they knew if I was up to 40 years old. That’s how I started asking them if they knew my age in Yoruba. From there, something urged me to do a skit about it and that’s how it went viral.

Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use “Sho Mo Age Mi Ni” Slang
This slag as seeming very funny can be as well not good for you to
use. Do you want to know? I’ll list them below.
1. It will make people who respect you before disrespecting you
2. You will be depressed after using the slang
3. If you’re asked anything it’ll be the first thing you’ll say
4. Your manager might ask for your age someday and you won’t know when you’ll say “Sho mo age mi ni?”

That’s all we have for today.

SOURCE - http://davidolatestsong.com.ng/sho-mo-age-mi-ni-why-you-shouldnt-use-this-slang/

Re: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni? See Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use This Slang by ehbellsho(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2018
ok
Re: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni? See Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use This Slang by MyOwnOpinion(f): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
your reasons are not cogent enough. after all how long will this slang last before another one takes over. next pls..

1 Like

Re: Sho Mo Age Mi Ni? See Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Use This Slang by midolian(m): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
MyOwnOpinion:
your reasons are not cogent enough.
after all how long will this slang last before another one takes over.
next pls..
Not cogent enough ke? Do you know his age? grin grin

No mind the OP abeg. He just want to be heard

(1) (Reply)

Music / What's Your Favorite Track From The K.O.D Album? - Jcole / Olamide Expands YBNL By Signing Two New Talents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.