Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari (4191 Views)

Obasanjo Slams Buhari Again, Says President Is Sick In The Spirit, Body And Soul / Amaechi Destroys PMB, Says President Doesn't Listen To Anybody Doesn't Read-Reno / Atiku Replies Buhari Organisation, Says President’s Camp Now Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
In his Sallah message to mark the end of the Ramadan fasting period, President Muhammadu Buhari has stressed the importance of putting the virtues of Islam into practice beyond the fasting season.

While congratulating Muslims on completing "this spiritually significant month of sacrifice", the President urged them to reflect on the importance of Ramadan in becoming good ambassadors of Islam at all times.

According to the President, “religion should be the moral compass for all believers in their public and personal lives,” adding that "if people allow the teachings of their religions to influence their conducts, problems such as corruption, which diverts public funds to private pockets, would have been eliminated in the society." He regretted, however, that "selfishness and greed have overcome people's conscience so much that they don't have moral inhibitions in the pursuit of their greed." He said "it is impossible to separate morality from religion, and removing this connection encourages corrupt leaders and other exploiters to commit atrocities against the society." "I always wonder why any true believer, be they politicians, civil servants or businessmen, would seek to make profits from the misfortunes of others", the President added.

He also urged ordinary Nigerians to stop glorifying thieves by treating them with disdain for bringing hardships to others.

President Buhari enjoined religious leaders to always pray for peace and unity in the country and avoid making inflammatory utterances that endanger peace or promote conflicts.

The President also appealed to fellow citizens to forgive one another and embrace peace.

In this respect, President Buhari lauded the families of recipients of national honours for showing good examples to Nigerians and urged our country men and women to copy their good examples.

He thanked Nigerians for their patience and assured that their sacrifices will not be in vain, adding that reforming a country that was pushed into near decay on account of corruption comes with teething pains. "But these pains are temporary, the APC administration which I am priv
"But these pains are temporary, the APC administration which I am privileged to lead, is beholden to the ordinary Nigerians and will leave no stone unturned to make their security, welfare and happiness our priority", the President further reassured.
Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
June 14, 2018

Source: http://fcmgist..com/2018/06/lessons-of-ramadan-should-not-be.html?m=1

Fonny Clown Media

1 Like

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Bonapart(m): 6:33am On Jun 15, 2018
Lessons to continue killing and maiming the Christians and the continuation of Nigeria Islamisation.
Before you quote me read his quote.
"As long as I live, Sharia will go all over Nigeria"
"An attack on boko haram is an attack on the North"

If this man isn't kick out of office, more will be kicked out of Life.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by CertifiedA: 6:34am On Jun 15, 2018
cheesy
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by chillychill(f): 6:34am On Jun 15, 2018
*Eid Mubarak (Taqabalallahu minna wa minkum)*

All praise is due to Almighty Allah and may the peace and blessings be upon the prophet who said, *"There is an Eid for every nation and this is Our Eid."* (Sahih bukhari 952)

On this Joyous and wonderful occasion of Eid al-fitr, I am pleased to extend my heartiest greeting to you, your family, friends and dear ones.

_May Almighty Allah accept all your good deeds and prayers performed during the month that has passed, and reward you generously in the days to come._

_May you and your family enjoy a blessed and joyous day of celebration, and make it the harbinger of peace, security, dignity, freedom and enhanced spiritual blessings for you, your family, friends and dear ones._

*May Almighty Allah help those millions all over the world who are suffering under varying conditions of occupation, genocide , oppression, displacement, and poverty to regain their dignity and freedom.*

*May Almighty Allah inspire you to imbibe true soul and spirit of Islam: mercy, kindness, humility, empathy, integrity, magnanimity and thus serve as instruments of peace and healing to move Islam to a high pedestal.*

_May Allah (سبحانه و تعالى) grant you the grace to witness more Ramadans and honor you to die in a state of self-surrender, and gather you in the company of the prophets and the righteous._ Ameen.

*#Alhamdulillah*

kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by simplemach(m): 6:36am On Jun 15, 2018
Na you need the lessons pass self, forgive Nigerians, pity us and let us have a bit of peace of mind by willingly going back to Daura, and not wait until you are voted out. Thank you in advance sir!

5 Likes

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Adedayobusayo12(f): 6:36am On Jun 15, 2018
Some idiots above me acted like their lives depend on FTC by using smiley and dot. It is well with you. Like for ME, share for BUHARI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by pol23: 6:37am On Jun 15, 2018
Lesson of recession can never be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by mysteriousman(m): 6:39am On Jun 15, 2018
A true Muslim knows that, I only hope to explore more ways to be kind to people than the ones I know before, part of what I learnt this ramadan

1 Like

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Nelchuksmandela(m): 6:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Bravo! Mr president my numba 1 leader........if u are for him in 2019 hit like, if u are not hit share

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by hushshinani(m): 6:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Some people did not commit their known usual sins during Ramadan but they pend their illicit act towards ending of Ramadan...

