Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Mother Of Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Speaks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Of Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Speaks (416 Views)

Nigerian Military Furious Over Leaked Video Of Abubakar Shekau’s Execution / Exposed-watch Boko Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Meeting With His Fighters-video / Breaking News: Chadian Soldiers Killed Abubakar Shekau Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Mother Of Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Speaks by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
The mother of Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, has given what appears to be her first media interview.

Falmata Abubakar spoke with the Voice of America, VOA, in the village of Shekau, Yobe State.

In a report published Thursday, VOA said elders and leader of the village took its team to the woman.

The report also said Mr Shekau’s late father was the Imam of the village mosque before his death.

Ms Abubakar said she had no idea where her son was or his situation.

“I don’t know whether he is dead or alive, only God knows, I have not seen him in the last 15 years,” she said.

Residents of the village said they always hid the identity of their village for fear of being associated with the Boko Haram leader.

Mr Shekau is notorious for his leadership of the deadly group responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Niger.

He has personally carried out the execution of several people including members of the sect he leads. He has also carried out many raids leading to death and destruction of many towns and villages across the North-eastern part of Nigeria.

His mother said Mr Shekau left the village for Maiduguri, the Borno State capital as a young boy in search of Islamic knowledge. She said he was an “almajiri boy” who walks around the streets of Maiduguri looking for food.

She said it was in the course of seeking Islamic knowledge that her son came into contact with the founder of Boko Haram, Mohammed Yusuf. She said the late Boko Haram leader was the one who indoctrinated her son.

“I did not set my eyes on him since he came into contact with Mohammed Yusuf,” she said.

“I know he is my son, and everyone knows a mother’s love for her son, but our attitude to life is different,” she said.

She also said “He has put so many people in serious difficulty, I pray that God guides him right.”

Ms Falmata said she will not curse her son, saying “he has chosen a path different from the one we put him on, only God knows what he has become now.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/272450-just-in-mother-of-boko-haram-leader-abubakar-shekau-speaks.html

Lalasticlala
Re: Mother Of Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Speaks by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
I can't believe the mother of this terrorist is still living in freedom. Tompolo's father was killed in a failed attempt to bait him in. Nnamdi Kalu's father was intimidated. BH's terrorists parents and siblings should be arrest also. They can breed terrorist and sit quietly while the war unfold and people a getting killed and kidnapped.

Chibok and Dapchi girls have not been returned safely to their parent for Christ sake!
Re: Mother Of Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau, Speaks by Mynd44: 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2018

(1)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill Soldier In Benue; Chop Off His P@nis. / SHOCKING VIDEO: "Money Woman" Practice In Africa? / Woman Narrowly Escapes Death After Jumping Out Of A Bus About To Somersault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.