Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos (25808 Views)

80-Year-Old Woman Burnt To Death As Fire Guts Building In Kwara (Photos) / Fire Guts Building Of 8 Rooms, 15 Shops In Kwara / Fire Guts Building In Mushin Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by ruffp: 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2018
Leaving your A/C on doesn't cause any problem. Its substandard wires, wiring and electric units that result in fires. In developed countries, units (not just a/c) are left permanently on for yrs. They don't result in fires because building construction is very regulated n inspection is done to ensure standards are maintained. Then smoke detectors are also compulsory with smoke alarms connected to the closest fire station.

Its good we all understand the source of our problem. Leave the a/c out of it.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by HoodBillionaire: 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2018
im sure she bought it akube
or belgium ac wey dem don work om compressor yite
use stabilizer
roanaldo isay goal
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by kalu61(m): 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2018
flexyrule:
This is for my friend David.
Always leaving his AC on when going out..all in the name of "make room chill"

My own is using my cell phone close to the gas cylinder while cooking.
In short, my phone is with me about 95% of the day. Toilet, kitchen, bathroom, sleeping, office, class, church, etc
Sometimes, I'll want to checky email... I'll end up in WhatsApp then nairaland... After 30 minutes, I'll drop the phone and then remember I was supposed to check my email... The punching starts again.
I need to break free from this habbit. "We" need to break free. I know "we" are many.
No bi only you oo. Exactly my habit. My pot don burn finish. I came back from work on day and put on the gas only to wake up. Omo see smoke.
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Mcslize: 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
fuckerstard:
Damn, those yeye source that knew she's fond of leaving her AC on always. If one of them don approach the woman and enlightened her about the danger of leaving the AC on we might not be reading this..Instead they are quick to point out she's fond of leaving it on.

I've experienced something similar some years back, my bro loves to have his room chilled whenever he comes back from work. If not that he dropped his room key while he was going out dat day, we might no be able to put out the fire and the whole top floor might be affected.. Na That day i know say fire no dey play, see escalation!!! I carry extinguisher enter room sef i no see fire wey i wan kill, thick smoke everywhere. Na water do am last last..

Shed more light on this bro. I really don't understand why an air condition will catch fire. Is it that it gets hot when put on for long period of time? What if someone is fond of staying at home 24 hrs and there is light 24/7 and the air condition keeps running for that 24 hrs, does it mean it will get hot and catch fire?

Then how does one prevent an air condition from catching fire as the scenario above?

More light on this pls.
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Tobycharles: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
fuckerstard:
Damn, those yeye source that knew she's fond of leaving her AC on always. If one of them don approach the woman and enlightened her about the danger of leaving the AC on we might not be reading this..Instead they are quick to point out she's fond of leaving it on.

I've experienced something similar some years back, my bro loves to have his room chilled whenever he comes back from work. If not that he dropped his room key while he was going out dat day, we might no be able to put out the fire and the whole top floor might be affected.. Na That day i know say fire no dey play, see escalation!!! I carry extinguisher enter room sef i no see fire wey i wan kill, thick smoke everywhere. Na water do am last last..

Water is also a conductor, Pls be guided!

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2018
This should be caused by bad wiring and erratic power supply.
Nothing wrong in leaving a on.
Is it not the same as leaving freezer or refrigerator on?

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mcslize:

Shed more light on this bro. I really don't understand why an air condition will catch fire. Is it that it gets hot when put on for long period of time? What if someone is fond of staying at home 24 hrs and there is light 24/7 and the air condition keeps running for that 24 hrs, does it mean it will get hot and catch fire?

Then how does one prevent an air condition from catching fire as the scenario above?

More light on this pls.

https://www.thecoolingco.com/blog/3-common-causes-of-ac-fires-and-how-to-prevent-them
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by PRO60900: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
YOU CAN MAKE IT
DONT BE LEFT OUT

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Tobycharles: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
Putting on air con. when not available ain't any excuse for ignorance but a pure sheer display of stupidity n conscious outplay of security measure.

Hoping those still being cut up in this kinda web, will take a pie, before being dawned with the conflagration in the hardest way.
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by emerged01(m): 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2018
benny21704:
How is that possible?
Na this fake wire and join join wire wey dem use go cause am. One can avoid this by using original wire from indoor unit to the outdoor unit

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by mypains: 9:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
fuckerstard:

When next you are faced with fire caused by electric source, the first thing you do is cut the power supply to prevent further damage.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by madgoat(m): 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2018
EgunMogaji:

If you have used good wire, have whole house voltage regulator then theirs no reason not to leave it on.

The substandard issues we have in Nigeria is what is making us behave this way.

When I lived in Texas, I set my HVAC to heat during winter when I go to work and to cold in summer.
Mumu people like you dont even knw what the inside of a plane looks like. grin
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by mechanics(m): 9:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
That's the essence of putting off all appliances when away from home.
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 15, 2018
madgoat:

Mumu people like you dont even knw what the inside of a plane looks like. grin

Your userid is very apt, very wink

View the picture and expire of painment there with that your gnarly claws that you used to type mumu grin

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 15, 2018
sassysure:
This should be caused by bad wiring and erratic power supply.
Nothing wrong in leaving a on.
Is it not the same as leaving freezer or refrigerator on?

Don't mind them.
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Highex: 10:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
Nothing wrong in leaving your AC on.

Standard material, correct cable size and adequate circuit breaker would have prevented this.

