Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,764 members, 7,831,453 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man (1905 Views)

Jesus The Exact Reflection Of The Father. / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
Revelation 19 : 11 - 14

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He [a]had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

You may have come across this same line many times but everything seem in order but try and look at this from a different perspective.

The writer of Revelation was discribing the splendor of Christ's second coming. JESUS and his angels were coming riding on white horses

This was at a period when man's transportation technology was no more than horses, chariots, carriages.

It seems the technology of heaven are always of a reflection of that of man?

Why?

The book of revelation always vividly discribes the information technology of heaven.. Scrolls

The canon of the revelation is hinged on its status as a revealed truth of God but this profound realisation leads to these questions.

1. Today, we use cars, jets and motorbikes. Jesus and his angels are still riding horses?

2. If yes, does this show heavenly technology is a reflection of the times these books were written?

3. If No. Why? What changed? Why did it change?

If you have a critical look at these clues they mean one thing. These tales are human inventions. Every description of God and heaven bears the pawprint of human inspiration.

Gold is our favorite metal, heaven is literally made of Gold.
At a time we rode horses, heaven rode horses.

Gods seem to be a perfect mirror of man at each point in his life.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
I think the answer should be God uses things that familiar to us in a revelation.

I don't believe in revelations though
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by CAPSLOCKED: 8:19pm On Jun 14, 2018

THE "SCROLL" PART GOT ME LAUGHING.

TRUTH IS, THOSE STORIES WEREN'T INSPIRED BY SOME DIVINE ENTITY.

THE BOOK OF REVELATION TALKED ABOUT "SCROLLS" BECAUSE THAT WAS THE MAIN RECORDS KEEPING MATERIAL AS OF THE TIME THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN.

IF IT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE TIME OF MOSES, ROCKS OR TABLETS WOULD HAVE REPLACED SCROLL.

THE STORIES ARE JUST MANS IMAGINATIONS. 7 HEADED BEASTS, TRUMPETS, CHARIOTS.. SKY DWELLERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SPIRITS, WHO DON'T NEED ANY MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION. LOTS OF THINGS ARE FUCD UP IN THE HOLY BOOK.

6 Likes

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
nwabekeyi:
I think the answer should be God uses things that familiar to us in a revelation.

I don't believe in revelations though

Ezekiel had a revelation that was drastically different from things attainable to his time.

I think that contradicts this idea

1 Like

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
johnydon22:

Ezekiel had a revelation that was drastically different from things attainable to his time.

anyways, I don't believe in revelations
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
johnny u re really in the mood today
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
nwabekeyi:
anyways, I don't believe in revelations

I don't too. But I find the revelation of Ezekiel fascinating
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by CAPSLOCKED: 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
johnydon22:

HEY IZIKEL WAS THE GUY THAT WAS MADE TO LIE ON HIS SIDE FOR MANY MONTHS, AND EAT BREAD MADE OF SHĪT RIGHT? HAHA grin
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE "SCROLL" PART GOT ME LAUGHING.

TRUTH IS, THOSE STORIES WEREN'T INSPIRED BY SOME DIVINE ENTITY.

THE BOOK OF REVELATION TALKED ABOUT "SCROLLS" BECAUSE THAT WAS THE MAIN RECORDS KEEPING MATERIAL AS OF THE TIME THE BOOK WAS WRITTEN.

IF IT WAS WRITTEN DURING THE TIME OF MOSES, ROCKS OR TABLETS WOULD HAVE REPLACED SCROLL.

THE STORIES ARE JUST MANS IMAGINATIONS. 7 HEADED BEASTS, TRUMPETS, CHARIOTS.. SKY DWELLERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SPIRITS, WHO DON'T NEED ANY MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION. LOTS OF THINGS ARE FUCD UP IN THE HOLY BOOK.

Man and God met each other on the road and both yelled "My creator!"

3 Likes

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

HEY IZIKEL WAS THE GUY THAT WAS MADE TO LIE ON HIS SIDE FOR MANY MONTHS, AND EAT BREAD MADE OF SHĪT RIGHT? HAHA; D

I think that was Jeremiah..
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by CAPSLOCKED: 8:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
johnydon22:

I think that was Jeremiah..
NAH.. EZEKIEL HAD TO ARGUE WITH GOD. THEN......

1 Like

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

NAH.. EZEKIEL HAD TO ARGUE WITH GOD. THEN......