Tell me why God will not purnish you after Ramadan...

1 Like

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by enoch701(m): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2018
Happy good Friday to all our Muslim brothers

1 Like

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by waranjalicious(m): 6:45am On Jun 15, 2018
i hear u
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:47am On Jun 15, 2018
Important lesson that still hasn't stopped all the killing!

".......In the name of the merciful, SHOW NO MERCY!'

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Omeokachie: 6:47am On Jun 15, 2018
"He also urged ordinary Nigerians to stop glorifying thieves by treating them with disdain for bringing hardships to others."

Coming from the same man that is defending and glorifying Abacha!

I guess one of the lessons he does not want Nigerians to forget is how to lie during Ramadan.

President 'do what I say but not what I do'

2 Likes

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by BeingFrank(m): 6:47am On Jun 15, 2018
Must You Pass On Blames Oga Buhari? What Tangible Thing Have You Accomplished In More Than 3 Yrs, Apart From Fulani Herdsmen Killing For Fun To Gladden Your Heart And A Battered Economy. You Are A Real National Disaster. Our Holy Petroleum Minister, And The Sector Is Nothing To Write Home About, Prices Of Fuel Growing Like A Well Fed Snake Everyday. If Someone Reminds You Of 1naira = $1, You Lock Him Up Calling Him A Corrupt Element. This Man Needs To Be Flung Out Of That Seat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Aare2050(m): 6:48am On Jun 15, 2018
Eidul Fitr a day when the Muslims thank Allah for having given them the will, the strength and the endurance to observe fast and obey His commandment during the holy month of Ramadhan. May Allah accept it from me and you. Eid Mubarak. ��

Check my signature
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by zombieHUNTER: 6:48am On Jun 15, 2018
Buhari is a terrorist

This same thing was nominated by Boko Haram to represent them in negotiating with the previous administration..

Terrorists are all the same
The same mentality and views

2 Likes

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by hushshinani(m): 6:49am On Jun 15, 2018
TRUE
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Timekeeper: 6:58am On Jun 15, 2018
Which lesson? Suicide bombing or fulani herdsmen still attacking and killing people for dinner during the Holy Ramadan.. Which lesson abeg

1 Like

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Alejoc(m): 6:58am On Jun 15, 2018
You are no muslim Sir.... Your religion is elitism!
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by PHILipu1(m): 7:00am On Jun 15, 2018
Bonapart:
Lessons to continue killing and maiming the Christians and the continuation of Nigeria Islamisation.

Kick out with ur people 5% votes?
But you wanted Jonathan to continue even when bokoharam were killing people up and down
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Bossontop(m): 7:01am On Jun 15, 2018
undecided
If u know u know

1 Like

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Quality20(m): 7:03am On Jun 15, 2018
Bonapart:

just go and die if u cant stand buharis rule. pure envy wanna kill u and ur fellow ipobian minded folks, but u cant change destiny or undo d decree of d Almighty. Ur grouse isnt really with buhari but with d Supreme being who has destined him to be our president
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Bonapart(m): 7:23am On Jun 15, 2018
Quality20:
just go and die if u cant stand buharis rule. pure envy wanna kill u and ur fellow ipobian minded folks, but u cant change destiny or undo d decree of d Almighty. Ur grouse isnt really with buhari but with d Supreme being who has destined him to be our president
lol.... Buhari is a cursed to your generation
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by anochuko01(m): 7:23am On Jun 15, 2018
buh
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Bonapart(m): 7:24am On Jun 15, 2018
PHILipu1:

Kick out with ur people 5% votes?
But you wanted Jonathan to continue even when bokoharam were killing people up and down
when your people gets affected, we will still watch from the sidelines. Is either you guys are sick or out of your minds
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 15, 2018
During Christians annual holidays, has this man ever made any national broadcast?
I'm curious.
Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 15, 2018
Bonapart:

CC lzaa onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy roger3d imperialyoruba odvanguard yorubaassasin

1 Share

Re: Lessons Of Ramadan Should Not Be Forgotten, Says President Buhari by smithbidy(m): 7:48am On Jun 15, 2018
Bonapart:

Bruh I thought money has been donated to you on nairaland to operate your brain tumor. If not I see no reason why you didn't see the message peace embracing. And for account you don't even have PVC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Come Amaechi What Is My Business With Onitsha Goat Seller Shirt Surfaces Online / SERAP Urges Buhari To Implement Report On Financial Autonomy For Judiciary / Uche Mefor Is Not Dead Shame On IPOB PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.