Most houses are not designed to carry additional electrical load from cooling system. Hence, the fire outbreak.

This is becoming rampant. The regulatory body needs to stop people from installing AC in old houses and proposed building should be adequately design and supervised by qualified MEP personnel.

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by LeoThaGreat(m): 10:39pm On Jun 15, 2018
One of the benefits of a prepaid meter is that you can turn it off when leaving the house. This not only saves us from occurrences like this fire outbreak, it also helps us be economical with the way we consume light.
Who has an update on what Fashola is saying about prepaid meters?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by deepwater(f): 5:48am On Jun 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Even people who never see AC before will comment grin

Mr man just shut up already
For the fact u stay outside this country doesn't make you any better.

And before you quote me, yes they are people who still leave in Nigeria and work in the USA

You are not in that class, and can never be. That's why you hide over there

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 16, 2018
deepwater:

Mr man just shut up already
For the fact u stay outside this country doesn't make you any better.

And before you quote me, yes they are people who still leave in Nigeria and work in the USA

You are not in that class, and can never be. That's why you hide over there

Hey Strawberry, good luck with this your inferiority complex grin
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by deepwater(f): 6:36am On Jun 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

EgunMogaji:

Mr man I said shut up
You need not speak up or write anymore
Just shut up
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 16, 2018
deepwater:

Mr man I said shut up
You need not speak up or write anymore
Just shut up

Hey Strawberry, how's market tonight on Allen? grin
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by deepwater(f): 7:33am On Jun 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Hey Strawberry, how's market tonight on Allen? grin

Oops sorry son, I am not on Allen, I am on the newest rig in the gulf of guinea africa!

Maybe we should ask you moms, I heard she got the street lamp post in Allen avenue stuck in her slacked puzzy sometime last week due to low patronage of awon aboki with uncircumcised rods as the fast period wouldn't allow them infect her with more STDs

Pleaae tell your daughter to stay off the pole else she gives birth to a slimy old f.o.o.l like you - daddy!

Now go call the mods MDFKER

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 16, 2018
deepwater:

Oops sorry son, I am not on Allen, I am on the newest rig in the gulf of guinea africa!

Maybe we should ask you moms, I heard she got the street lamp post in Allen avenue stuck in her slacked puzzy sometime last week due to low patronage of awon aboki with uncircumcised rods as the fast period wouldn't allow them infect her with more STDs

Pleaae tell your daughter to stay off the pole else she gives birth to a slimy old f.o.o.l like you - daddy!

Now go call the mods MDFKER

Strawberry, why call Mods? You haven't done anything outlandish and frankly, I enjoy seeing you having a mental breakdown grin

You're simply displaying to the WWW how you were raised smiley

PS: You called me both Son and Daddy, you're truly and totally confused.
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2018
LeoThaGreat:
One of the benefits of a prepaid meter is that you can turn it off when leaving the house. This not only saves us from occurrences like this fire outbreak, it also helps us be economical with the way we consume light.
Who has an update on what Fashola is saying about prepaid meters?

Hopefully, it's something positive. My local NEPA maintains they are out of PPM until October and even then they have to backfill previous requesters angry

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Hyinkar97(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

We're lucky that NEPA doesn't work well.

The day that NEPA has 24/7 electricity for 3 months straight, many houses will burn due to faulty wiring and bad wires.

Lol
Maybe they are trying to protect our houses from burning by not giving us light? grin

1 Like

Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by deepwater(f): 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Strawberry, why call Mods? You haven't done anything outlandish and frankly, I enjoy seeing you having a mental breakdown grin

You're simply displaying to the WWW how you were raised smiley

PS: You called me both Son and Daddy, you're truly and totally confused.

When a demented fellow can not comprehend that he his daddy to his little b.iac.th daughter stuck on the pole grin
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2018
deepwater:

When a demented fellow can not comprehend that he his daddy to his little b.iac.th daughter stuck on the pole grin

Hey Strawberry, you’re still alive.

Your comebacks are week and you’re also a coward for not spelling correctly grin
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Aadeyinka(m): 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Fire has razed a two storey building at No. 21, Akintunde Street, Off Onike Roundabout, Yaba, Lagos.The incident happened at about 11:29. Combined efforts from Lagos State Fire Service, LASEMA and Rapid Response Squad led to the putting out the fire but it had razed the upper floor of the two story building.

According to sources around the area, the owner of the flat was fond of putting her Air conditioner on while she was out. As at the moment the fire started, it was reported that her children could not access her room.

And as at the time they were calling for help, the fire had grown out of proportion.

Lagos State Fire Service and LASEMA finally put out the fire.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/fire-guts-building-in-lagos-after-woman-left-her-air-conditioner-on-photos.html
the owner apartment must be silly , in this jet age, you put things in order, why on earth will u put ac on while off to work or travel, what are u chilling, TV set or chair ? moment you are going out all electrical appliances supposed to put off,see mess now , negligence.
Re: Fire Guts Building In Lagos After Woman Left Her Air Conditioner On. Photos by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 16, 2018
deepwater:

Yeah, so weak like your old mamas pant

Lame comebacks as usual.

Try to come up with some new materials, Strawberry wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cars Damaged As House Fence Collapses In Ibadan (Photos) / RIVER PARK ESTATE, LUGBE ABUJA. A HOME OF LUXURY / Primed 800sqm At Cowriecreek Estate(NLNG ESTATE) LEKKI PHASE 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.