Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Adress Your Country’s Priorities: Loesech Blast Chimamanda - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adress Your Country’s Priorities: Loesech Blast Chimamanda (686 Views)

What Are Your Priorities? / Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism / Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adress Your Country’s Priorities: Loesech Blast Chimamanda by Ewuro4: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2018
Feminism: Chimamanda Should Return to Her Country And Speak On Genital Mutilation- US Activist Blasts Nigerian Author By Femi Famutimi (June 15, 2028)

A United State spokesperson on Gun ownership and the second amendment, Dana Loesch, has hit out at Nigerian author and prominent feminist, Chimamanda Adichie and told her to “return to her own country and worry about genital mutilation”

This is in response to Adichie’s appearance on the Today show where she spoke out against what people deem to be acts of chivalry which she explained was subtle sexism.

According to Chimamanda; “I think gestures like holding the door shouldn’t be gender-based,”

“I’m quite happy for people to hold the door for me. But I hope they’re not doing it because of this sort of idea of chivalry.
“Because chivalry is really about the idea that women are somehow weak and need protecting. But we know that really, there are many women who are stronger than many men.”

Loesch, however, opined that Adichie did not understand the concept of chivalry and said she should focus more on the ills in her nations such as genital mutilation.

“I don’t think she understands quite the concept of chivalry, which was a code of conduct for gentlemen,” Loesch said.

“With all due respect to Adichie — and I’m familiar with her — I think it’s a luxury of third-way feminism to complain about holding doors open for people where her country, Nigeria, it ranks top in the world for female genital mutilation, which I think if far more of a disservice to women and far more suppressive than someone courteously opening the door for someone else.”

2 Likes

Re: Adress Your Country’s Priorities: Loesech Blast Chimamanda by Prognose: 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ngozi's yapping is becoming too much.

Did the united States women complain about the door opening issue? undecided
Re: Adress Your Country’s Priorities: Loesech Blast Chimamanda by Prognose: 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
Female genital mutilation in the north and south of nigeria

Child marriage in the north of Nigeria

Global domestic violence against women in Nigeria

The silence of a thousand rape victims in Nigeria

Has Ngozi addressed any of these before talking about chivalry or the lack of it? undecided As a prominent world figure, wouldn't speaking against such ills in your home country bring international limelight on these issues and help to curb them?

No, she'd rather destroy any iota of romance the western world has left.
Re: Adress Your Country’s Priorities: Loesech Blast Chimamanda by ElsonMorali: 7:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Cho cho cho cho cho, stupid woman. She think say na only she get mouth, just dey jump around like bonobo monkey.

I just like that American woman. Please lecture her. Feminism a borrowed concept, just like Christianity and Islam. Trust nigerians to always abuse it.

1 Like

Re: Adress Your Country’s Priorities: Loesech Blast Chimamanda by 9jatriot(m): 12:17am On Apr 08, 2023
Bideh don suppose get her letter
Re: Adress Your Country’s Priorities: Loesech Blast Chimamanda by yemmit90: 7:40pm On Apr 08, 2023
This woman is senseless, I wish someone gave her a practical lesson that will change her stupid mentally for life. The same hypocrite who will hide behind men during a gun shot but will start claiming equal right, just because the same men deliberately made it so.

Physically, men and women are not equal. The day men stop protecting women, is the day they will all become vulnerable prey to the nature.

Men and women are blessed with knowledge but only men are given the wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed / Nigerian Man Connives With Doctor To Remove Wife’s Womb Because She Doesn’t Want / Boys Looking For Hide Out To Smoke Weed Find Giant Tiger In Abandoned Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.