Oooooh
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2018
i love mother earth,i think i will start worshipping her tongue
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by dalaman: 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
Buyterflyloe was busy telling me how some prophesy was fullfilled in the bible when America moved it's embassy to Israel. I read the entire passage and saw Yahweh warning the people that he will strike all horses and make them blind and inflict their riders with madness.

Yahweh for got that people today now ride cars, trains and fly airplanes in Israel that's assuming the nonsense written there has anything to do with what is happening in the world today.
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by CAPSLOCKED: 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
dalaman:
Buyterflyloe was busy telling me how some prophesy was fullfilled in the bible when America moved it's embassy to Israel. I read the entire passage and saw Yahweh warning the people that he will strike all horses and make them blind and inflict their riders with madness.

Yahweh forgot that people today now ride cars, trains and fly airplanes in Israel that assuming the nonsense written there as anything to do with what is happening in the world today.

HE'LL STRIKE ALL OUR CARS THEN. smiley
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by dalaman: 4:02am On Jun 15, 2018
For ~14.7 Billion years no God was worshipped. The earth came about 4.5 billion years ago and life began. Only a few hundred thousand years ago humans emerged. They started by worshipping stones, rocks, trees and animals. They then worshipped the fire. Some worshipped the sun and the moon. Then worshipped other humans as Gods. Over time humans started worshipping groups of invisible people living in the sky. Then the people living in the sky sent humans as messengers to guide other humans. Then God became a single person in the sky. Now we worship a God that lives outside of our universe whom we can never see nor verify and is a mysterious force. Do you notice a pattern? It seems God and worship is a very human concept that keeps receding into mystery. A concept coined by archaic humans who were oblivious to the reality of the cosmos. There have been thousands of Gods in history, but only your's is only right? And your invisible God hates and will torture all other humans that don't worship him. Did God really create man in his image or man created God in his?

-A.Gondal

2 Likes

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by DeSepiero(m): 7:32am On Jun 15, 2018
Hello Johnydon22,

I'd like to ask some questions.

Do you think all stories in the bible are false?
Are all happenings imaginations?
Are all the characters fictional?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 8:06am On Jun 15, 2018
DeSepiero:
Hello Johnydon22,

Alright brother.

No. But like every religious book there are two intents behind the biblical stories.

1. For theological purpose
2. A hint of history.

The stories that are intended as theological lessons both in Old and New testament are mostly false or exaggerated and they constitute a bigger part of the bible. Example, Job, Daniel etc.

The stories that attempt a hint at history have subtle truths in them even though largely exeggerated: E.G: Ezdras

No. Theological stories however are meant for one purpose, to impact spiritual edification and upliftment. E.G: The story of Israel being rescued from Egypt was written as a time of Babylonian exile trying to make the people strong and faithful that their salvation is at hand. It was for a theological purpose not historical.

No. There are many biblical characters I happen to think once walked this earth, even Jesus himself.

2 Likes

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by DeSepiero(m): 10:21am On Jun 15, 2018
johnydon22:
Alright brother.

No. But like every religious book there are two intents behind the biblical stories.

1. For theological purpose
2. A hint of history.

The stories that are intended as theological lessons both in Old and New testament are mostly false or exaggerated and they constitute a bigger part of the bible. Example, Job, Daniel etc.

The stories that attempt a hint at history have subtle truths in them even though largely exeggerated: E.G: Ezdras

No. Theological stories however are meant for one purpose, to impact spiritual edification and upliftment. E.G: The story of Israel being rescued from Egypt was written as a time of Babylonian exile trying to make the people strong and faithful that their salvation is at hand. It was for a theological purpose not historical.

No. There are many biblical characters I happen to think once walked this earth, even Jesus himself.

I won't argue that the exaggerations weren't intentional for specific purposes as it is very likely. However, my concern is on how we perceive the stories and discern the real ones from the imagined one.

In this case, your focus is on a portion of the revelation by John and as we see, it was really influenced by the times in which he lived.

So do you expect John, who supposedly walked the earth a couple thousand years to describe something he saw the same way a 21st century man would?
He described things he 'saw' by words available in his vocabulary.

