Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,115 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Journey To Neverland- Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Journey To Neverland- Short Story (299 Views)

The Journey To A Thousand Flash / Destination Neverland| A Short Paranormal / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Journey To Neverland- Short Story by ekaromail: 6:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
‘If our sister dies, you will be in soup,’ Alister said and then hung up

What have I gotten myself into? I wondered out loud as I started to dial Abraham’s number. The line wasn’t connecting but I kept on dialing.

I did not bargain for all this rubbish. How can Alister call to threaten me? I only wanted to help and my help should not land me in trouble.

Frustrated now with the bad network refusing to connect, I start to get ready for my emergency trip to Lagos. Alister had asked me to come. As I packed, I allowed my mind to reflect back on how this problem started.

I was sitting outside my Beauty Shop one morning when a car pulled up in front of me. When the door opened, I was surprised to see Abraham step out of it.

‘Rosaline, good morning,’ he greeted.

‘Hmmmm, Oga Abraham,’ I hailed him, ‘good morning.’

‘What’s up?’ He asked.

‘Nothing o. Business is slow these days’ I replied, moving to get an extra chair for him to sit.

We exchanged more pleasantries and then from one topic to the other, we began to talk about his new line of business. Abraham said it pays him more money than his former trade of buying and selling.

Well, one doesn’t hear good news and let it go. Besides, his talks got me curious and I asked him what this new line of business was, and when he opened up, I was like, ‘ha! really?’

Abraham had told me he was now a travel agent. I laughed so hard, tears escaped my eyes. I told him straight up that I didn’t believe him because, in truth, how many persons in Nigeria have the money to travel?

Abraham tried to convince me not to think that way because he had a lot of customers and also, his customers get jobs overseas even before they travel.

‘You mean already made jobs wait for them? My eyes mocked him.

‘Yes nau’

‘I know what you mean… Prostitution and all these hard drug businesses. Is it not?

‘No oh. These are legit job offers, Rosaline.’

‘hmmmm, I don’t believe you anyway’ I insisted.

‘We get job offers like maids, teachers, minders, electricians, plate washers in restaurants, those who will clean gutters and so many others,’ Abraham said in efforts to convince me to give it a try.

Click the link below to read the full story - https://blog.okadabooks.com/journey-to-neverland/

(1) (Reply)

Vitrian Secrets, Book Launch. / Why You’re Blocking Your Flow Of Wealth!! / For All Writers: Join The Write With Style With Oris Workshop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.