Let me put it in a different light.
The way my great grand father would describe a television when he saw it the first time (if at all he saw it) may sound ridiculous to me.
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 10:44am On Jun 15, 2018
DeSepiero:

I won't argue that the exaggerations weren't intentional for specific purposes as it is very likely. However, my concern is on how we perceive the stories and discern the real ones from the imagined one.
Ok

In this case, your focus is on a portion of the revelation by John and as we see, it was really influenced by the times in which he lived.
Alright

So do you expect John, who supposedly walked the earth a couple thousand years to describe something he saw the same way a 21st century man would?
No No No. Descriptions of unknown things are usually executed by employing a combination of near words available to discriber.

John's description did not show one that was alien to his knowledge, his descriptions were vivid and precise.

Example: In Igbo land when we first came in contact with bicycles, we called them Iron horse (inyinya igwe) this hints on both the material and animal we believe it mimicks. And to a 21st century mind, iron horse connotes a mechanical horse.

In John's case, his descriptions were direct and precise.

The way my great grand father would describe a television when he saw it the first time (if at all he saw it) may sound ridiculous to me.

But your great grand father's discription of a TV would have an subtle inference to its mechanical nature.

The book of Ezekiel, he referred to a vision where he saw a living creature with eyes all over, wheels for legs that could turn in every direction.

Ezekiel 1.

When I looked, I saw a stormy wind coming from the north. There was a great cloud with a bright light around it and fire flashing out of it. Something that looked like glowing metal was in the center of the fire.

Now as I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground by each of the living creatures with its four faces. 16 The wheels and the way they were made were like this: They looked like sparkling chrysolite. All four of them looked the same, like one wheel crossways inside another wheel. 17 When they moved, they went in any one of the four directions, without turning as they went. 18 The rims of the wheels were high and frightening and were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels moved beside them. When the living creatures were lifted up from the ground, the wheels also were lifted up. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, the living creatures would go. And the wheels were lifted up beside them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the living creatures moved, the wheels moved. When the living creatures stopped, the wheels stopped. And when the living creatures were lifted from the ground, the wheels were lifted beside them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Now, over the heads of the living creatures was something like a dome that sparkled like ice and was frightening. 23 And under the dome the wings of the living creatures were stretched out straight toward one another. Each living creature also had two wings covering its body. 24 I heard the sound of their wings, like the roaring sound of the sea, as they moved. It was like the voice of God Almighty, a roaring sound like a noisy army. When the living creatures stopped, they lowered their wings.

This discription was showing a technology that was alien to Ezekiel's culture and time. But he managed to discribe them using words that were attainable to his time but still exhibited a clear distinction between what was normal and his discription even though he used normal words.

John's visions and descriptions did not come in this format.

2 Likes

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by tintingz(m): 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
DeSepiero:
Hello Johnydon22,

Most stories in the Bible are folklores and not historical, there are few historical stories mixed with legends, myths.

The stories in Exodus are filled with legends, there is no Moses in ancient Egyptian literature, no records of Pharaoh(Ramesses the most used) chased after some Jewish slaves in Egypt history, we don't know which Pharaoh and dynasty ruled then.
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 3:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
Godpolymath:
i love mother earth,i think i will start worshipping her tongue

Lol
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
tintingz:
Most stories in the Bible are folklores and not historical, there are few historical stories mixed with legends, myths.
True

The stories in Exodus are filled with legends, there is no Moses in ancient Egyptian literature, no records of Pharaoh(Ramesses the most used) chased after some Jewish slaves in Egypt history, we don't know which Pharaoh and dynasty ruled then.
It served a theological purpose at the origination of this story
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by michlins(m): 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Some will defend this with the logic of it's what the folks can only understand but alas some people like the Mayans made predictions based on scientific research and it's still valid till today. But those guys telling folklore didn't see beyond their nose.

A snake was talking and walking so this one is nothing

1 Like

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by CAPSLOCKED: 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
michlins:
Some will defend this with the logic of it's what the folks can only understand but alas some people like the Mayans made predictions based on scientific research and it's still valid till today. But those guys telling folklore didn't see beyond their nose.

A snake was talking and walking so this one is nothing

HAHA..
RIDICULOUS.
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by frank317: 4:33pm On Jun 15, 2018
DeSepiero:

Does it even make sense that John would describe a heavenly moving object as horse? Let's say the object was more sophisticated than a speed jet... Would he describe it as a horse?
Of course one would expect that if man at this present age can move around with vehicles more sophisticated than a horse or cart or even bicycle heaven will definitely have something much better or would have a completely different means of transportation. I. E appearing and disappearing.
Now why would John have a revelation of Jesus using a cart or angels reading from a scroll? Does heaven also go through stages of development as earth?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by Acepen(m): 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
Am Not A Religious Person But I Think If I Were God I Will Always Appear To My Followers In Ways They Can Comprehend.As In The Case Of John
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by DeSepiero(m): 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2018
johnydon22:
Ok

Alright

No No No. Descriptions of unknown things are usually executed by employing a combination of near words available to discriber.

John's description did not show one that was alien to his knowledge, his descriptions were vivid and precise.

Example: In Igbo land when we first came in contact with bicycles, we called them Iron horse (inyinya igwe) this hints on both the material and animal we believe it mimicks. And to a 21st century mind, iron horse connotes a mechanical horse.

In John's case, his descriptions were direct and precise.

But your great grand father's discription of a TV would have an subtle inference to its mechanical nature.

The book of Ezekiel, he referred to a vision where he saw a living creature with eyes all over, wheels for legs that could turn in every direction.

Ezekiel 1.

When I looked, I saw a stormy wind coming from the north. There was a great cloud with a bright light around it and fire flashing out of it. Something that looked like glowing metal was in the center of the fire.

Now as I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground by each of the living creatures with its four faces. 16 The wheels and the way they were made were like this: They looked like sparkling chrysolite. All four of them looked the same, like one wheel crossways inside another wheel. 17 When they moved, they went in any one of the four directions, without turning as they went. 18 The rims of the wheels were high and frightening and were full of eyes all around.

19 When the living creatures moved, the wheels moved beside them. When the living creatures were lifted up from the ground, the wheels also were lifted up. 20 Wherever the spirit would go, the living creatures would go. And the wheels were lifted up beside them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. 21 When the living creatures moved, the wheels moved. When the living creatures stopped, the wheels stopped. And when the living creatures were lifted from the ground, the wheels were lifted beside them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

22 Now, over the heads of the living creatures was something like a dome that sparkled like ice and was frightening. 23 And under the dome the wings of the living creatures were stretched out straight toward one another. Each living creature also had two wings covering its body. 24 I heard the sound of their wings, like the roaring sound of the sea, as they moved. It was like the voice of God Almighty, a roaring sound like a noisy army. When the living creatures stopped, they lowered their wings.

This discription was showing a technology that was alien to Ezekiel's culture and time. But he managed to discribe them using words that were attainable to his time but still exhibited a clear distinction between what was normal and his discription even though he used normal words.

John's visions and descriptions did not come in this format.

Your response was quite elaborate.
Considering your last statement, your conclusion will be ...?
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
DeSepiero:

Your response was quite elaborate.
Considering your last statement, your conclusion will be ...?

It is more likely that John was making a precise discription
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by HardMirror(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
johnydon22:
Revelation 19 : 11 - 14

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He [a]had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.

You may have come across this same line many times but everything seem in order but try and look at this from a different perspective.

The writer of Revelation was discribing the splendor of Christ's second coming. JESUS and his angels were coming riding on white horses

This was at a period when man's transportation technology was no more than horses, chariots, carriages.

It seems the technology of heaven are always of a reflection of that of man?

Why?

The book of revelation always vividly discribes the information technology of heaven.. Scrolls

The canon of the revelation is hinged on its status as a revealed truth of God but this profound realisation leads to these questions.

1. Today, we use cars, jets and motorbikes. Jesus and his angels are still riding horses?

2. If yes, does this show heavenly technology is a reflection of the times these books were written?

3. If No. Why? What changed? Why did it change?

If you have a critical look at these clues they mean one thing. These tales are human inventions. Every description of God and heaven bears the pawprint of human inspiration.

Gold is our favorite metal, heaven is literally made of Gold.
At a time we rode horses, heaven rode horses.

Gods seem to be a perfect mirror of man at each point in his life.

well writen. Good one bro
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by HardMirror(m): 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
johnydon22:

It is more likely that John was making a precise discription
i agree with you. The excuse of misinterpretation is lame.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Lie Of Islam: Mohammed Sold To Muslims As An Illiterate / 7 Signs Of The Abusive Jezebel Church Leaders / Today Is 21.12.2012. Doomsday Or Calendar Flip? Countdown Clock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.